News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dokool

Member Name: dokool
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton Cancellation Line
 Jan 8 2017, 02:45:10 AM

defygravity2 said: "Earlier in the day, a gal came by  and told me that only 3 tickets given out on Wednesday, 10 on Thursday, and 10 on Friday."

3 on Wednesday? They must have been talking about the evening show because at least 20 got into the matinee by my headcount. Congrats though, I was very lucky to do that line on Wednesday w/ great weather and definitely wouldn't have survived the weekend!

Jan 5 2017, 07:49:55 AM

tylergrabo said: "- Would it be better if we arrived earlier?

Yes - if you absolutely 100% want to get into the matinee, you need to look at arriving pre-sunrise.

Is (time) am early enough for a 3pm matinee!"

The first rule of Line Club is you don't talk about what time you're showing up to Line Club, because someone else might see your post and decide to beat you by

Jan 4 2017, 09:22:01 PM

tylergrabo said:

- Which day would our chances be better?

If you're willing to tough it out for a whole day, Saturday simply because there's two shows and if you don't get into the matinee you still have a shot at the evening show. That said, you have to accept the risk that more people will be in line because it's the weekend, and also that there may be fewer cancellations.

- Would it be better if we arrived earlier?

Jan 4 2017, 06:52:39 PM

Big Apple2 said: "I have a follow up question on a two-day show like Wednesday.  If only 12 people got in for the matinee show and I'm the 13th person in line and willing to continue to take my chances for the evening performance, do I now become the first person in line for cancellation tickets?"

Yes.

Jan 4 2017, 01:20:38 PM

craynyc said: "sweet! What time did the folks in that line start getting there?

First trio arrived at 5:20, I got there at 5:45. Basically everyone who was in line by 7AM got an unclaimed lotto.

Also, if someone was standing in line but their other person wasn't there yet, were they allowed to wait for them or was everyone told to go in as soon as the tickets were given out?"

It was early enough that we could buy our ticket(s) and leave to

Jan 4 2017, 12:35:11 PM

Update from today's matinee line: at about 12:10 they offered eight tickets, all unclaimed lotto AFAIK. So including the two box seats that went around 9:30, that's 10 of us who have gotten in so far!

Jan 3 2017, 04:00:35 PM

Just had a chat with the people at the front of today's (1/3) line. Earlybirds got in around 7:30AM. About 20 in line now. Everyone's in good spirits despite the weather, at least!

Dec 26 2016, 02:04:35 AM

IamthatBen said: "They brought out tickets a lot  earlier since they seemed to have been cancelled earlier. I think there were at least over 10 tickets given out for the evening show."

Great info, thank you. I was always under the impression that they didn't give tickets to the wait line until much closer to the show - is this not the case anymore? Don't you still have to go into the theater immediately after purchasing?

Dec 17 2016, 09:04:45 AM

What exactly is the protocol for the Wednesday cancellation line, especially the 8PM performance? You still can't get in line till 5:30? Honor system or free for all?

Dec 11 2016, 04:36:51 AM

Whether or not you agree with them, people complaining about the cancellation line are being taken out of context - the debate isn't about whether or not those waiting in line are "superfans," but about whether or not someone who wants to see the show 5-10 times is depriving 4-9 other fans the chance of seeing it for the first time. In short, is a live performance of Hamilton an experience or a commodity?

Incidentally I've done some napkin math for a certain Wednesday matinee in Januar

Oct 7 2016, 09:22:19 AM

Hello all, this is a great resource. I'm planning a visit to NYC in early January - would I be better off waiting for the cancellation line for Tuesday, or either of the Wednesday shows?

I'm looking at buying a ticket to one more show (likely Book of Mormon) over those days, so I'd basically committing to attempting to see Hamilton on the other day. I know that Wednesday seems like a smarter move because there's two shows, but maybe more people go for the mati

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You