News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Funhouse2

Member Name: Funhouse2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Schele Williams-directed AIDA Revival - News & Discussion Thread
 Apr 24 2023, 02:56:34 PM

The Schele Williams-directed, reworked production of Aida has now opened in the Netherlands

First reviews seem to be generally positive, with reviewers praising the reworked book, updated characterisations, choreography, and especially Gaia Aikman's portrayal of Aida. Some reviews do point out that the sets are pretty minimal (though effective), and I've seen some criticisms of the new opening scenes and  opening numbers.

Schele Williams-directed THE WIZ Broadway revival 2024?
 Oct 5 2022, 03:15:59 PM

ACL2006 said: "Schele WIlliams is supposed to do the AIDA revival next year(first in Germany, then US Tour, then Broadway). I wonder what will actually happen first."

Aida isn't going to Germany anymore, it's opening in the Netherlands next spring instead. 

BAM Next Wave Festival
 Jun 23 2022, 01:21:21 PM

In true Van Hove fashion, A Little Life features video projection on both sides of the stage. The video footage is projected on walls that are perpendicular to the audience. Based on where the partial seats are I assume you'll only be able to see one of of those video projection walls from those seats.

The
 Jun 20 2022, 05:49:05 PM

Rebecca is also coming back to Vienna in the fall. The revival cast will include Willemijn Verkaik as Mrs. Danvers.

BAM Next Wave Festival
 Jun 7 2022, 10:42:06 PM

n2nbaby said: "Funhouse2 said: "TaffyDavenport said: "According to the Edinburgh International Festival, where it will run in August, it's 4 hours 10 minutes, including intermission."

When I saw A Little Life in Amsterdam the show had to be stopped twice because people in the audience got physically ill. I don't know if this is a common occurrence with this show, but definitely be prepared for it to be even longer than the advertised 4 h

BAM Next Wave Festival
 Jun 7 2022, 09:01:54 PM

TaffyDavenport said: "According to the Edinburgh International Festival, where it will run in August, it's 4 hours 10 minutes, including intermission."

When I saw A Little Life in Amsterdam the show had to be stopped twice because people in the audience got physically ill. I don't know if this is a common occurrence with this show, but definitely be prepared for it to be even longer than the advertised 4 hours and 10 minutes.

Willemijn Verkaik Sings Frozen 2
 May 6 2022, 08:37:49 AM

For those who might care, Willemijn won the Dutch equivalent of a Tony Award for her performance in Come From Away last week.

I hope come from away on Broadway sees this and tries to bring her over for their own production.
"

The show also released a video of Willemijn singing Me and The Sky/Mijn Vlucht Door De lucht 

And Willemijn and some company members performed Somewhere in the Middle of Nowhere/Ver Weg on a Dutch talkshow

Nov 16 2021, 09:05:31 AM

They just released a trailer for the Dutch non-replica production of Come From Away with Willemijn as Beverly Bass:

Wicked Elphaba
 Oct 13 2021, 08:40:50 AM

She did mention her leg giving out as the reason why left mid-show a few weeks ago, but I don't know if that's the reason why she hasn't been on since 

Wicked Movie Seeks New Director
 Sep 4 2021, 10:31:38 PM

Plannietink08 said: "It’s interesting hearing her strip the song right back so it’s purely her vocals instead of the vocal gymnastics she does on every song.

I wouldn’t be mad if Jessie J won the part.
"

Jessie has been dealing with some vocal issues (which she has been openly talking about on social media) so that might explain the lack of her signature vocal gymnastics. She sounded quite good singing Defying Gravity but I wonder if those vocal issues would get in the way of her being cast.

Wicked Movie Seeks New Director
 Oct 21 2020, 07:38:22 PM

Olivia Wilde will probably be busy with her Spider-Woman project for the foreseeable future, but I wonder if she'd be a good choice for this. She'd certainly be able to bring out the female friendship aspect of the show based on what she did with Booksmart, and she'll have a big budget blockbuster under her belt if Spider-Woman turns out to be a success.

Feb 9 2020, 10:42:02 AM

Willemijn will be joining Idina at the Oscars tonight!

Desi Oakley steps into London’s Waitress!
 Jan 22 2020, 11:19:48 AM

orph3us said: "VotePeron said: "I am having an absolute ball following this adventure on social media. How cool that someone as lovely as Desi is experiencing this once in a lifetime event and sharing it? Idk why I find it so thrilling and special but I just think it’s so cool. Maybe a casting director or two will see her and it lead to more UK work? "

Agree 100%. I turned my Instagram notifications on for her, something I've never done before

Dec 27 2019, 09:46:42 AM

Just wanted to mention that the role of Iduna is voiced by Willemijn's Elphaba alternate in both languages! Sabrina Weckerlin was the original alternate in the Stuttgart production and later replaced Willemijn in the Oberhausen production of Wicked, and Renée van Wegberg was the Elphaba alternate for the entire run of the Dutch production.

Willemijn singing Show Yourself with Sabrina Weckerlin

Willemijn singing Show Yourself with Renée van Wegberg

Casting without ethnic profiling
 Jun 11 2016, 07:14:31 AM

I'm pretty sure this is about the upcoming Dutch revival which is currently being cast and I honestly find this very hard to believe. I know the child labour laws in The Netherlands are pretty strict but the first Dutch production successfully ran for 2 and a half years back in 2004 and I don't see why casting people of colour should be a problem now when it wasn't back then. The current production of The Bodyguard in Utrecht has also managed to get by without casting wh

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You