News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AdamFeldman

Member Name: AdamFeldman
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

New Tony rules are likely to ice out The Lightning Thief
 Aug 30 2020, 06:01:44 PM

"I would not vote for it for anything but can I just change the subject enough to say that "ice out" is the wrong expression; 'freeze out' is what is called for."

"Ice out" is a little slangier but it's a fairly common substitute for "freeze out" these days. (See, for example, its use in this article by Emily Nussbaum in 2016, the year she won her Pulitzer: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/05/23/drinking-and-drama-on-vanderpump-rules.) I chose it here because it has a slightly more mean-girls connotation. 

Aug 28 2020, 04:40:20 PM

The general consensus seems to be that the show worked a lot better Off Broadway than it did on Broadway. But yes, I think the score will be nominated and stands a pretty good chance of winning.

Aug 28 2020, 03:27:47 PM

It wasn't in the release today, but the Tonys made a pretty big rule change that will almost certainly have the effect of kneecapping The Lightning Thief this year, as I explain here: https://www.timeout.com/newyork/news/the-final-rules-for-the-2020-tony-awards-have-been-announced-082820

Without this change, The Lightning Thief would have been guaranteed at least eight nominations; now it's more likely to be up for one or two.

What do you think? Was this the right call to "ensure broad recognition of excellent work that occurred during the abbreviated Broadway season while also protecting the integrity of the Award"? Or should the Tonys have been generous and just nominated everyone?

Not Nominated / Should Have Won
 Oct 31 2019, 04:20:16 PM

Stretching back a bit here, but: Nathan Lane for Love! Valour! Compassion! in 1995. 

(That was an especially awkward year for snubs. Lane was one of the telecast's hosts, and the nominations were announced by Kathleen Turner, who was herself a surprise non-nominee for Indiscretions.)

The 50 best Broadway songs ever?
 Dec 5 2016, 06:53:10 PM

An impossible task, really, but we took a shot at a list:

https://www.timeout.com/newyork/theater/best-broadway-songs-of-all-time

Fire away!

Best,

Adam

"Time Out" Says BEAUTIFUL Is Closing In December
 Oct 5 2016, 09:16:38 PM

Hi folks—

No, Beautiful is not closing. The person who wrote that blurb for the events page in the print magazine—a page that David Cote and I have no connection with—misinterpreted information in our database; we often enter future dates in batches, and the writer mistakenly assumed that the final date we had entered was the final performance of the show. It was not an attempt at a scoop on Time Out's part, but a simple error tha

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You