News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for AnythingGoes2

AnythingGoes2 Profile Photo
Member Name: AnythingGoes2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Follies performance at Tonys
 May 30 2012, 02:38:23 PM
Why aren't they doing "who's that woman" ?!
Musicals Consider the Best Ever...
 May 25 2012, 04:59:32 PM
Greatest musicals I would say are. Taking into consideration everything, awards, memorablity, scores covered, public, impact made to industry...

Showboat
Oklahoma
Guys and dolls
Porgy and Bess
Cabaret
West side story
Hair
La cage
Anything goes
Cats
Les Miserables
Phantom
Mamma Mia
Wicked
Lion King

Katie Finneran is Broadways new Hannigan.......
 May 25 2012, 01:40:23 PM
Expert casting. Loving it. Second Tony
Follies Broadway return for summer season ?
 May 19 2012, 09:41:46 AM
The revival had a running weekly cost of 625000 to 650000 and only towards the end of the run dipped below and in December did around that figure if not a bit more. August to October it turned a good profit. The marketing was those who want to pay will pay bucks so although audience figures dipped the avg cost of ticket paid was about 80 to 90 even towards the end. They never discounted huge offers until the last month.

If it came back I think they would put offers out.

I thin

Follies Broadway return for summer season ?
 May 18 2012, 07:14:05 AM
Acccording to a friend I have in the production, there are rumours that producers are being contacted to bring the show back to Broadway for a limited season from End of June to September. They are enthused that if they take home some Tomys and with Victoria Clark it could have an audience to fill up the theatres for a few months....

Victoria Clark, Harriet Harris, and Peter Bartlett join Cinderella
 Apr 25 2012, 12:45:13 PM
If your right for the role. Your right for for the role, and these are right for the roles!! Why must they ethnic cast at least a proportion of the roles if it doesn't depend on it.

GHOST The Musical Reivews
 Apr 24 2012, 03:18:29 AM
Critics wi,l take into account set designs crashing etc. I remember the opening night of My Fair Lady in London, we were waiting close to an hour during a tech hitch, but the show got raves.

The trouble with Ghost is it relies on the set and the graphics to bring the emotion almost entirely. The theatricality then is almost fake which thankfully Broadeay has picked up on. I share those opinion on over blown technical set designs, I kind of feel cheated during a live production to have e

Riedel: Kelli O'Hara in THE KING AND I coming to the Beaumont...
 Apr 18 2012, 04:21:27 AM
Matilda would fit very well in The Nederlander. Isn't Newsies supposedly a limited season? If not the Schubert would work too. Broadway theatre is way too big!! Isn't nutty professor after that?

Mamma won't budge I don't think for at least another 2 or 3 years. Richard Rogers would work well for War Horse.

Riedel: Kelli O'Hara in THE KING AND I coming to the Beaumont...
 Apr 18 2012, 04:21:19 AM
Matilda would fit very well in The Nederlander. Isn't Newsies supposedly a limited season? If not the Schubert would work too. Broadway theatre is way too big!! Isn't nutty professor after that?

Mamma won't budge I don't think for at least another 2 or 3 years. Richard Rogers would work well for War Horse.

Why 'The Witches of Eastwick' never made it to Bway?
 Apr 1 2012, 06:14:00 PM
Broadway was cancelled due to 9/11 and the West End production came off early due to tourism downturn. The show prior to 9/11 and moving into the Wales was doing well.
Caroline O'Connor to star in London revival of GYPSY
 Mar 28 2012, 03:56:49 PM
She is a great talent! He show is doing good trade... Few producers checked it out this week and more due, so who knows what life there could be..

London hasn't seen Gypsy since the early 70s with Angela Lansbury (who replaced Elaine Stritch due to low sales) at the Pixcadilly. Delores Grey closed the London show.

Cameron tried to bring the Tyne Daly 1990 Broadway show to London and it almost did a season at the Prince of Wales, but it fell apart. Chichester Festival Theatre fr

Cats - Why did it run for so long?
 Mar 21 2012, 07:02:03 AM
It was the first big musical to hit the West End and Broadway where it became possible for anyone to see theatre together. 5 to 95, any nationality could get cats and watch it. With the first of the mega marketing musical it became an event to see a show and started how we now produce and market shows. Cats though a mould away that was crumbling in the 70s with the demise of the golden age and took commercial theatre to a new way.
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 3/4/12
 Mar 5 2012, 05:25:24 PM
Priscilla and Sister Act can't last much longer...
Into the Woods Delacorte Theater Rumors: Meryl Streep as The Witch?
 Mar 2 2012, 06:20:22 PM
It would get a Broadway transfer for sure and sell out
Into the Woods Delacorte Theater Rumors: Meryl Streep as The Witch?
 Mar 2 2012, 06:05:52 PM
I will be on first plane of this happens to see this show on the first night
Bernatte Peters lackluster performance.....
 Feb 27 2012, 01:41:08 PM
I didn't care for her performance at all and ruined it the night I saw it. It couldn't hit the notes and she played the role so slowly it made made the production seem to last days and just plod along. Massive shame but she over thought the role.

Loosing My Mind should bring the house down, but it was so scratchy and done so boringly it didn't.

Julia M is the definitive Sally I think.

What roles Angela Lansbury could still play on stage?
 Feb 20 2012, 08:44:31 AM
Far too small of a role and it would never happen... The Bird Woman in Mary Poppins...

re: The REAL Broadway Legends!!!
 Feb 9 2012, 03:09:05 AM
Andrew Lloyd webber did I see?! No way!

jerry Herman, cole porter, jerome kern, gershwins ...

West End Productions That Were Supposed To Come To Broadway
 Jan 26 2012, 08:55:55 AM
Guys and Dolls Donmar would have ran on Broadway so much longer than the other production Broadway got.

Anything Goes and My Fair Lady from the NT were expected to transfer to Broadway

Cameron said he would transferred Witches to Broadway if it wasnt for 9/11

Will Michael Ball and Imelda Staunton travel to Broadway?
 Jan 1 2012, 10:57:29 PM
Going back to topic.

Can't see this transferring. It's going to be a tough sell in London and these are two good names for the West End, they aren't know in the states really. Plus it's only 6 years ago since the last revival...

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You