News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for miatamel

Member Name: miatamel
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

shows for teen b'day
 Nov 6 2019, 11:52:08 AM

Hi - I'm the lady that asked earlier in the month about which show for a teen's 16th birthday, a one night one shot deal.  (Mean Girls v Beetlejuice, to refresh)
I see now that Free Style Love Supreme could be an option, especially for teen LMM fans.
I know NOTHING about it.  Would this be a great alternative for 16 and two 18s and a mom?

One night, one show...which one?
 Oct 15 2019, 02:31:47 PM

Miles2Go2 said: "Please let us know what show you choose and your family’s review(s) afterwards. What a great parent you are and what lucky children you have. My parents couldn’t afford to take me to New York City when I was a child and the closest I got to theater with them was Disney on Ice as part of the state fair or being a part of local high school productions. In fact, I didn’t get to go to New York City for the first time until 2010 (when I was 46). Obviousl

Oct 15 2019, 02:24:23 PM

Miles2Go2 said: "Based on almost every report on here, The Lightening Thief has gotten bad reports. I’d think any other show on here would be a better option.

Since it is Halloween month, I wonder if what your daughter gravitates/gravitated toward for Halloween costumes might suggest the better option of show. Princess costumes might suggest Mean Girls might be a better fit? Ghouly costumes might suggest Beetlejuice. But what do I know? I haven’t seen either an

Oct 15 2019, 02:15:46 PM

Thank y'all so much for all the input!

Looked like Mean Girls was the unanimous choice there for a long bit, then Beetlejuice started getting some love, and now I'm also really intrigued about Moulin Rouge for them.  

Lots to think about to decide for mid-November and I appreciate you all weighing in SO MUCH!  Coming to NY and getting to see a play is a rare treat for us (Hamilton and Wicked were for the other daughter's 15th birthday) and so I do l

Oct 13 2019, 11:28:41 PM

@Unclecharlie, we've seen the movie and we certainly aren't prude parents so that would be all good :). I'm trying to remember how the girls felt about the movie?  Is the movie pretty close to it?

Oct 13 2019, 11:28:13 AM

Magictodo, I'm in deep rural south so if it comes to an area near me, it's probably not really "near" so no real chance we would go :). With that knowledge, you would choose Mean Girls?

(I didn't pay attention to the Tonys so didn't know Beetlejuice got a lot of love.  I just want her to enjoy whichever one gets picked!)

Oct 13 2019, 11:25:49 AM

Seen both movies, loves both probably equally.
I don't know if one is better quality/ more entertaining than the other.
I live in the Deep South and don't really know anyone that has seen either one :) so thought I would ask the experts here!

Oct 13 2019, 11:19:58 AM

Hi --

Pre-cruise, one night in New York for my daughter's Sweet 16th.  Can see one show....
Mean Girls or Beetlejuice?

(For reference, we are embarking next day on Disney cruise so will have all the Disney I need so no Disney shows.  Seen Wicked and Hamilton.  November)

THanks!

Rare treat: suggestions for show?
 Sep 3 2016, 02:34:55 PM

Thank you all SO SO much for the suggestions and opinions!

School of Rock would have definitely been high on the list but they aren't playing the night we could go (9/22).

My 12 year old has been dancing since she was 3 and is the creative/artistic one.  My 15 year old is the intellect/reader with two left feet so it's hard to find one they would both like since they are polar opposites.  That would be why I'm ruling Cats out.  I'm ruling o

Sep 1 2016, 07:13:47 PM

We saw Wicked a couple of years ago and they loved it (of course).
I didn't consider The Color Purple because I was afraid some of it would be too mature for the 12 year old?  (We live in a very small town and homeschool so she's probably not as worldly as she might be otherwise, if that makes sense).

Sep 1 2016, 05:00:21 PM

I'm bringing my two girls, 12 and 15, to see Hamilton (thanks to you guys I got tickets after the Tony's!) 9/21 from the Deep South.  This is a rare treat and we are thinking now that we'd like to see another show on one of the three nights we are there.  Can you recommend one for us, a relative Broadway novice?
I was thinking of:
Matilda
Lion King
Aladdin
Chicago (because they love the movie music)

Open to any suggestions or opinions.

HamiltonNew Block of Tickets
 Jun 13 2016, 12:48:18 AM

I just absolutely cannot thank adagio enough!!  I have tried for almost two hours for the new block of tickets with absolutely zero luck. I came on here, hesitantly, to read about the good fortune others were having.  I'm the one hunting for my daughter's birthday gift and she really wanted fall and I had resigned myself to paying a huge price for one ticket.  But, thanks to your kindness and tip, I just scored three orchestra row P tickets in September for wh

Hamilton Box Seats
 Jun 8 2016, 12:16:57 AM

Mediamaven2 said: "miatamel said: "I have committed to giving my 15 year old a ticket for her birthday (and, based on the rising prices, every other gift giving occasion from now to evermore).  Every couple of days I look at prices, hoping for who knows what--perhaps a small miracle??, and they just keep rising and rising.  We will be traveling from MS and I can only afford ONE ticket so I'm trying to do the best again. 
Based on my cursory look this

Hamilton New Block of Tickets
 Jun 7 2016, 02:10:06 PM

So, let me ask based on the prices we saw for pre-sale this morning and the likely free-for-all that will be Sunday night....(and I am truly sorry for wearing y'all out like this, it is just so important to get this right as this will be a big trip for us)

If I wanted to go ahead and buy the tickets for fall at resale prices, should I go ahead and do that before Sunday night when they will likely jump?  Fall just works better for us, schedule wise, though I hate to think o

Jun 7 2016, 10:06:38 AM

What happened to regular priced tickets for this??
I might as well go ahead and pay scalpers for fall if Sunday's night sale will be like this for spring!
I'm a newbie and just doing this for my kid but why on earth are the prices like that, non scalped?

Jun 7 2016, 12:15:17 AM

I have an AmEx Platinum card...but it's an AmEx Platinum Skymiles Card.  Can it be any ole platinum card or is there a specific kind?
....before I try and get somebody on the phone for a code that they know nothing about...

Hamilton Box Seats
 Jun 3 2016, 04:36:36 PM

I have committed to giving my 15 year old a ticket for her birthday (and, based on the rising prices, every other gift giving occasion from now to evermore).  Every couple of days I look at prices, hoping for who knows what--perhaps a small miracle??, and they just keep rising and rising.  We will be traveling from MS and I can only afford ONE ticket so I'm trying to do the best again. 
Based on my cursory look this morning, my options for fall are:
Box G, H, F, E

Teen seeing Hamilton alone
 May 30 2016, 08:13:53 PM

Ah!  I never considered waiting until July.  I figured after the Tony's they were just going to go up, up and up again. I've seen $300+ increases in rear mezzanine seats just in the last week (I've been tracking and keeping a log, trying not to screw this up).  And I was GOING to go Stubhub because they were so much cheaper than TM...then read the story about the Shark Tank guy.  Sure wouldn't want that to happen.

I guess I wasn't worried so

May 30 2016, 01:14:02 PM

okay, so she goes it alone.  Any opinion on those seat choices?  If I get the very rear tickets I'll just send her not-as-enthusiastic sister with her to see it.  Just wonder if it's worth it for the non-enthusiastic or just splurge for the Box or O tickets instead for one.  

May 30 2016, 12:35:57 PM

The only thing my (now) 15 year old wanted for her birthday was to see Hamilton.  So, family pitched in yesterday and she got a "tentative" ticket to go in September, Oct. or early November.  I know prices are sky high so I'm only going to be able to afford ONE ticket.  We will be traveling from MS so of course I will be there when she goes in and there when she comes out.  I had hoped for a matinee for our comfort in waiting and her being alone, but the pric

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You