News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TGIF

TGIF Profile Photo
Member Name: TGIF
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Margo on Company  Nov 3 2006, 03:40:46 PM
Lovely review. I have been seeing less and less shows due to lack of income and time. I was debating which new shows to see. Reviews on here really don't sway me either way, but from everything I hear I must get myself over to the Barrymore ASAP.
re: Tony Host?  May 16 2006, 07:03:42 PM
I like Billy Crystal, but if he was going to do it, I think it would have been last year when his show was nominated.
re: Last 10 Shows You've Seen  May 5 2006, 12:46:52 AM
1. Well
2. Three Penny Opera
2. Doubt
3. Wedding Singer
4. Sweeny Todd
5. The Pillowman (George St. Theater, not Broadway)
6. SIDD
7. Samurization
8. Underneath the Lintel

The last bunch I have seen after those were small productions around the city and in NJ.

What I want to see

History Boys
The Lieutenant of Inishmore
Tarzan
Jersey Boys

re: A Doubt Question  Apr 14 2006, 01:46:19 PM
I didn't see it as her thinking her son was "gay anyway". It was more of, well this already happened to him, and he would only be in this bad situation for a few more months then he'd be at another school. Also that this coming out would make the father angrier. Sure this priest might be doing some terrible things to him for a couple months, but in the long run if his father knows about it, could be years of abuse.
re: SAT question of the day  Mar 17 2006, 01:06:36 AM
E!
re: Sweeney Todd questions (WARNING: Possible spoilers!)  Feb 17 2006, 11:27:29 PM
Refreshing is the exact word I used after I saw the show. Its a good wake up call to audiences. I believe people get so much more out of shows like these then ...er...more straight forwards shows.
re: Sweeney Todd questions (WARNING: Possible spoilers!)  Feb 17 2006, 07:43:10 PM
I saw Sweeney last week. I read this thread in one go so there are so many things I would like to address/agree/disagree etc. with that I doubt it could be done all in one post!

I saw the show with my theatre class which I was thrilled about. It isn't often - lest I have time to wander on to this site - that I can see a show and have a deep, intelligent coversation about afterwards with the people I go with. (Not that people I normally go with *can't* but there usually isn't time to

Oprah helps, but the show stands on its own  Jan 15 2006, 04:08:35 PM
"I think that the majority of people are going to see this show becuase it's THE COLOR PURPLE. A movie (and a novel) that's very close to the heart of many Americans."

Couldn't the same be said for Little Women?

re: Adam Pascal Cds  Nov 28 2005, 08:24:00 PM
Then again, with Model Prisoner you get a whole bunch of different types of songs. :) More for your money? Sure, they are all different, but I really like all of them. But then again, I love mix CDs (always listening to my iPod on shuffle).

Plus I like saying the opposite of Emcee.

re: The Biggest Rent Fan?  Aug 31 2005, 01:04:34 PM
Thanks for the suggestion. Will do!
The Biggest Rent Fan? New Rent Blog.  Aug 31 2005, 12:47:32 PM
The newest blog on the Rent site is asking us to vote for the biggest RENThead and the winners will be sent to the premiere. I know who I voted for, what about you guys?

(I didn't see a thread on this, so if there is one I apologize!)

re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals  Aug 30 2005, 02:09:19 AM
"the fence humping in RENT during contact. *shudders* "

It all depends on who's doing that part. It could be hot or terrible.

re: The Pillowman Rush  Jul 30 2005, 07:07:53 PM
I am not sure if I am remembering correctly, but isn't the rush for students or anyone under 25 years old?
re: Congrats to Chitty Chitty!!!  Jul 20 2005, 12:16:09 PM
What did Raul say in that one interview that was recorded by video about Chitty? About some audiences being cynical? It was something how the show has everything: A flying car, great jokes, confetti, a guy getting carried into the ceiling at the end?

The show may not be perfect, but you have to be going in wanting to hate it to not enjoy yourself.

Congrats Chitty!

re: Date for RENT's Tenth Anniversary Benefit  Jul 15 2005, 12:58:34 PM
Logical? I think the right word is "Cheap"!

Campout? For what, August 4th?

re: Date for RENT's Tenth Anniversary Benefit  Jul 15 2005, 12:47:08 PM
As much as I would love to go to this, I am assuming money WILL be an issue. However, I don't think I will be that disappointed if I don't end up going. I feel very lucky to have gone to Adam and Daphne's concert at Kean University last year (and heard them sing Glory, Light My Candle, Out Tonight, and Another Day) and will be able to see most of the OBC reprise their role in the movie. You simply cannot go to every there is and have to pick and choose what you'd want to see. (Plus you can bet o
re: Cast recording in stores  Jul 12 2005, 10:30:02 PM
Which is why I hate Blockbuster. There are NO movie-musicals in any of them around me except Chicago and Phantom.
re: Piazza Stage Door  Jul 12 2005, 10:24:37 PM
There are exits on two levels. If you leave out the lower level (next to the Box Office) and make a left it will be there. If you are confused, ask one of the ushers and they should tell you.
re: Opinions on Eden Espinosa as Elphaba! plz!  Jul 12 2005, 10:22:42 PM
Never saw her in Wicked, but I saw her performance at Bryant Park last summer. I believe she sang The Wizard and I, As Long as You're Mine, and For Good. She was good. I liked her much better singing these songs then the ones from Brooklyn. My one comment was that it sounded like she was trying to make her voice deeper and it sounded awkward. Did anyone else pick up on that?
re: New Feature: What's Hot on BroadwayWorld.com?  Jul 12 2005, 10:09:48 PM
And as Paris Hilton would say, "Thas hot..."
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You