News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dapapabear2

dapapabear2 Profile Photo
Member Name: dapapabear2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: If Next to Normal Transfers...
 Mar 1 2008, 05:43:28 PM

Maybe this belongs on the off topic board not sure. I have a ticket for Next to Normal 3/2 at 3:00 which I will not be able to use. It's at the box office and they told me that someone else could use it, just ask for it in my name. Small theater, less security I guess :) It's seat D114 and I hate for it to go to waste so if anyone wants it contact me and I'll give you my name. This is real, not a con job and I'm not asking for an y money, just want someone to enjoy the show since I can

re: Taboo-Petrified
 Dec 16 2006, 12:11:48 AM
Definitely agree with Jane2, Raul's performance was excellent. I liked it better each time I saw the show. Come to think of it, I've never seen him do anything I didn't love. In Normal Heart I think I did stop breathing a couple times, too overwhelmed even to cry.
re: Taboo-Petrified
 Dec 16 2006, 12:10:45 AM
Definitely agree with Jane2, Raul's performance was excellent. I liked it better each time I saw the show. Come to think of it, I've never seen him do anything I didn't love. In Normal Heart I think I did stop breathing a couple times, too overwhelmed even to cry.
re: High Fidelity Reviews
 Dec 9 2006, 12:29:56 AM

I saw it last Sunday and the audience was laughing through the whole thing. I enjoyed it very much but could see what the reviews would say. A man I spoke to the night before I saw it said it was "shallow but enjoyable". If it was Off-Broadway or at least in a smaller theater it could probably pull in enough people to keep it going, not sure at the Imperial though. Maybe there's enough people like me who couldn't care less what the reviews say who will go anyway. If I remember correctly

re: Rent - is it winding down?
 Jul 24 2006, 04:55:14 AM
Thanks to all who answered. It didn't make sense to me given the stats and the low production costs that it would be closing. Patronus, thanks for the laugh!
Rent - is it winding down?
 Jul 23 2006, 07:49:27 PM
I went to get tix for December at Ticketmaster and they are only selling them through the end of November. Most other shows I looked at were selling well past that. I haven't much been paying attention to what's happening on Broadway right now, so can anyone clue me in. Is it closing, or are they contemplating that. Thanks, DAve

PS sorry if this has been covered. I looked through about 400 threads and didn't see it.

re: blood brothers
 May 24 2005, 01:39:23 PM
There's a Czech version!! Have the rest, now I have to start searching again. I love it. Love the quote from your mother too!
re: What is it with all the MtF trannys in musicals?
 Mar 18 2005, 01:55:04 AM
Kevin Aviance as Aida would work for me.
re: Jerry Springer - The Opera forced to stay off Broadway
 Mar 10 2005, 01:43:00 AM
Godlovesyou - you obviously don't though. Perhaps if you spent more time reading your Bible and less time spewing cliches and false information about events in the Bible you would have more of an impact. This is not a theology board so I won't waste anyone's time refuting your asinine gay/Christian is a contradiction statement. FYI, I am personally aquainted with one of the lead members in the JSTO cast and his HUSBAND is a pastor and he was very active in a church here in the US before movi
re: ALTAR BOYZ
 Mar 5 2005, 12:14:22 PM
They were believable in the video clip, so much so that it was eerie for me. I felt like I was back in my Bible school days sitting with teens who were going to save the world. I'm looking forward to seeing it - a parody of a parody.
re: RENT-Us TOUR
 Mar 5 2005, 12:08:20 PM
I saw it last weekend in Hartford, CT. I thought that Andy Meeks was the best Mark I have seen, animated and showed real emotions. Dan Rosenbaum has a great voice and I'm sure I would just love him in a different setting but I couldn't see him as Roger. I saw more depth in the Mark/Roger relationship than I have in other productions. Marcus Paul James was good as Collins, I liked his singing and the chemistry between him and Damien DeShaun Smith(Angel) was very moving. I had a bit of trouble
re: Terrible Audience Experience.
 Mar 3 2005, 12:38:49 PM
Actually orangeskittles a lot of us doublewide folks would be happy to admit our size (kind of hard to hide!!) if there was an option for a bigger seat. I almost always buy aisle seats because I know that it would be hell for all involved if I tried to sit mid-row. Even then some theaters are just awful for larger people - the Plymouth I think tops that list though the theater "Boy From Oz" was at runs a close second. Twice I have had very nice ushers ask me if I would rather use a chair and
 Mar 1 2005, 01:08:19 AM
It ain't dead yet!

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/91440.html

re: when you're alone at night...
 Feb 28 2005, 02:40:32 PM
are you full of pride?
re: A Rent review...
 Feb 28 2005, 12:44:32 AM
Replying to Kelliexo90: I saw the performance at the Bushnell last night and I agree it was great. Andy Meeks brought life to Mark that I haven't seen anyone one else manage (though when he first came out all I could think of was Hunter Foster!) If I had never seen it with anyone else playing Roger I would have enjoyed Dan's performance more. He is very talented and he sure did manage to bring goosebumps with voice. I guess I've just got used to seeing Roger in a certain way. Probably it wa
 Feb 28 2005, 12:15:56 AM
"They" didn't really stop it from coming. Fear of the monetary impact of bad reaction and protests would more likely be the reason for a backer to um, back out. Why this one? Jesus saying "Talk to the stigmata" is enough to cause convulsions in some people. Yeah, there's been plenty of shows with swearing, nudity etc., but how many combine that and some rather out of the ordinary sexual practices, scat and God, Jesus and the Devil? Or, how many try to bring that to Broadway? Personally I w
 Feb 27 2005, 01:18:07 AM
The "christian" fundies in this country are no less fanatic than their twins in the Middle East who have twisted their ownreligion into quest for power and control. Something like this show would set them off into a frothing tantrum and frenzied attack on the arts in general. They have the support of the current regime and it would be very risky to attempt to bring that show here now. It's true that these groups have yet to attempt to exert much influence on NY theater but this one pushes a
re: Musical Moments That Make You Cry
 Feb 15 2005, 04:44:04 AM
Suddenly Seymour gets me every time, Somewhere Green can do it too
I saw a tour production of Miss Saigon this weekend and a number of songs hit me pretty hard even though overall the production was lacking.

Elaborate Lives - I reacted much more with Will Chase singing than with er.. what's his name?

The first time I saw Rent I cried through most of it.

Normal Heart, I stopped breathing a few times. I was too overwhelmed by it to cry.

And if I see a well

re: 'has NEEEVER felt more right'
 Feb 15 2005, 04:27:36 AM
I have to agree, though I really enjoyed the show live, the cd makes me cringe. But occasionally it's just the right thing to play. The night I saw it Eden crossed from singing to screeching for a second in that infamous part. That has to take a toll after awhile.
re: Who saw Dracula, the Musical?
 Feb 2 2005, 12:45:35 AM
I saw it twice.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You