News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Robbyne

Member Name: Robbyne
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Rush/Standing Room for the final Color Purple performance
 Jan 8 2017, 10:33:41 AM

ACL2006 said: "Curious how long the line is. Any indication they'll open the box office early considering how cold it is? Are they offering SRO?

"

It's very long. Don't think they'll open early. Not sure about SRO. The box office said definitely rush, but they were not sure about SRO when I stopped in the other day.

Jan 8 2017, 02:27:30 AM

Just putting this out there since several people have shown interest in rushing. I am in the rush line for the final show. If I get in (God willing), and there is someone interested in being my plus one, message me and make an offer. 

The Color Purple Rush
 Jan 7 2017, 10:09:38 PM

Anyone rush today?

Color Purple Final Show Ticket Info per Box Office
 Jan 6 2017, 07:15:13 PM

Hi all, I know several of us were wondering what the policies in place would be for the final show. I JUST left the box office at the Jacobs. As of now, the show is sold out. Rush according to the lady will definitely be available for Sunday (obviously no idea how many), she said she does not know if SRO tickets will be offered or not. But that there could be some. Hope this helps!

Jan 6 2017, 02:39:56 PM

Alexander Lamar said: "Yes, could someone in NYC please go ask the box offfice if there will be rush and/or SRO Sunday? That'd be awesome. 

"

I wish there was someone who could! It would be so helpful! 

Jan 6 2017, 02:38:48 PM

belrowley said: "Robbyne said: "Do you have any idea if they sell the $59 tickets ahead of time, or just the day of? "

I didn't see those tickets online, so they might have only been offered to the rush line. But seeing how the remaining performances are basically sold out, I don't know if the box office is holding back any seats at this point. It might be a good idea to check directly with them.

"

Thank

Jan 6 2017, 12:15:47 AM

belrowley said: "I rushed the show around 7:30 AM yesterday and there were close to 50 people before me. I figured I had zero chance, but I did end up getting two SRO tickets for the evening show. They were offering $59 tickets as well. But if you want to be safe, I'd suggest getting in line way before then.

"

Do you have any idea if they sell the $59 tickets ahead of time, or just the day of? 

Jan 5 2017, 04:01:52 PM

Thank you all so much for the info!! How much are sro tickets?

Jan 5 2017, 01:46:43 AM

Has anyone tried rushing/sro this week yet? Has anyone heard any news on there policies for the funk show? Thank you!

Waitress General Rush Question
 Jan 4 2017, 07:37:58 PM

Nope!

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 Jan 4 2017, 07:34:26 PM

Don't put too much hope in that theory. While the matinee performance, the line mandatorily has to dissipate. Many times, when it's time to line back up, new people will claim #1 spot. The theatre does not care at all, and will pay no attention to a list or anything like that. Could you end up with nice people who let you reclaim your rightful position, sure, but I wouldn't hold your breath unfortunately.

August Wilson Mezzanine
 Jan 1 2017, 07:32:01 PM

We just had center mezz seats there last week. View was fantastic!

Jan 1 2017, 07:30:39 PM

Miserent said: "For a while I've been planning on trying to rush the final performance of The Color Purple, or at least score a standing room ticket.  I don't mind waiting on the line for hours, however it is expected to be very, very cold and I was wondering if anyone might have an idea of how early people might start lining up for this? I know normally it's wise to arrive around 6 or 7 in the morning, but do you know if maybe people have started lining up later tha

So Long, FIDDLER ON THE ROOF
 Dec 31 2016, 05:59:06 PM

So very sad to see such a beautiful, fantastic production come to a close. So very thankful I got to see it before it did. Danny's Tony was so well deserved, what a performance!

Dec 30 2016, 07:19:51 PM

Kales913 said: "How much do tickets usually go for? My friend and I are probably going to get there around 5:45 and wait in line for the matinee 

"

I don't know if the holiday week changes the prices at all, but normally 

premium - $549

orchestra - $199

stwnding room - $40

Dec 29 2016, 12:00:24 AM

Cubas2 said: "CassandraReads said: "4am-6am can get a little bit sketchy on 46th St., in my experience. You might consider a whistle or an alarm sound on your phone, just to be safe. :) "

I'll be in NYC in the next few days and this is the first time I heard of this. Can anybody else chime in? How sketchy is it?

I am a single female in my 20's who did the line by myself 3 times during the s

West Side Story (1961) filming locations
 Dec 26 2016, 11:10:50 PM

Thank you for sharing this!!

Dec 26 2016, 10:23:44 AM

No, you do not have to go directly into the the theatre.  The reason that is said is because many times, the tickets are not sold to the line until just before show time. I've done the line 4 times. On one occasion, my friend and I got tickets to an added matinee. They were sold to us at 11:30 am, for a 2pm show. We were free to leave the line and do whatever we liked until around 1:30. Other times, we haven't been sold tickets til anywhere from an 1 prior, all the way down to 5

Beautiful, The Color Purple or Waitress
 Dec 25 2016, 04:38:15 PM

I haven't seen the other 2 shows, but I saw The Color Purple a few weeks ago, and I can guarantee you, you DO NOT want to miss it!! It is absolutely breathtaking!! Cynthia Ervio is truly as incredible as everyone says, and the whole cast and production are not to be missed. 

DEH Tix 2/17
 Dec 23 2016, 01:48:26 PM

Looking to sell 2 box seats for Friday, February 17th at 8pm. Just looking to recoup what I paid. Please PM if interested. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You