News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for guppy150381

Member Name: guppy150381
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE BAND'S VISIT Previews
 Oct 8 2017, 08:56:21 AM

Yeah, I see why the comparison would need some context, you're definitely right. 

I myself thought that Come From Away does a worse job in creating characters, they are more cliché (the caring older woman, the muslim, the gay guys) than the characters you can find here. Sure, it's definitely slower and I guess people comparing should be aware of the fact it's not as jolly as Come From Away but that also made for a more profound and nuanced show, in my opinion. In the end, they both have their surprising qualities and I hope that they'll both get long runs against the fast food Broadway fare elsewhere.

(Having said that: Enough with the comparisons )

Oct 8 2017, 08:35:05 AM

and even that song list is a bit too long, if you want to know about the singing. the well-played instrumentals, which feel just as important, are on there, too (i'd think it's about 5 of them) and that leaves us with around 8-9 sung songs, some of them rather short.

Oct 8 2017, 08:33:28 AM

It's very slow and very subtle. It's a quieter Come From Away with Middle-Eastern flavour, given it's "strangers stranded" premise. I really liked the overall atmosphere and I had the impression that the audience was very quiet, too and willing to listen carefully. As someone else said, there's a lot of silence, but people seemed to follow willingly. It's not much fun, but it's not a heavy downer at all either, it's not a big drama.

Staging is gorg

Best way to get tickets to Hamilton
 May 21 2017, 03:07:13 PM

you can always have a look at stubhub.com. just twenty minutes ago, there were some tickets there for today for $100 (plus fees). you have to be close to the theater and to a printer, but that probably is your best chance, if you do not win the lottery.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You