News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for thatspoetic

Member Name: thatspoetic
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews
 Jul 23 2018, 03:30:47 PM

I saw it this past Sunday. Spoilers ahead. Overall, I found it entertaining although still in need of development in certain areas. I'm glad I saw it and hopeful they'll keep revising it to make it even stronger. I got a lotto loser ticket in dress circle Row L center. It was a good seat for the price. I missed a few brief parts on the catwalk, but nothing was cut off at the top of the set. I could even see faces decently well from the second to last row. 

The vis

Angels in America seating
 Jun 28 2018, 04:11:44 PM

broadwaynerdnewbie said: "Hi, so I’m looking to purchase a ticket for one of the remaining shows and I was just wondering how any of the partial view seats were. Like how obstructed are we talking about here?

I sat in G 13. It was only very slightly obstructed. I didn't notice it at all. Only a tiny sliver of the side of the set wasn't visible, and I never couldn't see the actors. My friend in G 15 was a little more obstructe

Apr 3 2018, 12:56:46 PM

The box office says that the closer you get to the stage in the orchestra partial view seats, the worse the view is. So it sounds like row G or farther back is best in that price range for anyone else who is thinking about those seats. We ended up going with row G, which the staff member said was a good compromise between closeness and obstruction. If it's your first time seeing the show, you may want to go farther back in the partial view (maybe around row J

Apr 3 2018, 10:14:15 AM

My friend and I won Front Mezz, center of Row K lottery seats this past Saturday's marathon. They were awesome for lottery seats, but we couldn't see expressions well. I feel like I can't miss seeing the show again from closer. It is stunning, transformative, and easily one of the best theatrical experiences I've ever had, and that was without being able to see all the details. My friend and I can only afford partial view orchestra though. Ha

2018 - 2019 Touring Season
 Mar 27 2018, 01:29:37 PM

In Boston, season subscribers did get first access to buy additional Hamilton tickets. We were allowed to buy up to two more tickets in addition to our season subscription seats before ticket sales opened to the general public. 

Appreciation for Understudies Thread
 Jun 30 2017, 01:29:44 PM

I had the chance to see three understudies in three different shows this past weekend, and all were great. Josh Breckenridge in Come From Away was the standout. He was so effortless and amazing in that role that I thought I had read wrong and he couldn't be an understudy. His character ended up being my favorite in the show. I was most disappointed about missing Andy Karl in Groundhog Day, so poor Andrew Call unfairly had to do a lot to win me over. He did it though. I was

HEDWIG TOUR
 Jun 13 2017, 01:28:30 PM

The shows that go to the Boch Center and the Shubert are run by one company, and the Opera House shows are run by a different company, Broadway Across America. BAA used to have the Colonial as one of their venues too before it closed (I miss the Colonial!). My general understanding of how the tour scheduling works is that a lot of it depends on logistics like which venues happen to be not booked already for other things when a tour is coming to the area. And if several tou

HEDWIG TOUR
 Jun 13 2017, 09:49:39 AM

That's a good point about it not being part of the Broadway in Boston season. I'm a subscriber for that too, and I also almost didn't go to Hedwig for budget reasons. I'm glad I did, but I had to skip some other shows I wanted to see as well to do that. I wish it had been in the BinB season since Hedwig has been my favorite of all the touring shows I've seen this year and deserves a bigger audience. Then again, the Opera House may have felt like to

HEDWIG TOUR
 Jun 12 2017, 12:50:33 PM

Just wanted to say thanks to the people who advised me earlier on this thread to go for seats closer to the stage my first time seeing Hedwig instead of trying to be thrifty. I luckily scored a one-day sale ticket for orchestra row F (for $40) a while ago and saw it for the first time last Thursday. I loved it so much that I took my chances and bought a half price ticket from Bostix to see it again on closing night in Boston last night. It was general admission somewhere i

HEDWIG TOUR
 Apr 24 2017, 11:07:00 AM

I'm hoping to see the tour in Boston. Does anyone know if the tour usually does lottery or rush tickets? Also, how important is it to be closer to the stage? Would balcony or back mezz be not really worth it for my first time seeing the show or ok? It'll be in the Shubert Theater here if anyone is familiar with that one. 

Quick October Trip
 Aug 25 2016, 01:47:32 PM

I am not very familiar with Front Page or Matilda. Matilda might be good if it is funny. Of the others, I think School of Rock might be the best bet for funny and energetic. It's a lot of fun, and if you go in October you have a chance to see Alex Brightman in it before he leaves. He's really awesome in it. Also, the two times I've gone, there have been lots of stereotypical dad types there who seem to be enjoying themselves. I've heard Something Rotten is funny too (have

SOR Alex Brightman missing ALOT of performances
 Aug 10 2016, 09:56:55 AM

PThespian said: "Michael Hartney has been on a few times now, and he does some really great stuff with the role too. 

He's just a genuinely funny person offstage, and I think a lot of that translates into his onstage personae. 

Merritt David Janes has a completely different interpretation of the role than the other three do which is interesting in its own right. 

What is Merritt David Janes's version like? 

&qu

SOR Alex Brightman missing ALOT of performances
 Aug 9 2016, 11:15:59 AM

If anyone is worried about missing Alex Brightman, I've seen the show twice, once with Alex as Dewey and Mamie Paris as Rosalie and once with Will Blum and Sierra. The show is still a lot of fun with Will. His interpretation is different but also very entertaining. Alex plays Dewey more high intensity and manic with more abrupt emotional switches and sharper emotional peaks and valleys than Will. Obviously humor is subjective, but I found that

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You