News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Sadlad

Member Name: Sadlad
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
 May 6 2018, 02:15:23 PM

......but to be clear, this is what makes it relevant, especially with what's coming out of the White House on a daily basis

May 6 2018, 01:55:07 PM

sparepart973 said: "So what IS it about and what are the dark subjects?"

Rape, Addiction, Race and the struggle with Sexual Identity.......just to name a few

May 6 2018, 07:41:47 AM

Lots of dark subjects all crammed into one show, but maybe that was the point.

Diane Paulus made an appearance at the start for some brief opening remarks - to thank everyone for coming and let us know there was an understudy - it was almost as if she was warning us to not get our hopes us, but Nora Schell (the replacement) was good, coincidentally she was one of just five cast members who appeared at the ART Gala in the spring. Elizabeth Stanley and Lauren Patten were very g

The White Card
 Mar 2 2018, 06:01:34 PM

After the show on opening night there was a moderator so that the audience could continue the discussion......more than half left.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/2018/03/01/racism-seen-and-unseen-the-white-card/gNEsMLTpBlYjZMsBh4ZgWM/story.html

The review, pretty much sums it up - thought provoking, but meh!

Come From Away seating
 Feb 25 2018, 11:13:14 AM

rwkpa26 said: "Has anyone sat in the extreme sides of the front mezz? I'm looking at a few of the 84$ (partial view?) seats in row C, and was wondering how the seats are. Thanks!"

I had box seats last week-end for $89.50, because they were only seats we could get and yes there were a few things we may have missed (all minor) but they were great value for the cost....I believe you will leave happy.

The White Card
 Feb 25 2018, 12:08:38 AM

Just returned from seeing The White Card, the new play from Diane Paulus - it will be interesting to see how the reviews come in, perhaps it's not fair to judge it after one performance, but it's going to need a lot of work if it's going to make it and may be her first miss in awhile.

BWW Boston Review: WARHOLCAPOTE at A.R.T.
 Oct 1 2017, 12:27:08 PM

An accurate review. Dan Butler was indeed an excellent replacement, especially considering the circumstance.

Bad Theater Behavior
 Jul 9 2016, 05:28:44 PM

I'm not sure whether this qualifies as "bad behavior" just unusual, but at a showing of Something Rotten a few weeks ago a women walks in with a large service dog, who proceeds to have the dog sit on her lap. I understand the necessity of why some people need a service dog and the women was seated on the aisle, but what made it somewhat bizarre was the dog didn't hang its neck on side of the aisle, but on the inside between the lady and a bemused older lady next to her......

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You