News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rachel818

Member Name: rachel818
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BREAKING: Mandy Patinkin Withdraws from THE GREAT COMET  Jul 28 2017, 04:42:00 PM

Months ago, I bought tickets for 8/15, wanting to see Oak. Was just as thrilled to find out I'd see Mandy instead and now.....Ugh. Hoping they can pull something together and make it through the summer, at least. What a terrible situation for all in the cast & crew.

What are good examples of shows written for a specific star?  Jan 13 2017, 05:34:57 PM

Not an example of an entire show written for an actor, but Fosse's comment made me think of this. I recall reading that Dave Malloy wrote "No One Else" after Great Comet rehearsals had begun, to play to Phillipa Soo's vocal strengths.

(edited because I had the song title wrong)

NATASHA, PIERRE & THE GREAT COMET OF 1812 Previews  Jan 3 2017, 06:54:05 PM

Chiming in to agree w/ Auggie27 and icecreambenjamin. I've long been a fan of the score and the storytelling, but seeing it in person was just that much better. Beyond that, it's sung and performed beautifully by the cast. The ensemble vocal arrangements are just gorgeous.

Lauren Zakrin in Great Comet  Dec 31 2016, 07:03:12 PM

I caught her at the matinee performance yesterday. I thought she was great, such a lovely voice and great comedic timing. I'm curious how her portrayal compares to Denee's - I'm trying to think of how to put it, but at times her portrayal comes off somewhat Disney Princess-like? It's hard to explain. I expected Natasha to be naive, but not quite so silly and goofy. Being that this was my first time seeing the show, I have nothing to compare it to, so I'm not

Great Comet Seating Thread  Oct 20 2016, 02:24:02 PM

Thanks all for your advice! I decided to just go for it and switch  my seat to Front Mezz, row B seat 2 (stage right.) I'm even more excited to see the show in December now!

Great Comet Seating Thread  Oct 20 2016, 12:41:15 PM

Thanks to everyone for posting seating intel; I actually just created an account to ask a seating question. (Longtime lurker, though. ) My seat is orchestra row P on the aisle closest to the center, stage right I believe. Reading all of this I'm considering calling to change my seat to front mezz. I'm looking for the best "big picture" angle of the show I guess. I'm wondering if anyone has any insight on if much is missed by sitting in the back of the orchestra.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You