News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sgreen3

sgreen3 Profile Photo
Member Name: sgreen3
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

To Kill a Mockingbird Rush  Dec 15 2018, 03:24:25 PM

Apologies as this is not rush-related but I didn't see a seating thread for this show and given the prior discussion here, figured this might be a good place for this question.

I have Left Mezz, K17 for a show in early January. Based on what I can see from pictures on A View From My Seat, the upper part of the stage is obstructed by the balcony overhang from that far back in the mezzanine. Is there an upper level of the set / will I be missing anything? It doesn't look like

Dear Evan Hansen Fan Day  Nov 17 2017, 10:54:20 AM

TheGirlsNY said: "Does anyone know if they've notified winners yet? A few friends also entered and none of us have heard a thing."

Many winners have been notified (I got an email on 11/6) and the original communication on the lottery website (which appears to be taken down now?) said that notifications would take place between the 6th and 17th. So if you don't hear by today, that's it. I am not sure if they would send "sorry, you didn't win&

Evan Hansen Free Fan Performance  Nov 14 2017, 11:06:32 AM

I emailed the Social Toaster 'help' email address a few days ago --- I also submitted the form right away and then heard nothing after that. I asked if I would receive any follow-up or confirmation of my confirmation.

This was the response I got:

"We aren't sending out form confirmation emails, so as long as you filled out the form you're all set! We'll be sending out additional information regarding the performance once we get closer to the show.

Time and the Conways Stage Door  Nov 10 2017, 09:31:05 AM

I went on Thursday 10/19 and a bunch of us stood around for maybe 20 minutes before we were told that everyone had left / no one was coming out. 

Porter, Sands returning to KINKY BOOTS  Aug 2 2017, 04:44:00 PM

Just a heads up -- Theatermania and BroadwayBox both have an active discount code through 10/1 if you want to catch the first week of these performances. I haven't seen the show yet and was pretty much waiting on a cast-based reason to go (I'd heard this rumor a few months ago), and this was it. Going the 28th and very excited!

Broadwayforbrokepeople.com  Aug 2 2017, 04:39:11 PM

Just adding my thanks, Yero. Your site is great and I've recommended it to tons of friends and coworkers. Thank you for keeping us all informed!

Euan Morton to play King George in HAMILTON on Broadway  Jul 13 2017, 10:02:27 AM

openstage2 said: "Who seems likely to play the role in the 12 shows between Kings departing and arriving?"

I would guess it would be one of the swings who normally goes on for the role if needed. I know from social media that Andrew Chappelle and Thayne Jasperson have both done it, and I think I saw Neil Haskell in the costume once as well but that may have been a rehearsal.

A Doll's House Stage Door  Jul 10 2017, 03:29:59 PM

the.hard.part said: "This past Saturday evening all 4 came outo within 30 minutes. They all signed and took photos if asked. There was maybe 20 people waiting so a great experience overall."

This was my experience last Wednesday evening as well, though I don't recall how many of us were there waiting. But agree --- fantastic experience, very low-key. Wish all stage doors could be like this :)

Avoid Balcony for Hello Dolly  Jul 10 2017, 03:28:10 PM

When I went to the Shubert for Matilda I was in the side balcony and other than the pole semi-obstructing, I found it fine. But I went for Hello Dolly last weekend (on the TodayTix $39 no-fees deal) and this time was in the center balcony --- and the seats were way higher off the floor than I have ever experienced anywhere. I am only 5'2", but my feet did not come close to touching the ground. Has anyone else had this experience? Is it possible it was just that one random row? (I can

A Doll's House Part 2 Rush  Jul 7 2017, 09:52:12 PM

MusicalFan1030 said: "Thanks, everyone! I am a huge fan of Laurie Metcalf. I am planning on going this upcoming Wednesday, July 12th. Does Laurie always do both performances on Wednesdays? "

I went this Wednesday (7/5) to the evening show and she was in. Given that she's leaving the show in a couple of weeks, I would doubt that she has any scheduled absences. I haven't heard anything either way though.

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018  Jul 7 2017, 05:19:04 PM

I haven't been following this thread too closely, but I know Laura Benanti's name has come up for this... and now her role on Supergirl has been recast: http://tvline.com/2017/07/07/supergirl-spoilers-erica-durance-season-3-recast-laura-benanti/

Quote from the show's EP:

“Unfortunately Laura, who Greg [Berlanti] and I have worked with for years going back to Eli Stone, was unable to continue in the role due to work commitments in [New York].”

Make of that what you will.

Easy rush or lotto right now  Jun 6 2017, 12:36:44 PM

Echoing the Six Degrees of Separation rush suggestion --- I was able to get a rush ticket last Friday around 5:45pm.

Six Degrees of Separation Rush  Jun 3 2017, 08:23:26 PM

Just to give a recent experience for anyone who might be interested --- I rushed last night (Friday 6/2). Got to the box office around 5:45pm and was able to get a seat in the last row of the center orchestra.

Falsettos Broadway Revival Will Be Screened in New York Ahead of Tony Awards  Jun 2 2017, 01:28:51 PM

JudyDenmark said: "A private screening...sigh. I got all excited from the title. Will have to wait for fall on PBS, I guess."

SAME! Haha. "Fall" cannot come soon enough...

Who Have You Gotten Stuff Back From?  May 30 2017, 09:00:59 PM
I've seen posts in this thread indicating that Dear Evan Hansen is asking for donations even if you send to an individual cast member. Does anyone know if this is the case if you're including the item to be signed as well, or only if you're requesting, for example, a Playbill signed by Ben that you aren't providing? I'm hoping to send LOB cards to Ben, Rachel and Pasek+Paul. Thanks!
FOR SALE: War Paint - 1 ticket Wed 5/31, 8pm - $49 (Show Score)  May 29 2017, 10:02:50 AM

Bump. Let me know if you're interested!

DELETED  May 26 2017, 01:34:03 PM

5/30, 4:15pm. Ticket no longer available.

I purchased 2 tickets for the ShowScore member night meet-up on Wednesday 5/31 (evening show, 8pm) but my friend cannot come with me so I have 1 extra available. Just asking what I paid --- $49, including the fee. Paypal or Venmo only please.

I will email ShowScore to transfer the ticket to your name so you can pick it up directly from them outside the theater (beginning 30 min before the show). Per ShowScore, the seats

BEN PLATT Profiled in the NY Times  May 10 2017, 03:33:18 PM

I've also found him much more open during live (non-print) interviews. I'm not sure if the video is still out there but he was on Seth Meyers' show a few months back and was very charming and yes, zany. I also attended the talk with him and Michael Greif at the 92 St Y recently and felt the same.

SO Merch  May 10 2017, 03:12:33 PM

Are you in NYC or close? Sometimes I've seen show merch (magnets come to mind but other stuff as well) in the two Theatre Circle stores --- one on 44th St near 8th Ave and the other in Shubert Alley. I would imagine they would keep stuff out for sale even after a show closed though I can't be 100% positive.

It's not really merch, but the Playbill online store does have the Opening Night PB: https://www.playbillstore.com/significant-other-the-broadway-play-limited-edition-official-opening-night-playbill.aspx

Help me pick shows!  Apr 26 2017, 05:15:28 PM

Come From Away for sure. For the other slot, I liked Bandstand, Indecent and The Little Foxes recently. It depends on what type of show you're looking for.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You