News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for peachesthecat

Member Name: peachesthecat
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?
 Jul 10 2016, 09:13:41 AM

Wow Cercle what a great story! Happy to see someone look out and enjoy a fantastic evening. :) What a memory!

I really don't understand the nay-sayers on every Hamilton thread, but what can ya do? Apparently it's not cool to sincerely like something a whole lot but it IS cool to mock those who do. *yawn*

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 Jul 1 2016, 08:12:41 AM

Kad said: "By all means, wait in line. I haven't attacked anyone for doing so. I don't get it, but whatever, people probably don't get why I've watched the same video of a cat dressed as a bee falling off a chair over and over again.

"

Why would anyone not understand that? I, for one, would love to see this video. I'll wait for approximately as long as I waited in the Hamilton cancellation line. MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END
 Jun 27 2016, 08:23:35 AM

WhizzerMarvin said: "I sympathize with the OP. Not so much that she didn't get any tickets, but that the producers/theater owners have allowed the line to continued being formed and managed in they way that they have. 

Obviously they knew the line had problems- otherwise they wouldn't have released a new, more thorough set of rules a few months ago. That's all well and good, but when you know you have a problem area you need to a) make sure the n

Hamilton Stage Door Broadway
 Jun 23 2016, 07:27:18 PM

pmsept said: "Has anyone stage door-ed lately on a Saturday matinee? Do the cast usually come out even if they have a night show? Also, around what time do they usually start to come out from the theater/how long is the wait usually? Thanks so much!

"

I was there on June 4. Ariana DeBose quickly signed a few autographs and that was it for the afternoon!

Another Richard Rogers Theatre / Hamilton seating question
 Jun 14 2016, 10:18:48 PM

barbraboy19902 said: "I'm so torn...I've heard row W is great, and that its just awful. I don't know what to do! 

"

I can't speak specifically about row W but I did have standing room tickets and they really were not awful- I don't think any ticket to Hamilton could be described as awful! If row W is partial view, you will likely miss most of the activity on the second level, but you will absolutely see the bulk of the sh

Jun 9 2016, 09:05:53 AM

MISH2 said: "mailhandler777 said: "I don't get why people are passing on $40 SRO tickets for another day in the line and paying full price. 

Can't say for sure, but I'm guessing after standing on line for up to 48 hours, they want to finally get to sit down and enjoy the show!

"

"

Standing room has a bad reputation for its partial view,

Jun 6 2016, 11:57:08 AM

lizzie222 said: "Been lurking here for the last 2 months, and have enjoyed reading all the tips and sharing the experiences of the people here! Hubby and I are planning to try for Sat shows this weekend, we will be joining the line on Friday evening sometime.  I know there's no way to predict how it will go down on Sat and if we'll get a shot or not, but my fingers are crossed!  It's our 25th anniversary trip to NYC, my first time, and I am very excited! &n

Jun 6 2016, 06:51:13 AM

alicity said: "Does the theater offer a coat check to check in backpacks (or a sleeping bag >_>? Or do people just bring it in with them?

"

We got in at like 1:57 and after we bought our tickets and walked into the theater, we walked straight past the bag check. Putting our bags there took about 15 seconds (so quick that we forgot to grab our tissues and had to run back at intermission in anticipation of act 2!). I think everyone in the theater knows you're in a rush at that point and is quick to help you out! 

Jun 5 2016, 08:39:54 PM

blaxx said: "
Yes, that is how it works! We got into the Saturday matinee and everyone in front of us turned down the matinee because the tickets were for the standing room. They all stayed and waited for the evening show. All of them had been there for at least the full day before AND overnight!

Does that mean SRO would have been available to someone who showed up last minute because they were declined by those waiting?  I want to make this work, but ev

Jun 5 2016, 07:51:49 PM

blaxx said: "I'm a bit confused about two show days. If I only want to do the line for Wednesday or Saturday evening, do I need to line up the day before, decline a matinee ticket if available and get 'bumped' into the evening?  How does this system work?

"

Yes, that is how it works! We got into the Saturday matinee and everyone in front of us turned down the matinee because the tickets were for the standing roo

Jun 5 2016, 07:47:46 PM

@adoxographer you are so sweet - I hope you and your friends get in! 

@nrubanobroadway - I wouldn't completely bank on there being a scalper selling tickets outside before the show. We didn't see any on Friday or before Saturday matinee, but we did see a few people with signs looking for tickets who were never approached by anyone (one woman had a sign that said "need 1 ticket- will pay $100!" which gave everyone a good laugh... by just before showtime she changed it to "will pay $200!" ) If you have time/energy to do the cancellation line, it is definitely worth it!

@secondstar32 It was so awesome that you guys got in- I can't believe everyone in front of us turned down standing room! (We were the couple you talked to at intermission) HOORAY FOR LINE NEIGHBORS! 

I'm curious about how Saturday night went- anyone on here get in? We were so tired and slept for like twelve hours. 

Jun 4 2016, 07:29:11 PM

Hello! Just joined after lurking on this thread for months. My boyfriend and I just got back from 27 hours in the cancellation and we made it into today's matinee! (I will spare you the excessive exclamation points that I am currently feeling... here's a few: !!!!!!!!)

I could go on forever about the actual show but you all already know (and if you don't know, now you know)

The cancellation line for today was LONG. Like, significantly longer than any other line

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You