News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for tjmmgd

Member Name: tjmmgd
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Wearing kinky boots to go see Kinky Boots?
 Jun 30 2016, 03:20:17 PM

ashk8177 said: ""My wife and I are going to the show and we thought it would be fun if we both wore our own pair."    

I swore I'd never use this expression, but you and your wife are my new "couple goals." I'm texting my bf right now to see if he will do this with me! ??"

LOL nice, glad we could be an inspiration, kind of what the show is about right? Just be you don't worry about what ot

Jun 30 2016, 03:17:12 PM

Liza's Headband said: "Why do they have to be an identical match?"

Because the original question was "Do they sell the pair like the ones worn in the show". The answer is no. You can however get similar ones from a number of different sources. I mean, I found these which are about as close to the same as I've been able to locate but even then not identical:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Sexy-RED-lace-up-extreme-high-heel-boots-stilleto-boots-12cm-high-heels-SM-sexy-fetish/2020811625.html?spm=2114.40010708.4.93.Fbec8d

So I guess it all depends on how close to original broadwayfreak wants them to be. My guess is they don't sell any actual boots in the lobby, but I could be wrong. I'll find out in about a month. :)

Jun 30 2016, 02:29:47 PM

Similar yes, but not the same as the ones in the show.  Believe me I've looked.  The ones you linked to don't even have the laces on the right side.  In the show the laces are in front, they're not thick platforms, they also are made of three separate materials not just a single patent leather.  You can find plenty of versions of red thigh high boots out there but if you're trying to find ones just like in the show, you'll come up empty.

Jun 30 2016, 01:55:43 PM

IDK as I haven't been to the show yet but I'd imagine they do not. I looked all over trying to find a pair like the ones worn in the show and came up empty.  Many similar options but I believe the ones in the show are custom made for the show.

Jun 30 2016, 11:59:47 AM

Thanks, now I guess I just gotta figure out how I'm going to survive a night in mid-town wearing a pair of stiletto boots.  If the guys in the cast can do it dance, sing and act in them I suppose I can manage a few hours right?  :)

What to Wear to a Broadway Show
 Jun 30 2016, 11:58:18 AM

This is such a great question with a lot of great answers. At risk of beating a dead horse, I'll add my experience. Typically, when I take my wife to a show we like to dress up.  Of course since we don't live in NYC and given the cost of face-value show tickets, it's usually a special night out so we're going to be more dressed up anyway.  That said, I've gone to shows in a full jacket, tie and slacks outfit and felt totally over dressed compared to most.  S

Jun 30 2016, 10:38:51 AM

Has anyone here ever worn or seen anyone wearing a pair of "kinky boots" to go see a production of Kinky Boots? My wife and I are going to the show and we thought it would be fun if we both wore our own pair. Just curious if that's been done before, if it's common or what.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You