News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jmjazz

Member Name: Jmjazz
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements
 Jan 20 2017, 04:09:52 PM

Lexi is wonderful as Eliza and Mandy was great as Angelica. Both women have beautiful voices.  Not sure why people are so quick to try and tear people down. So mean.

Cant wait to see the guy from Aladdin take the reins as Layfayette/Jefferson. He can sing, but canhe rap? He's physically the polar opposite of Daveed, but so was Seth, whom I did not like in the role.

Oct 2 2016, 01:15:35 AM

Disagree that the show's the star. If you are on the payroll of the show, could see having that perspective.

I have seen the show with the OBC and post-OBC departures.  I kept comparing Seth Stewart's performance to Daveed's performance. I preferred Daveed in the role.  People who never saw the OBC and particularly Daveed's performance won't know any better. No point of reference for the role.

Loved BVD, Javier, Lexi and Mandy Gonzalez. She is fanta

Sep 17 2016, 01:29:29 PM

I'm with you on this neonlightsxo.  Pretty weird they haven't found a replacement.

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]
 Aug 29 2016, 02:25:47 PM

Anthony has done a great job each time I've seen the show. Lay off him!  He is a Broadway neophyte, but an all around great guy. Great to fans at the stage door. I adore him and would be sad if it's true that he's leaving.

Aug 26 2016, 10:37:38 AM

wish i were here2 said: "https://twitter.com/JevonMcFerrin/status/768507477700800512

He tweeted about it yesterday! Also, the website lists him as standby for Lafayette/Jefferson and Hamilton. :)

Probably only got the job because of who his father is. Connections.  I think Hamilton management is horrible BTW. Agree totally with the posters here who have stated the same.

Aug 26 2016, 10:35:56 AM

Gonna pipe in here.  I definitely did not like Alysha D (can't spell her last name. Sorry) who covered for Jasmine Cephas Jones the night I saw the show.  Once you've seen Jasmine in the role .... there's just no comparison. She has the loveliest voice.

Aug 25 2016, 08:56:30 PM

aaaaaa15 said: "Glittergrrl said: "I was wondering about the new Lafayette/Jefferson.  Daveed Diggs is such a character. His voice is unique, his hair and whole aesthetic are so identifiable. He's so charismatic.  Those are some very big shoes to fill.  I can't imagine anyone else in those roles.  

Plenty of people have praised Andrew Chappelle and Seth Stewart in those roles. It is not a case of them not being able

Broadway Direct Lotteries
 Aug 10 2016, 06:00:09 PM

GreasedLightning said: "I'm not sure why people think they're "not good" at these lotteries. There's no skill involved, no rhyme or reason. It's a lottery. Keep trying! 

Thats like my Grandmother entering the Powerball for 42 years everyday and never winning and saying she's "not good at it." LOL. 

All I ever win is Shakespeare in the Park, but those are hard tickets to come by too. So can't complain.

HAMILTON SELLING 2ND ROW ORCH wednesday 8/10 matinee
 Aug 10 2016, 05:55:30 PM

lucyyyyyyyyyy said: "EDIT: Sold ticket

1 still available if you reallyyyyyyy want it 

Would have liked to have known how much you wanted.

"

Aug 10 2016, 05:51:59 PM

sydney16 said: "omg

I'm pretty sure that Cynthia Erivo is the Ham4Ham guest tomorrow.

https://mobile.twitter.com/RoryOMalley/status/763053929957646337

It's either her or Heather Headley.

Just watched this on Youtube. My GOD. The GIRL can SING.

"

Cynthia Erivo's Voice Recently
 Aug 6 2016, 11:27:03 AM

ljay889 said: "Saw her July 20 and her voice was the clearest and most powerful I've ever heard it. It was unbelievable how strong she sounded.

She's amazing.

Aug 6 2016, 11:25:50 AM

neonlightsxo said: "Any word (rumored perhaps) on a new Lafayette/Jefferson? Or even a date we should be getting one?

I'm curious about that too. I just saw that they cast Chris Le (@officialclee)e for the roles in Chicago.  No word yet though on Daveed's replacement here in NY.

Aug 6 2016, 10:22:42 AM

ray-andallthatjazz86 said: "Jmjazz said: "ebontoyan said: "I'd like to see Billy Porter in Hamilton! Does he rap?? "

I wouldn't.  Don't like the way he treats fans. "

What a silly thing to say. Porter is a talented actor, that's all that matters when it comes to casting him or not.

Entitled to my opinion.  

"

Aug 5 2016, 10:48:21 AM

ebontoyan said: "I'd like to see Billy Porter in Hamilton! Does he rap??!

I wouldn't.  Don't like the way he treats fans. 

"

Aug 1 2016, 07:43:08 PM

Renee is on vacation until August 12.

I hope she stays through September/October. Looking forward to seeing her in the role again. She is amazing. Such a beautiful voice.

Aug 1 2016, 05:38:58 PM

Chris is doing a TV show. Not sure how much longer he will stay with the production.

He's amazing in the role though. 

Jul 27 2016, 04:32:12 PM

Hope Lexi Lawson is okay!   Was looking forward to hearing reviews of her performance.  

frown

Troilus & Cressida - Shakespeare in the Park
 Jul 27 2016, 04:27:13 PM

The line is short for now, but the line is always crazy on the weekends and after the show officially opens.

Going to see it tonight. Will report back.

Jul 26 2016, 12:04:09 AM

Hope it isn't a case of not being ready for prime time.  

Waking A Stranger Up At The Theater?
 Jul 24 2016, 05:07:58 AM

Let them sleep. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You