News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for huckleberry22

Member Name: huckleberry22
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Should 'Subways are for Sleeping' be considered for an Encores! Present
 Sep 25 2008, 01:55:23 PM
They did do "Sweet Adeline" already, didn't they? I think they still do some obscure stuff. I don't think " Music in the air" would be considered a very popular show...
Time setting question
 Jul 15 2008, 03:43:51 PM
I thought the same of the time frame. oh well, I guess you need extra suspension of disbelief.
I saw it last night. I had a lot of fun. I smiled basically the whole time. I have never seen the stage version, and honestly never wanted to. Still kinda don't. But I really enjoyed the movie. There were some cheesy bits, and unintentionally funny ones. Mostly when Pierce Brosnan started singing. Sorry- he was great in the film, just not so much when singing. Everyone was really good, most of t

re: How Are Lachey and Collins?
 Jul 2 2008, 02:12:58 PM
ok...but what about stephen collins and drew lachey?
re: No P2P yet for DAMN YANKEES...
 Jul 1 2008, 02:32:39 PM
there will be peer to peer tickets. There is no code, yet, though:)
re: Laura Linney's entrance song
 Jun 17 2008, 12:01:00 PM
haha. I went toa viewing party at "don't tell mama's" and that was one of the trivia questions. "which song played while Laura Linney walked out"I didn't even notice!
re: Patti did fine, but it's inarguable: Bernadette is the Diva of our day
 Jun 17 2008, 11:50:33 AM
I Like Bernadette. I really like Patti. they are both talented women, and very different.

I hate to pull this card, but why do we have to pit women against each other? I see this far more often than done with fellow male actors. Patti is not as good as...she is better than... she is nicer...she is this...she is that...
can't they both be wonderfully talented and iconic in musical theater now, without needing to be pitted against each other?Its as if no matter what you put out there

Daily news on "In the heights"
 Jun 17 2008, 10:25:15 AM
There was a cute article from Michael Daly today in the Daily news about "In the Heights". sorry if anyone already shared this!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/columnists/daly/

re: Kristin Chenoweth's Tony Awards Arm Fart
 Jun 16 2008, 04:16:28 PM
since when did this become another lets beat on Idina thread? I thought it was about kristin, and am I the only that didn't notice this arm fart? Although I was in a loud place...
re: Grease Production Number on the Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2008, 12:19:02 PM
I have had no interest in seeing it, and now...even less, sadly. I know this shouldn't matter, and may not be the sets of the show, but those pink and baby blue lockers were just sooo cheesy. It seems so sexless, and slick to me. But the performers weren't bad...just not much chemistry.
re: THE QUEEN HAS BEEN CROWNED!
 Jun 16 2008, 11:44:13 AM
I guess I am in the minority here...but I thought her clapping along with rent was wonderful. I don't know why, it was just so her. It was half " what the hell is going on here" and half " why am I the only one clapping along". I liked it. And her speech. that was more the point of this topic, I know.
re: Different Patti View
 Jun 16 2008, 11:32:26 AM
I don't think it was her decision alone.Clearly, someone thought it was a good idea, and I think the audiences have backed that.Would you turn Arthur Laurents and CO. down if they asked you to star in a role you have always wanted to play? I wouldn't. Hell, I would do it while the other show was still playing, at the theater next door if I had the chance.
re: SUNDAY - best musical to ever get shut out?
 Jun 16 2008, 11:27:00 AM
I actually really liked her Dot. And I agree, it is odd out of context. I thought that song, although beautiful, was an odd choice for the tony's. They should have done something from act one, they certainly have chemistry in that act, as George and Dot.
I too feel it should have won at least some design awards. The effects were stunning.And Daniel Evans was wonderful...

re: Nick Adams of A CHORUS LINE in Most Beautiful Man for June'08.
 Jun 11 2008, 04:23:45 PM
he has a cute face, I think. And a killer bod. I agree, the bedford hair is a bit much. I think that is what makes him look baby faced even more. His face looks like a little boy with a bowl cut.ahhhh!
re: Genius end to Cubby Series
 Jun 11 2008, 03:32:43 PM
judging by the article posted somewhere else on the boards, tony voters don't even watch the show they are voting for. So, cubby might just have a shot. I thinks its pretty funny, but wouldn't that raise some interesting questions if Xanadu did win...
re: First show you saw alone..
 Jun 11 2008, 01:57:25 PM
givesmevoice, that was mine as well. I thought it was pretty ironic too.
re: HMS Pinafore
 Jun 9 2008, 03:12:34 PM
yes, it is an hour for the first act, 15 minute intermission, and 50 minutes for the second act. so, roughly two hours and five minutes:)
re: Cubby And Dyllun Rock It Out To 'Suddenly'
 May 29 2008, 01:59:48 PM
oh, Craig... I thought the exact same thing. I was digging the whole Cubby thing up until that video. no mas!
re: Bonnie & Clyde - The Musical
 May 13 2008, 01:34:08 PM
yes. starring Greg Kinnear and Meryl Streep:)
re: Taye Diggs on Will & Grace
 Jan 6 2006, 12:43:31 AM
i must say. i love taye diggs, but there is this thing he does in every film. has anyone else noticed that he does this thing where he scratches the back of his neck. he did it in rent in "you'll see" and i thought, i've seen that before! and then tonight, he did it on " will and grace." i don't remember which part, though. one of his quirks, or trademarks, i dunno. just something i noticed.
Ever regret seeing one show instead of another?
 Dec 20 2005, 06:58:07 PM
i had a ticket to avenue q, but gave it up to see " boy from oz" which was ok, but not all that amazing. now i love avenue q, and wish i had seen the original cast. at the same time, boy from oz is gone, so i am glad i got to see it. i could watch hugh jackman open a cd wrapper, so...
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You