News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Northernhamiltrash

Member Name: Northernhamiltrash
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 Sep 3 2016, 11:15:30 AM

I did the cancellation line on Monday (29/ and having travelled from the UK to see the show i was DESPERATE!

Anyway, having stalked this forum ever since we booked the trip to NYC in April and probably before, I decided to be on the safe side and get there for 6am. we ended up waking up early anyway because of the jetlag since it was our first day in ny and got there at 5.45am - we were the first ones there! i was so happy haha

anyway throughout the morning some theatre staff came to chat to us (it was freezing in there and they came outside to warm up haha) and said we had a pretty good chance at getting in. Our hotel was literally 2 blocks away so me and mum swapped out a couple times to get food/go to the bathroom. 

At 11am, the box office lady came and asked if we wanted premiums, and we said no bc as desperate as i was to see it, i couldnt afford that lol. there were only 2 other people in the line and they didnt either.

THEN 15 minutes later, she asked if we wanted 2 tickets (we did) and so she told us to come in and buy them!! we got front row centre mezzanine seats which was freaking amazing and paid 199 each for them. we were so buzzing because we were expecting to have to wait there all day, but instead we walked up to the natural history museum haha :)

so yeah this thing of only selling tickets 30 mins before curtain (which is an 'official' rule posted on the board outside the theatre) doesnt seem to be true haha. It also turned out that the people behind us thought they were getting rush tickets rather than returns so i dont think they actually took them. i dont know if anyone showed up later on!

Michael was amazing as Ham, Brandon was freakin incredible, and we had the understudies for Hercules/maddison and laurens/phillip but both were fab. Im so glad i got to see renee elise goldsberry even though she didnt come to the stage door

Aug 10 2016, 07:42:11 PM

Browneyes142 said: "Who went on (understudy-wise) in the matinee today?

"

I don't know if I'm just being thick but I can't figure out how to actually comment a new message so I'm just doing it like this ??

Anyway, I'm flying in from the UK at the end of the month for mine and my mums 18th/50th birthday presents, and we were going to queue for cancellation tix, which is essentially why I wanted to come. We'

Aug 10 2016, 07:42:09 PM

Browneyes142 said: "Who went on (understudy-wise) in the matinee today?

"

I don't know if I'm just being thick but I can't figure out how to actually comment a new message so I'm just doing it like this ??

Anyway, I'm flying in from the UK at the end of the month for mine and my mums 18th/50th birthday presents, and we were going to queue for cancellation tix, which is essentially why I wanted to come. We'

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You