News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for faithzilla

faithzilla Profile Photo
Member Name: faithzilla
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

As If MAMMA MIA Wasn't Already Horrible Enough  Oct 20 2014, 10:00:21 PM
Whether you want to play the "why did you spend tons of money on this ticket to sit on your phone" game or not, using phones is distracting to EVERYONE. At Matilda some girls in front of us were texting the whole time and the little screens were so annoying (thankfully the usher asked them to stop...multiple times...). If ANYONE interprets "free wifi in every seat" to mean they can spend the whole show on their phone, that can affect the show experience of those around them.
CURIOUS INCIDENT... Reviews  Oct 20 2014, 12:32:59 PM
Thank you! That's very helpful!

Wonder if they will be billed together for awards season?

CURIOUS INCIDENT... Reviews  Oct 20 2014, 11:31:38 AM
Can someone explain to me why the role of Christopher needs an alternate so often? Is it that demanding of a role for an adult?

Also, if Taylor is getting the same billing as Alex, what does that mean come awards season? Would they share a nomination?

Cinderella on tour.  Oct 20 2014, 11:15:01 AM
"The biggest problem that I had with the show was the cast.
I missed the original cast more than I've ever missed a cast before."

I'm a huge fan of the OBC. Do you think seeing a different cast would likely just feel like a disappointment? Trying to decide if I should see Cinderella or BoM on tour this year...

The Doubt Movie  Oct 21 2013, 03:28:02 PM
Ok, no one kill me please, but was anyone else actually DISTRACTED by the whole snot running out of the nose business with Viola Davis? I thought she was absolutely amazing, but I kept thinking that in real life people wipe their noses and don't let snot pool into their mouths for the sake of drama.

That, along with the random jaunty angles, bothered me a bit. And I agree with most above about Hoffman's casting.

Cinderella rehearsal photos up  Jan 8 2013, 06:01:40 PM
I think it looks great. Everyone seems talented and attractive enough for their roles.

This looks like it's going to be a cute, beautiful, and fun show. It's not going to change the face of theatre. It's unlikely it's going to comment on the darker aspects of society. But it's going to be a great production where very talented people get to sing beautiful songs. And in my opinion, that's all it needs to be. A wonderful night at the theater.

NBC will release Smash  Jan 6 2013, 09:37:19 PM
Ok...I'm into it.
Daphne Rubin Vega as Fantine post-Hathaway  Jan 6 2013, 06:20:31 PM
I said helped, not fixed. I'm not a Daphne Rubin-Vega at all, in fact I don't really like her. I totally agree with you that her voice is too damaged and just wrong for the part. I just think that the new order of the songs could have helped her a little.
Daphne Rubin Vega as Fantine post-Hathaway  Jan 6 2013, 03:51:38 PM
I think Rubin Vega's rendition would have been helped by the new placement of the song (after the prostitution, etc). I think her raw sound would fit better in that case.
Toronto critic pans Anthony Rapp's WITHOUT YOU  Jan 6 2013, 03:47:32 PM
I'm not very surprised. The book felt equally self-indulgent. After the initial (only mildly interesting) tidbits about Larson and the beginning of Rent, it just dragged. The whole book would have faired much better as a simple essay discussing loss in his life and how Rent touches on that. It was boring enough to read the book over an extended period of time, I can't imagine having to sit through it.
Confirmed! Julia Roberts & Mark Ruffalo to Star in THE NORMAL HEART for HBO; Directed by Ryan Murphy for 2014  Jan 6 2013, 01:48:05 PM
I have a feeling Murphy may surprise people. It's not his original creation (nor a series requiring long-term consistency) and he seems very passionate about the project.

That may help. But supposedly Running with Scissors is awful, so...

(I'm not counting Eat Pray Love because I'm not sure that would ever have made a good movie anyways)

Samantha Barks as Elphaba?  Jan 5 2013, 07:18:29 PM
The thing about Wicked is that it was a complete phenomenon with young people. I'm currently 20 and I remember the complete fanaticism surrounding it by ALL people- not just the theatre kids. And 70% of these kids could not tell you that it was Idina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth they were singing along to. And 85% probably couldn't name 10 other musicals. So I have to agree that people of MY generation are going to be seeing it regardless of who's in it.

However, like I said before, th

Samantha Barks as Elphaba?  Jan 5 2013, 03:10:46 PM
I hope they'll be willing to cast unknowns! If anything they can throw some names into the roles that are slightly easier to sing, like Morrible and The Wizard.
Samantha Barks as Elphaba?  Jan 5 2013, 01:57:11 PM
The problem is, producers and the like are going to want big names, right? Will these future stars have to make a name for themselves in film first?
Samantha Barks as Elphaba?  Jan 5 2013, 01:46:47 PM
Wow she would make a wonderful Elphaba for the movie. I have to agree though, there's no way she could belt that song over and over for every take. They'd probably be smart to record it in this case.

I don't think that Defying Gravity video is anything special, but that is from 2008. She's obviously a much stronger vocalist now.

Confirmed! Julia Roberts & Mark Ruffalo to Star in THE NORMAL HEART for HBO; Directed by Ryan Murphy for 2014  Jan 5 2013, 02:51:37 AM
I don't hate American Horror Story or even Glee, but I think he's got a nice team of writers keeping him afloat. It seems that the episodes Murphy does most of the writing/directing on are suddenly way worse than the rest of the series, IMO.

I haven't seen Running with Scissors but Eat Pray Love was a train wreck.

Michael Feingold is worried...  Jan 4 2013, 09:11:44 PM
There's definitely a strange fixation with being real and natural right now. People I know in theatre have suddenly become obsessed with it. I love naturalism and realistic performances, but you can't forget that it is, in fact, a performance.

It reminds me Sacha Baron Cohen's and Helena Bonham Carter's strangely understated performances in Les Miserables. It simply wasn't funny because those characters should never be played so realistically. They must be caricatures otherwise they are

Confirmed! Julia Roberts & Mark Ruffalo to Star in THE NORMAL HEART for HBO; Directed by Ryan Murphy for 2014  Jan 4 2013, 09:00:20 PM
Too bad Ryan Murphy destroys all that he touches. Sigh.
Recordings of Broadway Plays  Jan 4 2013, 06:16:15 PM
Thank you all! This is very helpful!
Recordings of Broadway Plays  Jan 4 2013, 04:41:57 PM
Where do video recordings of Broadway plays go? In some secret hidden vault?

I've been dying to see videos of plays (Proof in particular) but they appear to have been recorded for posterity (since there's clips for the Tonys) and can't be viewed by the public.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You