News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for EmeraldOzian

Member Name: EmeraldOzian
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Wicked Movie Seeks New Director
 Feb 3 2021, 06:24:04 PM
Naomi Scott is probably another choice that could work in terms of bring able to sing the part and has some recognisable franchise movies behind her.
Wicked Movie Seeks New Director
 Feb 3 2021, 04:04:53 PM
Ariana DeBose would be fantastic. Jon is liking a lot of tweets about Elphaba being played by a PoC and I think she would be perfect and more than qualified for acting and singing the part.
MATILDA movie musical confirmed.
 Jan 17 2020, 04:19:05 PM

If Trunchbull is a female actress then Dot Marie Jones would be amazing in the part.

Lee Evans would be a great Mr. Wormwood but I am guessing they might cap some of the actors ages at 40 for the parent roles.

I don't think they'll necessarily look for a good singer for Trunchbull probably someone who will moreso act the part. I can't recall the role being a hard vocal part weren't most of her songs spoke song. 

MATILDA movie musical confirmed.
 Jan 17 2020, 10:07:22 AM

I think somebody more along the lines of Colin Firth will be eyed for the lead. It's a predominantly British smaller budget production think Bridget Jones/Everybody's talking about Jamie type casting. I'd love to see Emily Blunt as Miss Honey she would be perfect for the role probably even equally as good for Mrs Wormwood. Dare I even suggest Kendrick as Honey?

The Lion King 2019 Soundtrack
 Jul 11 2019, 08:45:58 AM

I believe it releases in around two hours and fifteen minutes.

New Aladdin Movie Trailer
 May 23 2019, 05:00:42 PM

I'm gonna be controversial and say that I'd prefer if this wasn't a musical film and would've probably worked better that way.

My Favorite Elphaba
 May 20 2019, 07:45:28 PM

As per the recent Evening with Stephen Schwartz celebration the film version is nearing the pre-production stage and they're starting to talk about casting.

May 14 2019, 05:27:37 PM

I was asking my friend to elaborate on the music, basically the most important part in and musical film let's be honest. She said not to go in expecting classic Menken Disney and that all the music was pretty much redone as pop and RnB like the Annie's remake. It's really lowered my expectations unfortunately.

May 14 2019, 05:48:29 AM
A friend of mine seen an advanced preview of the film and said it was horrible. None of the cast can sing besides Naomi Scott and its very blandly filmed besides the Friend like Me and the Whole new world segment.

There are none of the Broadway songs included either not that they ever intended to have them in there but I was hoping for Proud of your Boy. Instead there's a second reprise of One Jump Ahead and Jasmine's new song.

Unfortunately it also falls into the same trap o

Dove Cameron in The Light in the Piazza... ?
 Mar 25 2019, 10:09:52 AM

I think she can hit the note no problem.

https://youtu.be/mnqFaj4SPK4

Mar 12 2019, 05:40:11 PM
Atleast the singing is somewhat pleasing unlike Beauty and the Beast. Naomi sounds good as Jasmine.
Bette Midler to perform from MARY POPPINS RETURNS
 Feb 18 2019, 08:07:10 PM

Emily had no issues singing live at Hillary Clinton's fundraiser or doing live one takes in James Corden's chat show, I wonder why she isn't doing it.

Gypsy Who Should Play Herbie & Uncle Jocko ?
 Feb 16 2019, 04:02:59 PM

I'm thinking some old school actress stunt casting could work wonders for the strippers. How about a Witches of Eastwick reunion.

Susan Surrandon as Mazeppa

Cher as Electra

Michelle Pfeiffer as Tessie

Alternativelly Goldie Hawn could work too in one of the parts.

Ive heard that Barbra is still attatched as producer so perhaps she still has people in mind she'd like to appear in the film. Daisy Ridley was heavily rumoured as

Feb 14 2019, 08:03:40 PM

Brie Larson would be wonderful for Louise, and yes the real life counterparts to Gypsy are quite darker. 

LADY GAGA IN WICKED?
 Feb 14 2019, 07:49:11 PM

It's probably most appropriate to be looking at the likes of actresses who are under 30 for the role but Gaga would be amazing in the part. 

In the era of acceptance, female empowerment, fake news, political unrest and movements for people of colour the film version should rely heavier on those themes, the show presents them in a more subtle way.

Feb 12 2019, 08:22:20 PM

And what's wrong with Daniel Radcliffe doing the part? His dancing wasn't bad in How to Succeed.

Feb 12 2019, 08:49:59 AM
Daniel Radcliffe for Tulsa maybe?
 Feb 10 2019, 08:32:03 PM

I feel like Melissa will be a great Rose. Her SNL sketch of the Broadway Super Bowl gives me Mama Rose vibes. Saorise is quite a nice suggestion too. I suggested Dove Cameron for Glinda but she'd be a great Dainty June aswell.

Feb 10 2019, 07:49:47 PM

Gypsy doesn't need to have a good voice so I'd be willing to give Emma Watson redemption for Belle if she was cast as Louise. Emma Stone could be another possibility.

Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
 Feb 10 2019, 07:06:58 PM

If they're casting younger ages to appeal to a teenage audience then Dove Cameron is perfect for Glinda. Stunt casting the rest of the cast will work a charm for this film. I'd like to see Patrick Stewart take on the Wizard or Dr. Dillamond he can sing somewhat too atleast enough for the part.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You