News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ontoitnow

Member Name: Ontoitnow
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is it common to replace entire cast with no notice?
 Jun 18 2016, 10:07:29 PM

Thank you. I have learned a great deal tonight about Broadway and its denizens.

Jun 18 2016, 09:56:42 PM

And if, by "loser", you mean someone who is dumb enough to pay $157 for a ticket to a play that is built around specific lead players and then expect those lead players to actually present themselves for the performance, yes, I am that loser. I promise you, it will not happen again. 

Jun 18 2016, 09:48:27 PM

I believe I made it very clear upthread that I left the theatre after being shooed away by the ticket taker. 

Jun 18 2016, 09:46:35 PM

Left the theatre hugely disappointed. Focused plans for the entire weekend around seeing this play. Then started Googling to try and find out if this a) had been shared in advance and I should have somehow known. (It seemed a bit suspicious to me that it was happening right after Tony's and right after the plan to live stream had been made public.) 

That is how I found this board - during my search to try to understand what had happened and whether it is something I

Jun 18 2016, 09:18:10 PM

It sounds like you are someone who is closely tied to the Broadway ethos. For those of us exponentially removed from that, it is a much bigger deal for us to plan three months ahead for an evening in the city to see Jane Krakowski. If it had JUST been her who was out tonight, we probably would have been disappointed but still attended. Seeing both her name and Laura's as not present indicated a major change. I did not have time to take in both the boards because the ticket taker told

Jun 18 2016, 08:50:04 PM

No. I think there is a special place in hell for people who use their cell phones in theaters. I left without going inside the theatre.  The obvious bait and switch was so disgusting that I didn't want to see the play at all and, at least for this moment in time, am doubtful about purchasing tickets for future plays. Very bad feeling as a result of this. For those of us who are not "insiders" it is very expensive to see Broadway plays and I am not going to subject

Jun 18 2016, 08:45:57 PM

I assume you are joking, but no, it was not just Laura and Jane. It took two boards to list all the cast replacements for the evening.  $157 per ticket. Maybe you can waste that kind of money but I can't.

Jun 18 2016, 08:36:28 PM

paid full price for tickets to She Loves Me for this evening, Saturday, June 18. Upon arrival, there were two boards set up in the lobby indicating that pretty much the entire cast was replaced for this evening's performance. I cannot find any prior notice about this.

i understand that things can happen and a lead may have to miss a performance, but both Laura Benanti and Jane Krakowski were being replaced and it appeared many others as well for this performance. I have never had a

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You