News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for davet7462

Member Name: davet7462
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SHUFFLE ALONG Sets Sudden Broadway Closing After Audra McDonald Departs
 Jun 24 2016, 12:43:09 PM

Robert16 said: "Honestly, is it so shocking and tragic? Besides the dance numbers the show was a bore. Audra sang the only two songs anyone was familiar with and Act 2 was a snooze. Too many talented people involved for the end product delivered - and that title - come on already!

Couldn't disagree more.  I thought Billy Porter had a great show-stopping song and for me - seeing what happened after the show closed to the characters involved was enlightening.  

Jun 24 2016, 05:20:17 AM

Robbie2 said: "Nobody was expecting SA to close so suddenly but Rhiannon Giddens & Savion Glover were not selling tickets...but what happened to the advertising campaign marketing them as the "new" stars starting July 24?

Nada! Nobody knew?

Perplexing, they never gave it a chance but maybe Rhiannon was not impressing them during rehearsals and obviously not gonna be a big enough draw with Savion. Audra is the star featured-

Jun 23 2016, 10:14:17 PM

Yeah - this isn't cool.  Great show - my wife and I loved it.  And Rhiannon Giddens is an incredibly talented person.  And its not like this show revolves around Audra's character, either.  You'd think a show so ravely reviewed and nominated could survive for awhile with people like Billy and Brian, et al.  Just a damned shame.

Will any of the original Principals be in Hamilton after July 9th?
 Jun 17 2016, 04:40:08 PM

Liza's Headband said: "How can someone answer your question unless they are a.) privy to contract negotiations and/or b.) able to get inside the mind of the actor??? I swear, the threads on this message board sometimes.... 

Maybe some people don't live in NY and aren't locally privy to as much news.  Not sure why there had to be attitude given for a reasonable question.

"

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You