News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rnoney

Member Name: rnoney
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HAIRSPRAY is next NBC Musical...
 Aug 13 2016, 01:40:18 PM

teddy1996: "Diggy's voice isn't even that great. And justice only acts. He doesn't sing"

I said Diggy is a singer, which is correct. I didn't suggest that everyone thinks he's great. Not everybody thinks Harvey Firestein, Derek Hough, or Garrett Clayton have "great voices" either. They all sing though.

Re: Justice - http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/12/entertainment/justice-smith-the-get-down/ --- "Both my parents are musicians so they're both artists and my sister's a singer as well, and they had thought that I was going to become a musician ... And she's always like, 'You have such a great voice.' You know how a mom is — very biased. Then I got this show and I was like, 'Okay, I guess I have to do this anyway.' [Laughs] But it was cool. I had that indirect training in music from my parents growing up, so it wasn't completely new to me. Although, rap was very new. But because I think I understood music to an extent, it was easy to jump in headfirst."

Like many performing arts school graduates he doesn't "only act", and if necessary many actors learn either how to dance a certain style and/or learn specific choreography for Broadway, movies, or TV. Heck, that's the whole premise of DWTS, and the reality of many Hollywood actors and recording artists who make the jump to Broadway.

Aug 13 2016, 04:31:14 AM

teddy1996: "But they can't sing or dance"

Diggy is a singer-rapper-actor and he can dance - not necessarily his specialty but I'm sure he (and Justice) can perform and deliver.

Aug 12 2016, 02:55:13 PM

In addition to my previous prospects for Seaweed I thought of two more:

Diggy Simmons

Justice Smith

Aug 7 2016, 04:57:34 PM

Homedecor22"I think seaweed is either Tyler James Williams or bryshere y gray from empire both can act, sing and dancd"

AFAIK Bryshere will be filming Empire during the time of Hairspray rehearsals. Plus I imagine Fox would rather he not (if they'd even allow him to) participate in an NBC live musical when Fox has its own musical slate. Though come to think of it, Jussie would've been a great choice as he can sing and dance; Bryshere is more a rapper.

Aug 3 2016, 02:53:17 PM

"I would be shocked if they actually cast a "name" for such a small role like Little Inez"

It looks like they are casting "names" for all the roles except the biggest one - Tracy.

Aug 3 2016, 02:33:43 PM

Outside of Broadway actors and unknowns, there aren't a whole lot of options for Seaweed. Unfortunately the entertainment industry doesn't provide much space for singing AA young males anymore, let alone triple-threats of any stripe, so the picking are slim. Here are the options I can think of and their potential obstacles: 

Jordan Fisher   (possibly on tour for new album)

Elijah Kelly   (

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You