News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for laurabenantilover

Member Name: laurabenantilover
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Belty Tenor Solos
 Jun 27 2018, 01:21:34 AM

Hi all, my high school's cabaret sign-ups just went up and I'm trying to think of show-stopping tenor solos to do. It shouldn't be suuuuper well known but it doesn't need to be like extremely obscure (though it's okay if it is). For reference. last year I sang "King Of The World" from Songs For A New World and it got rave reviews. Any ideas? Thanks!

Reflecting on Alex Newell not getting the Tony nom
 May 6 2018, 10:13:47 PM

So one thing has kept me thinking for a little bit... is it possible that the Tony voters were reluctant to give Newell the nod because of his gender fluidity? I know that lots of people consider the nominations to be fair and that Newell should not have gotten the nom, but in a category as secular as "best featured actor" is it possible they were trying to avoid controversy?

Sara Bareilles and Josh Groban to host the Tonys
 Apr 29 2018, 02:28:04 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHJ30YzKTuE

Sara Bareilles and Josh Groban to host the Tonys
 Apr 29 2018, 02:25:39 PM

Just posted on youtube. Hooray!

Recommend a play to read
 Apr 28 2018, 10:14:25 PM

Circle Mirror Transformation

First time for
 Apr 28 2018, 10:11:38 PM

Okay so I went into Carousel completely blind, knowing absolutely nothing about it (I purely came because of a friend recommendation and because Lindsay Mendez). Keep in mind I saw it in previews.

What I loved: JOSHUA HENRY. YES YES YES YES YES. I really do think that (after seeing all of the musicals this year) he deserves the Tony. He delivered an incredible performance. I also think that Lindsay Mendez was fantastic, and is very deserving of at least a featured actress nom. All of h

Post Your Final 2018 Tony Nomination Predictions!
 Apr 28 2018, 10:02:22 PM

JudyDenmark said: "laurabenantilover said: "One other thing... why is nobody considering Tamyra Gray? Is she ineligable? Personally I saw her performance as better than Salonga, Miller, Weed, and Rockwell"

She’s ineligible because she didn’t originate the role - that was Merle Dandridge in December when it opened. That said, I thought Dandridge was phenomenal, and I would absolutely not argue with her name showing up! It’s such a cool i

Post Your Final 2018 Tony Nomination Predictions!
 Apr 28 2018, 09:53:26 PM

Here's my thoughts on the musicals (can't really comment on the plays but have seen all of the musicals)

Best Musical:

THE BANDS VISIT

Spongebob

Mean Girls

Frozen

Best Revival:

ONCE ON THIS ISLAND

My Fair Lady

Carousel

Leading Actor:

JOSHUA HENRY, ETHAN SLATER (for me it's really in between these two... will be close)

Tony Shalhoub

Harry Hadden-Paton

Come From Away rush
 Aug 10 2017, 07:37:01 PM

I'm rush Saturday (8/12) for the matinee... if all goes well I should be in line by 7:10. Do you think that's early enough for rush/SRO? Thanks!

Sardie's Portraits
 Jun 3 2017, 11:01:22 AM

Is it just me or is it (though they do have great performances) annoying to see people making their Broadway debuts get portraits before some seasoned Broadway veterans? 

Sardie's Portraits
 Jun 3 2017, 11:01:21 AM

Is it just me or is it (though they do have great performances) annoying to see people making their Broadway debuts get portraits before some seasoned Broadway veterans? 

Sardie's Portraits
 Jun 3 2017, 11:01:17 AM

Sardie's Portraits
 Jun 3 2017, 11:01:20 AM

Sardie's Portraits
 Jun 3 2017, 11:01:15 AM

Sardie's Portraits
 Jun 3 2017, 11:01:15 AM

Sardie's Portraits
 Jun 3 2017, 11:01:13 AM

2017 Tony Party Food
 May 23 2017, 06:43:02 PM

Dear Evan Ham Sandwich

Seven degrees of layer dip

The little foxes in a blanket (or groundhog in a blanket)

Cake from away

The great comac and cheese

Ameleave me alone well I eat these wings

Holiday innternational cuisine

Brendan Urie
 Apr 13 2017, 07:16:22 PM

I'm going with a friend to Kinky Boots who loves Brendan Urie, yet the only time we have in common is a Sunday matinee. We would go two days after he opened. What are the chances of him being there? Also how do you think the stagedoor will be?

School Cabaret Song??
 Aug 2 2016, 07:06:03 PM

Hello everyone,

My school does a cabaret every year. I am trying to pick a good song to pick. Here are some of my choices. All of these fit my vocal range and I can sing well.

- Live In Living Color

- We Beseech Thee

- Try Me

- I Can Do That

- Somethings Coming

Based off of these what songs do you think would be good?

Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?
 Jul 17 2016, 11:35:20 PM

If anyone was wondering, you can't do it now, but I just got fan mail back from Laura Benanti which I sent about a month ago. If you think she forgot your letter, don't give up hope!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You