News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for xmaschild

Member Name: xmaschild
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Six at the ART
 Sep 2 2019, 04:34:44 PM

downhillskier said: "LOVED it!

Teriffic Fun show! Great cast, great music &, funny . HIstory made so current .After seeing it last Friday, I thought the lenght was just right . I was previously concerned that it would be too short. As much as I would have liked to enjoy for a longer time period, I felt it worked in the 75ish minutes. THey told their story and made it fun, can't imagine how it could be lengthened.

The gals were great at ART's wonderfu

Next weekend TKTS Question
 Apr 19 2019, 08:23:36 PM

If you go to the TKTS at Southstreet Seaport or Lincoln Center you can buy for the next day matinee (so if you go Saturday you can purchase Sunday matinee tickets) .  That will give you a leg up and a better choice of shows.

Advice on TDF tix pick-up
 Jan 25 2019, 08:46:25 PM

My experience has always been an hour before the show.  A couple of times I tried to pick them up earlier and was told to come back no earlier than an hour before.

2018 BWW Thankfulness Thread
 Nov 21 2018, 11:04:52 PM

I am thankful that 2 of my 3 children share my love of theater.  Seeing their faces last Christmas morning when I surprised them with Hamilton tickets is not something I will soon forget.

I'm thankful for being able to see 2 amazing performers - Bernadette Peters and Bette Midler - in Hello Dolly.  That show has stayed with me longer than I expected it would.

Although I know there have been a couple of threads lately that have not been in favor of the stage do

ANASTASIA National Tour
 Oct 15 2018, 08:48:40 PM

Link to review and pictures:

https://www.timesunion.com/entertainment/article/Review-Anastasia-Proctors-10-12-18-13305236.php#photo-16270424

We saw it in NYC 2 months ago so didn't go to Proctor's for the tour.  A number of friends saw it and loved it.

Come From Away
 Sep 3 2018, 10:15:07 AM

chuckydisc said: "xmaschild said: "... When standing in line for Hello Dolly last Saturday right across the street there were a couple of people in line early but the line didn't really start forming until around 8 for a 10:00 box opening ..."

Come From Away is not right across the street from where Hello Dolly was.
"

You're right - I'm so sorry - this was when we were in line for DEH.  We did a couple of ru

Come From Away
 Sep 1 2018, 08:51:35 AM

We were there July 3rd and got in line at 9:00 on a whim and were able to get standing room tickets.  When standing in line for Hello Dolly last Saturday right across the street there were a couple of people in line early but the line didn't really start forming until around 8 for a 10:00 box opening so I would say if you're there by 9 you should definitely be okay for a noon opening.  Good luck!

DEH stage door
 Sep 1 2018, 08:47:35 AM

We were at the show last Sunday.  Lisa Brescia, Alex Boniello, and Sky Lakota-Lynch came out to sign.  Taylor did not come out.  They were friendly and gracious, posed for pictures, and spent time chatting with folks in line.  A wonderful show, a wonderful cast, and an overall great experience. 

Aug 25 2018, 01:58:37 PM
We were in line st the box office around 6:15 this morning for rush. There were about 20 people ahead of us so didn’t hold out much hope but we got the last 2 rush tickets fir tonight (and then ran back to the hotel to extend our stay another night). We’re in the last row of the balcony but I can’t wait to be part of this event with my theater loving 12 year old daughter!
HEAD OVER HEELS at the Curran - Reviews
 Jun 6 2018, 07:01:28 PM

The age guidance on the summary for TDF says 13+.  For those who have seen it, is it really ok for a 13 year old?  My daughter loves musical theater and has seen a lot of shows, but I've not yet taken her to Spring Awakening or shows like that.  Thoughts appreciated!

Good Magic Shows in NYC?
 May 7 2018, 09:27:52 PM

Another vote for Chamber Magic.  It's dressy, it's a small crowd and you're invited to participate and stand around Steve Cohen as he does some of his tricks.  We went 5 years ago and I would love to go back again someday!

Patti LuPone in Concert
 Apr 28 2018, 12:39:03 PM

She was absolutely marvelous last night in Schenectady.  She forgot the words twice to two different songs and was so humble and funny about it that you couldn't help but love her even more.  We were in the 3rd row pit and were just mesmerized by every expression and all of the acting she did.  The last 2 songs during the encore were acappella and you just didn't want her to stop singing.  My 12 year old loved her and got a wonderful experience from a master.  Here's the review:

https://www.timesunion.com/7day-breaking/article/Review-Patti-LuPone-Proctors-4-27-18-12871643.php

Patti LuPone in Concert
 Apr 20 2018, 08:59:57 PM

Please tell us how it is!  Would love a report including songs she is singing.

How to get tickets to Jesus Christ Superstar Live?
 Mar 20 2018, 05:59:00 PM

Thanks for sharing this information.  I just registered for tickets for Sunday.  It would be amazing if I had the chance to go to this!  If anyone hears if they are selected, please post so I know how far ahead they are notifying people.  

Is TDF worth it?
 Dec 29 2017, 09:55:25 PM

I say yes but keep in mind many of the show tickets are during the week so if you're visiting at that time it will help your chances to use the membership.  We live 2 /12 hours away so qualified for the $12 membership.  I only saw 2 shows but we got to see two shows for less than the price of a non-discounted ticket to one so for the $12 membership it was definitely worth it.

The Official TDF Thread
 Nov 2 2017, 08:33:48 PM

Wanted to share our very first experience using TDF - coming in from 3 hours away yesterday with my 11 year old daughter.  First, the tickets were not ready early (we checked).  They said to come back an hour before the show as they waited until then to figure out what seats to give out to "fill out the house".  Tickets were ready in an envelope with our name on them an hour before show.

Our seats for 2:00 matinee of War Paint were Left Mezzanine Row E last 2 s

War Paint Stage Door
 Oct 29 2017, 05:33:25 PM

I have tickets for the 11/1 matinee for my daughter's 12 birthday gift.  I know War Paint may be a little "old" for a 12 year old but she loves musical theater and I wanted her to have a chance to see these amazing performers (we're also seeing Cats at 7:00 - thanks TDF!).  Does anyone know if Patti or Christine ever come out to stage door after  Wednesday matinee?  I'm guessing they don't but that would be such a treat!

Broadway Halloween costumes??
 Oct 7 2017, 11:14:25 PM

QueenTwinnied said: "I'm looking to be Evan Hansen for Halloween this year, and I already have the pants and can makethe cast. However, I can't find a decent replica of Evan's blue and black striped polo shirt. Does anyone have any idea where I could buy one or something similar? I've scoured the internet and haven't found anything suitable yet."

Do either of these work?  It's certainly not exact but it might be close enough for a costume to at least give people the idea?

https://us.billabong.com/shop/product/mens-shirts/bonito-polo?color=PTR

http://www.brooksbrothers.com/Original-Fit-Supima%C2%AE-Cotton-Pique-Varied-Stripe-Polo-Shirt/MP01082,default,pd.html?cmp=AFC_US_CJ_VigLink_Brooks+Brothers+Product+Catalog_6162654&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=cj&utm_campaign=6162654&cvosrc=affiliate.cj.

Broadway Halloween costumes??
 Oct 7 2017, 04:10:45 PM

Phantom of the Opera is pretty easy to do and well known.

Or Glinda/Elpheba from Wicked 

Springsteen's $75 Digital Lotto
 Sep 28 2017, 10:23:12 PM

I'm thrilled for the chance to enter this.  I couldn't get tickets any other way so am hoping there might be a chance with the lotto.  Given the ticket prices, the venue and the artist I'd gladly pay $75 each.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You