News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Arso

Member Name: Arso
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

In your opinion who is the greatest playwright of the 20th century?
 Sep 23 2016, 07:16:49 PM

I'm just really suprised I'm not seeing alot of Samuel Beckett answers

Broadway Flea Market 2016
 Sep 23 2016, 07:15:24 PM

I'm confused what is a "Broadway Flee Market"

Sep 23 2016, 12:05:52 AM

I was expecting alot of answers of this man to be honest, but I can see where many think Beckett might be to elitist, sort of like T.S Eliot and poetry

Sep 23 2016, 12:04:08 AM

Jordan Catalano said: "On a whole, I'd say Tennessee Williams. Again, this is a personal choice to everyone but as far as I'm concerned there is no greater playwright than him. Even his lesser works are ten times greater than some of the most popular plays ever written by other people.

But having said that, I think the single greatest play of the twentieth century is THE CRUCIBLE. So it's a tough question to answer. 

Sep 22 2016, 11:29:30 PM

Of course, its quite a subjective question, but I didn't want to ask who your favorite playwright is, but "greatest" who do you think has the greatest legacy of all 20th century playwrights based on the quality of their work.

I mean my favorite author is James Joyce, but i think Proust was the "greatest" writer of the 20th century, again subjective

Sep 22 2016, 11:28:03 PM

edit: double post

Sep 22 2016, 09:29:43 PM

I know its quite a hard question, but you have to pick one person..from Arthur Miller, Eugene O'Neil, August Wilson, Harold Pinter, Beckett etc. etc.etc. etc. so on and so on

playwrights that tip toe between 19th/20th century are also allowed as answers like for example G.B Shaw

Who is your choice?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You