News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for OceanF

Member Name: OceanF
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 Jul 27 2016, 06:05:41 PM

Hi! So I was in the cancellation line this morning and figured I should share my experience here, since this post really helped me understand the process.

Timeline:

6:55am - Arrived at the theatre, and I was the 11th in line. SHOCKED. Luckily, most of them came with their partner(s), so each of them only want one ticket. After doing the math, I was the 16th ticket.

10:15am - Box office opened, premium tickets were offered at $549 each, and no one took it. Staffs counted 20 of us and cut rest of the cancellation line. GUYS THIS IS IMPORTANT!!! They only let the first 20 ppl to stay in line. No name list. And it doesn't matter if your partner is there or how many tickets you want. 20 ppl in line, period.

11:00am - Cancellation line moved to the other side of the street in preparation for the in person lottery.

12:15pm - Walked straight to the end of the lottery line and put in my raffle cuz the line is almost exhausted.

12:25pm - Ham4Ham show with Jesse Tyler Ferguson. Loved him, and have seen his Fully Committed before :)

12:30pm - Lottery was drawn. No luck for me, but one of the guys before me got it, so the show was 15-1=14 tickets away from me. A girl after me also left.

1:30pm - 5 seats were offered, not sure which row.

1:55pm - Still no clue. But one audience came out accompanied by a staff and asked the cancellation line who's single. And he took me in!!! I wasn't sure how much he would want me to pay, but I was just done with waiting. Was willing to pay a higher than regular price to see the show at that point. It turned out that he won the lottery ticket, but the one he's supposed to come with couldn't get out of work. I was super duper lucky!!!

3:00pm - Intermission, and saw those who were in front of me all got in, but not sure whether they were offered with SRO or regular ticket. Didn't see those who were behind me. So I would say at least 14 tickets were offered this morning.

Another important note is that, not only did they stop taking names, but they also completely separated the afternoon line and the evening line. Staff told us that if you wanna get on the afternoon line, come back at 5:30pm and we'll go from there. Same rule. First come first serve, and the first 20 ppl (not tickets) get to stay in the line. 

Apparently everyday is different, and they seem to change practice quite a bit cuz my experience isn't what was described here before. Hope it helps!

Also attaching the link for their new cancellation line policy here: https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/TWITTER-WATCH-HAMILTON-Posts-Updated-Cancellation-Line-Policies-20160512

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You