News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Lina Lamont

Member Name: Lina Lamont
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 Nov 27 2023, 05:24:15 AM

PipingHotPiccolo said: "Lindsay remains out, and during the BCEFA speech, when Groff tried to hand Jamila the little notecard so she could continue the shpiel (before Radcliffe took over the entire proceeding like a total master auctioneer), she said "Oh, no need, I'm off book" ie shes been doing this pretty regularly by this point. Hope Mendez is OK."

The night I saw it, Mendez said the same thing.  So while the sentiment may be true, it&rsq

INTO THE WOODS Reviews
 Oct 27 2022, 06:07:04 AM

ken8631 said: "Emmeline Carter said: "https://twitter.com/StephanieJBlock/status/1568254251960520704?t=3CjgP-MadtuMM_yZ_cYqKw&s=19"

Will Sebastion be there until Jan 8 as well?
"

Sebastian’s final show was this past Sunday.  Brian D’Arcy James has returned as the Baker for a presumably open run to the end.

SING STREET begins previews tonight in Boston
 Sep 11 2022, 08:10:59 PM

I had a chance to see this over the weekend and found the show very charming.  The first time “Up” was featured was an electric moment- you could feel the audience’s enjoyment, and I saw quite a few people bobbing their heads and feet along to the beat.  The costumes- Raphina’s in particular- were excellent, and the 80s soundtrack playing before the show was the perfect way to start the theater experience.

I enjoyed the show overall but agree it ha

Broadway Discounts
 Aug 20 2022, 07:19:51 PM

Does anyone have something for The Kite Runner that would work in October?

A BEAUTIFUL NOISE: Boston tryout
 Jul 23 2022, 10:57:53 AM

The program lists the songs in alphabetical order.  Many of these are short snippets rather than whole songs (with intermission, the whole show was about 2:10):

“A Beautiful Noise”

“America”

”Brooklyn Roads”

“Brother Love’s Traveling Salvation Show”

”Cherry, Cherry”

“Cracklin’ Rosie”

“Crunchy Granola Suite”

Jul 16 2022, 09:32:51 AM

I was in the mezzanine Sunday night- Opening Night-  and I’d say it was 80% filled.  Mine were lottery tickets, and I suspect quite a few around me were as well.  The balcony looked mighty unsold- can’t speak to the orchestra.

I agree with most of what’s been said upthread.  The songs are fun enough and the “target audience” was loving it.  The two women in front of me were dancing, swaying, and seeking high fives from anyone aroun

Jul 7 2022, 11:23:10 AM

Does anyone know of any discount codes for this (while it's still in Boston, not for the NY transfer)?  I'm aware of the lottery already.

1776 Broadway revival cast for 2021
 Jul 3 2022, 02:24:35 PM

I saw this last week and came into the show blind- besides “Sit Down, John,” I’d never heard the score nor did I know anything about the show, so I have nothing to compare it to.  I found it enjoyable, but not thrilling.  As others have said, “Molasses and Rum” was undoubtedly the highlight- it was both visually stunning and the place where the cast’s diversity allowed them to add layers that undoubtedly could not have been present in an all-white

HADESTOWN Previews
 Mar 30 2019, 10:18:56 PM
I bought my tickets for a June matinee the day before previews started. The seats next to mine are already $10 more expensive per seat than they were when I bought them. If you’re on the fence, I would grab seats before the reviews come out and it spikes again!
Tix going on sale tomorrow?
 Jun 11 2017, 06:18:24 PM

I just received an email (5:42 PM) that a new block of DEH tickets opened up.  The email says "limited availability September to December 2017," with Wednesday and Sunday performances having the most availability this fall.  "Availability across all price points starting in January 2018."

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
 Dec 3 2016, 03:38:57 PM

I'm not sure there is a way to link to a Snapchat, but if you don't follow Oak (sn OakSmash) you might want to check out his latest.  If I were a betting woman, I'd say Jasmine Cephas-Jones will be making a quiet exit from the show tonight or tomorrow.

Last I Heard...
 Nov 21 2016, 07:32:42 AM

To confirm what Jordan said a few messages ago, there was a small protest outside of the Richard Rodgers after the show last night. Before the show there was just a single man standing across the street with a "Boo the Cast" sign. There were a lot of news crews around interviewing people about whether they had considered giving up their tickets in light of the recent events.

After the show, about 8 people stood on the sidewalk directly outside with American flags, Trump signs, and

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
 Jul 13 2016, 01:01:13 PM

Not at all- in fact, I would have been very surprised if she was staying with the show for more than 3 to 6 months.  I know there's a lot of activity today because of the suddenness of the news about Daveed's departure.  I didn't mean to add to any fear mongering- just figured that was the correct thread to include the information in.  

Jul 13 2016, 12:41:29 PM

There are limited details here, but The Hollywood Reporter just released this news about Renee.  She plans to leave in the fall (though the specific date is not provided).

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/renee-elise-goldsberry-exit-hamilton-910560?utm_source=twitter

Jul 9 2016, 11:13:12 AM

Carleigh mentioned on the Hamilton snapchat that today is Nick's (Nic?) last show as well.  I looked through the cast and crew info on the website, but I'm not sure who she's referring to.  Anyone know?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You