News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for KingGeorgeIII

Member Name: KingGeorgeIII
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

ILLINOISE at the St. James Beginning April 24
 Mar 19 2024, 10:56:34 AM

I hope Robbie Fairchild will pick up his second Tony Nomination, this time for Featured Actor in a Musical. It truly is an ensemble piece, but he stood out most to me among the individual performers. The Man of Metropolis Steals Our Hearts, led by Fairchild, was the show's strongest number.

THE INHERITANCE - Reviews
 Nov 17 2019, 01:54:26 PM

Maybe I'll have egg in my face tonight, but I can't see this show garnering the rave reviews it got in London. Twenty percent of this show is spectacular--the end of the first part, most of the long monologues, the ensemble work--and eighty percent is meh. Eric Glass is not a compelling protagonist, the extended brunch scenes don't have any more depth than gayness 101, and the major themes are told, not shown. There is a worthy story to be told about inter-generational relationshi

The Inheritance - Previews
 Nov 9 2019, 01:10:03 PM

Auggie27, 

This is, arguably, the most important passage in Howards End:

"[Margaret] would only point out the salvation that was latent in [Henry's] own soul, and in the soul of every man. Only connect! That was the whole of her sermon. Only connect the prose and the passion, and both will be exalted, and human love will be seen at its height. Live in fragments no longer. Only connect and the beast and the monk, robbed of the isolation that is life to eithe

Nov 8 2019, 09:20:48 AM

I generally liked the play, but found myself disappointed in Eric's characterization. Margaret Schlegel from Howards End is one of the most captivating and complicated characters I've encountered. Eric, on the other hand, is the gay version of a fake-woke basic Becky. Nothing about what he actually does in the play suggests that he should be Walter's spiritual heir. His gay history speech in Act II was hardly a cri de coeur (notice that we have to be told, not shown, that thi

Oct 7 2019, 05:09:07 PM

Do you think it's worth reading Howards End before seeing this show? Will my appreciation of the play be enhanced if I read it? 

Significant Other on Broadway
 Oct 26 2016, 08:00:22 PM

This play wrecked me when I saw it at the Pels in June 2015. It reminded me so much of the jealousy that sometimes arose in my friendships, particularly around romantic relationships in a really raw way. It was also totally hysterical--Gideon Glick in the email scene had the whole audience roaring with laughter. But also recognition because sending an email like that is something all of us in the online dating world are tempted to do. I wish this show lots of success on Broadway and look forw

INDECENT to Open on Broadway, Spring 2017
 Oct 26 2016, 07:42:01 PM

I'm thrilled to see this show again and glad that the producers are taking a risk on new work. With Indecent and Significant Other opening in the Spring and Falsettos opening tomorrow, 'tis the Broadway season for work about gay Jews.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You