News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Maxim DeWinter

Member Name: Maxim DeWinter
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jennifer Holliday to join THE COLOR PURPLE
 Oct 6 2016, 12:42:07 PM

Admittedly I found the incarnation with Erivo and HH to be one of the great theater-going experiences of my life. To my mind, Holliday is miscast physically and vocally and exudes none of the damaged fierceness and sensuality HH brought to the role. HH lifted what was already a very strong production and elevated it into something truly special. I hope that Holliday improves and is able to lift her game to the level of the other cast members - but for me the show now lacks the

Jennifer Holliday to join THE COLOR PURPLE
 Oct 4 2016, 11:43:18 AM

Per a friend who works on the production, Jennifer Holliday auditioned for John Doyle and is being put into the show by John Doyle. And, yes, I'm going to night because I literally cannot help myself.

Erivo Missing TCP Performances
 Sep 26 2016, 04:02:37 PM

She borders on superhuman IMHO.

Sep 26 2016, 03:49:27 PM

She had the FLOTUS concert last Monday on her day off, sang Friday night at the Kennedy Center opening of the African American History Museum, then had a 2 show day Saturday - all while keeping up her marathon training--I'm just hoping she was exhausted - and is feeling better. Who wouldn't be exhausted after that?

Sep 26 2016, 03:20:59 PM

Anyone know if Cynthia Erivo is OK? Was at show Saturday night and she seemed to be getting through it with some difficulty - then was out yesterday saying on twitter she had "no voice." I hope she's OK - it's a remarkable performance but must be exhausting vocally. Has she been in vocal trouble before?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You