News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for nellyxoxo1

Member Name: nellyxoxo1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END  Jun 26 2016, 07:15:27 PM

morosco said: "Suddenly I feel incredibly blessed that my life is so swamped that I'd never be able to spare 96 hours waiting and hoping for a ticket to a show.

"Yup, i work six days a week and my one week off, I decide to do this. I would rather have been swamped for the next 6 months until my next vacation too.

MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END  Jun 26 2016, 07:13:42 PM

HogansHero said: "@nelly "i'm not imagining that when a line manager from the theater" 

Let's stop right there. There is no such job description in a theatre. You are, as I suggested, imagining that there is. From the management's perspective, the "rule" is as Anakela stated. Beyond that, this is not much different than when people stand in a line thinking it is for ticket pickup only to discover it is for ticketholders (or v/v) because that's what the person in front of them said. 

No one has a problem wrapping their head around your frustration; the issue is the amplitude of your reaction. Next time maybe a little more 

and a little less 

might be good.

@Anakela, there were "outrages" expressed here because people insisted they were entitled, for one reason or another, to be in line. One particularly memorable one was from someone who approached from the east side and insisted that the Public was discriminating against east siders because they only recognized a line on the west side. 

"You keep saying were entitled but I think at this point you are just plain refusing to understand because you are so caught up in wanting to be right. If being entitled means that I wanted the ticket i rightfully waited for for days following the rules set forth by the theater then bingo, you're right. You weren't there so I don't know why you are trying so hard to deny what it was that happened when I who was there am literally telling. So i will tell you again, THE THEATER WAS USING THE LIST. THEY THEMSELVES CALLED OUT NAMES FROM THE LIST. THEY WORKED WITH THE LIST FOR 4 DAYS SO THAT THEY COULD NARROW DOWN WHO IT WAS THAT WENT INTO THE LINE OF 20. THE THEATER TOLD US WHEN TO LEAVE. THE THEATER TOLD US WHEN TO COME BACK. Can you read now thats it's in bold? Are you able to understand fully what happened in regards to the theater and the list now that it's bolded for you? 

The ticket lines and are all separate from the cancelation lines to help aid the traffic of people trying to get into the theater so I really don't know where you keep finding there experiences that remind you of such and such when they've made absolutely no sense the last 3 times you've said "This reminds me of.."

My reaction is completely justified as it was the theater who told us to come back at 5:30. Again; THE THEATER WAS THE ONE WHO TOLD US TO COME BACK AT 5:30 TO LINE UP AGAIN.

Might be good for you to stop trying to be right when it comes to this because again, you weren't there and at this point you're just flat out refusing to listen to me when I've told you time and time again THAT THE THEATER WAS USING THE LIST. THE THEATER WAS USING THE LIST SINCE I GOT THERE. 

You're telling me to stop whining when all i did was tell everyone what happened so that future people going into the cancellation line can know what to expect. The only one "imagining" here is you because you are clearly imaging that I have not told you countless times already THAT THE THEATER WAS USING THE LIST.

MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END  Jun 26 2016, 06:48:39 PM

schubox said: "nellyxoxo1 said: "casedilla2 said: "Yes, the problem is I think a lot of people in this thread think that they were keeping a list in order to be able to leave the line whenever they pleased. In reality, this list came into place because the theater requires that everyone leave the area completely for several hours during the show. So, they followed this rule, and then from my understanding, the theater then gave away their spots to people who di

MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END  Jun 26 2016, 06:34:16 PM

casedilla2 said: "Yes, the problem is I think a lot of people in this thread think that they were keeping a list in order to be able to leave the line whenever they pleased. In reality, this list came into place because the theater requires that everyone leave the area completely for several hours during the show. So, they followed this rule, and then from my understanding, the theater then gave away their spots to people who did not follow the time and formed a line in front of

MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END  Jun 26 2016, 06:32:22 PM

scrapedknees said: "Sorry if this was mentioned before but you waited on line for 96 hours for tickets to a show that people are buying a over 6 months in advance to see, AFTER the leads leaving is announced and passed up tickets that were offered because the cast wasn't who you wanted to see and are now mad you got screwed over? i get being disappointed but picking and choosing your actual show with the cast you want to see and expecting fairness is kind of impossible. 

MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END  Jun 26 2016, 05:53:26 PM

Auggie27 said: "Hogan's clearly set-forth rules should be read by anyone and everyone who has ever approached a theater with expectations (and moral indignation) about management's responsibility to consumers. 

The bigger issue here is one that must come from old(er) fartville.  Maturation -- character growth -- happens when we learn the limitations of our entitlement.  Isn't HAMILTON the perfect vehicle for said growth in 201

MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END  Jun 26 2016, 05:50:20 PM

rodrigo_ca said: "nellyxoxo1 said: "not looking for people to agree with me. just venting out frustration. I posted it on here and tumblr because this is where i learned about the cancellation line in the first place and wanted people to know what to expect going in from now on!"

Didn't said you were, dear. But casedilla2 did.

"sorry, first day using this. I'm still working out the

MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END  Jun 26 2016, 05:45:59 PM

HogansHero said: "@nelly "It's just frustrating that the theater has been working with the cancellation line"

That's where you are wrong. You are just imagining that. The only thing "the theater" has done is tell you where you can't stand. 

This also reminds me of the CPW overnight line outrages that were catalogued here back when there was a reason to stay in a line overnight to get your freebies.

P.S. Has an

MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END  Jun 26 2016, 05:39:47 PM

rodrigo_ca said: "casedilla2 said: "poor unfortunate soul..."

But she did open a public thread on a public forum allowing us to say whatever we like as long as we don't break the law or the rules of this forum. She can tell her story on the mirror if she want every listener to agree with her.

"not looking for people to agree with me. just venting out frustration. I posted it on here and tumblr because this is where i le

MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END  Jun 26 2016, 05:38:10 PM

Sunshine31 said: "This is madness. At this rate, RRT may get rid of the cancellation line. 

Even Lin himself said it's getting "a little crazy" outside the RRT. 

"not trying to make myself or others look like an angel or anything but we that were in line did follow the rules set up by the theater. Lin himself even came out and wished us all good luck on Thursday. The stage door however is crazy.

MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END  Jun 26 2016, 05:32:01 PM

jdra said: "It is hard for me to believe that the box office did what they did because of Jeremy's complaint.Who the heck is he? I think they have been getting complaints about the line from various people for a while.

"maybe. but the guy we talked to did mention they received a complain from someone in line yesterday and he was the only one who complained. maybe it had been building up over time and Jeremy was the last straw.

MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END  Jun 26 2016, 05:30:30 PM

rodrigo_ca said: "nellyxoxo1 said: "Well, i can't spend thousands of dollars cause i don't have thousands of dollars to spend on a ticket and like i said, I really wanted to see Lin, Phillipa and Leslie so i read about this cancellation line and thought why not? I was already invested after the first 3 days. Why would i go home when i was so close and already invested a long time into it? Would you just abandon something you've become emotionally invested in when

MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END  Jun 26 2016, 05:24:56 PM

casedilla2 said: "I don't really get why all of you are attacking the OP like this. Do y'all have nothing better to do than yell at someone online for waiting in a line for several days to see a show? No one is forcing you to do the same and no one is asking your opinion on whether it's reasonable or not. People value time vs. money differently, and we're all at different points in our lives, and I don't understand how someone waiting in a line affects you so much

MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END  Jun 26 2016, 05:22:03 PM

donethatalready said: "AnnieBlack said: "Nelly, I think Jeremy is the Burr to your Hamilton! Get working on that musical! 

"

Even though everything was running fine

Jeremy insisted to cut the line

Why did he think he could be that slick?

Man, that guy is a dick!

"LMFAO STOP THAT'S GREAT HAHA!

MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END  Jun 26 2016, 05:20:15 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "AnnieBlack said: "Nelly, I think Jeremy is the Burr to your Hamilton! Get working on that musical! "

She hasn't seen the show, so she won't get that reference. 

"I've listened to the soundtrack but yup, just keep bringing that up. Hope it makes you feel loads better

MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END  Jun 26 2016, 05:19:08 PM

HogansHero said: "to attempt to bring some closure to this (good luck with that, right?), let's summarize:

1. There are no rules.

2. As with every other show in the world:

a. There is no guarantee there will be cancellations. There is also no guarantee they will be distributed to any line, on any basis. If a VIP calls the press agent at 4PM, those tickets will magically become house seats. 

b. There is n

MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END  Jun 26 2016, 05:10:10 PM

rodrigo_ca said: "nellyxoxo1 said: ""I do consider my life important. And sleeping on the street could have been a lot worse considering where we were. I don't know why people think it's so wrong for things to be popular. That's a good thing considering the people who came together to make this worked hard! I never expected to be sleeping out there for four days but what can i say. It was definitely an experience and i made so many friends. It's nic

MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END  Jun 26 2016, 04:56:30 PM

laugard said: ""no it was him, the theater guy we talked to confirmed that they go an email from a man trying to join the cancellation line on friday. he was the only one who tried to.

So how does that make it all his fault? Even if he was a jerk, he complained via email, which he's allowed to do. The theater could have ignored him or dealt with him separately, or any of a number of ways. The point is they chose to respond in a way you didn't ag

MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END  Jun 26 2016, 04:51:35 PM

AnnieBlack said: "Nelly, I think Jeremy is the Burr to your Hamilton! Get working on that musical! 

"LMFAO. But i love Burr haha!

MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END  Jun 26 2016, 04:51:01 PM

rodrigo_ca said: "That's your fault, you know?

Not only yours, but yours and everyone who thinks Hamilton - or any other show, celebrity, star, game, etc - is so important that it deserves 4 days of your life.

If you and everyone else just agreed that nothing is worth sleeping FOUR DAYS in the middle of the bloody street, there wouldn't be a line. People would just show up at a certain time and see if there were tickets or not. Nobody would be frustrated

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You