News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Not_the_cool_table

Not_the_cool_table Profile Photo
Member Name: Not_the_cool_table
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Broadway Cast of Rock of Ages
 Feb 15 2009, 06:50:51 PM
Awesome! I LOVE "OH CALCUTTA!!" I heard Elaine Stritch is doing that production too. Is that confirmed?!
re: Rock of Ages Video Shoot today?
 Feb 12 2009, 03:55:36 PM

re: My thoughts on THE STORY OF MY LIFE (spoiler alert)
 Feb 11 2009, 07:11:50 PM
I think the success of a show is most often defined by the number of non-theater folk that turn out to see it. (musical theater fans will usually turn out, even out of curiosity, no matter what) Unfortunately this feels like a show for the most fervent of musical theater goers and not really for the masses. I am very curious to go see it, but especially from watching that clip of them singing on TV, I can't imagine non-theater folk racing to buy a ticket.
re: if Xanadu can make it....
 Feb 9 2009, 06:44:50 PM
"Mac and Me" would be pretty genius. that movie rules! Also, Vanilla Ice's "Cool As Ice" could be pretty sweet.
re: Favorite Breakfast Spot
 Feb 9 2009, 03:37:47 PM
Walk up the street to The Parker Meridian. Nobody can touch that breakfast.
re: What are your favorite places to eat in the city?
 Feb 8 2009, 07:35:28 PM
They also have a "Rock Of Ages" Root Beer Float that sounds crazy. I think they put Pop Rocks in it.
re: Of those now gone, which Broadway performer would you have loved to see
 Feb 8 2009, 07:43:35 AM
Marlon Brando with a bullet
re: What are your favorite places to eat in the city?
 Feb 8 2009, 07:42:49 AM
Burger Joint at The Parker Meridian Hotel.
re: Shrek Was Great
 Feb 7 2009, 09:04:39 PM
I gotta say I really enjoyed it myself.
re: Question for the people who think Shrek has an unmemorable score.
 Feb 4 2009, 07:30:38 PM
Not to slam you in any way, but you should really listen to more scores.
re: Nothing really important on Broadway these past 35 years?
 Jan 22 2009, 10:30:39 PM
also, (as an example) remember people walked out of "West Side Story" when it came on the scene. Scholars will never look at recent contributions as "classics" or in some cases even noteworthy. 35 years is a bit ridiculous, though. Many things have irrevocably shaped theater in that time... for good and bad. All the shows mentioned before (Rent, A Chorus Line, etc...) have proven to be landmark achievements.

"Those who can't do, teach. And those who can't teach... teach gym." <

Would Next to Normal be competitive?
 Jan 21 2009, 02:50:19 PM
not to be "it's about money" but you can never take out of the equation that [tos] is no longer playing and especially in this economic time the broadway community NEEDS people to come to the theater again and support shows that people can come to NYC and see. It may factor into which shows are nominated. But then again, who knows. I've seen ROA but not [tos] or Story Of My Life, so I can't comment on which is more worthy. Although I will say that ROA is the most clever and fun jukebox music
Would Next to Normal be competitive?
 Jan 20 2009, 06:32:01 PM
I think Wicked Rocks has a pretty solid prediction

BILLY ELLIOT, 9 TO 5, ROCK OF AGES, and SHREK

I think of all the shows eligible these particular shows will also provide the most entertaining telecast. Fun numbers for the TV audience.

re: 2009 Best Musical Tony Award
 Jan 20 2009, 07:28:29 AM
Billy Elliot, 9 to 5, Shrek, and Rock of Ages sounds right to me too. WIth Billy Elliot as the obvious favorite and ROA being a dark horse (rumor is the re-tooling for the broadway transfer is actually going really well)
re: Can you think of a show where...
 Jan 20 2009, 12:29:16 AM
Taylor Hicks breezing in to play Teen Angel in Grease. Talk about the easiest job in showbiz.
re: Into the Woods representing AIDS
 Jan 16 2009, 11:43:06 PM
I can't tell you how many times in college I would have some professor talk about the hidden meanings and metaphors represented in various films or plays, only to find out from the authors (or filmmakers through DVD commentary) that many of those "hidden meanings" were just accidents or flat out unintentional. Which once again proves Woody Allen's take on the old saying, "Those who can't do, teach. And those who can't teach, teach gym."
re: STAGE TUBE: Will Ferrell's TV Commercial That Was Pulled from ABC and C
 Jan 16 2009, 07:42:50 PM
telling an audience that they are D-bags if they don't come to his show is pretty ballsy and funny if you ask me... especially on network tv. If only Patti LuPone did that as an ad for "Gypsy." They'd erect a statue of her in times square :)
re: STAGE TUBE: Will Ferrell's TV Commercial That Was Pulled from ABC and C
 Jan 16 2009, 05:18:17 PM
A...mazing.
safe hotel in times square?
 Jan 15 2009, 06:55:43 PM
I'm sorry but The Edison is disgusting! I wouldn't stay there if you paid me. I was supposed to stay there and the minute I walked in my room I turned around. There were mystery stains everywhere. Just look at the Lobby if you don't believe me. The couches are stained brown where people's heads have rested for a ba-zillion years. Gives me scabies just thinking about it.

I'd stay at The Hudson. It's not in Time Square (just a few blocks up on 58th) but it's cool, hip, (rooms are

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You