News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CompanyFan

Member Name: CompanyFan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Company on screen
 Jun 19 2011, 08:09:24 AM
I loved the 2006 revival for one reason--Raul Esparza. He really was that good as Bobby. Seeing him live was one of my favorite Broadway experiences.

In fact, he made up for the rest of the show.

The Lincoln Center version of Company was actually more enjoyable overall.

Company on screen
 Jun 17 2011, 09:44:23 PM
I saw this last night, too. No intermission but no technical glitches either. The theater was about 3/4 full.

I LOVED it. I'd seen the show at Lincoln Center (and, of course, loved seeing it live). My only complaint was that our seats were really far back. (I waited too long to decide to fly to NYC for the performance and all the good seats were gone.) Anyway, I loved having the opportunity, last night, to have a close-up view of the actors.

This is my favorite show, and I like

Sondheim Gala at City Center! WOW!
 Apr 28 2010, 06:21:13 PM
I also planned a trip to NYC to see the gala. I loved every minute of it. My personal favorite was Raul Esparza singing "Being Alive," but there were so many other great moments. Nathan Lane and Debra Monk were wonderful and funny, and it was so touching to see Angela Lansbury and Len Cariou.

I'd never been to City Center before. I was in the second row of the gallery, and I still felt as though I had to lean forward to see the stage. And, by the time we arrived, they'd run out of Playb

City Center's Sondheim birthday concert...
 Jan 21 2010, 05:43:58 PM
Any advice on seating at City Center? I've never been.
re: Try to list every Broadway musical you've ever seen.
 Nov 8 2009, 03:21:53 PM
On Broadway:

1978 - Dancin'
1978 - Working
(long, dry spell between visits)
1997 - Rent
1998 - Forbidden Broadway Strike Back! (oh, wait, that's off-Broadway)
1999 - Les Miz
2000 - Kiss Me, Kate
2001 - The Producers
2001 - contact
2007 - Company
2007 - Mamma Mia!
2007 - Jersey Boys
2009 - West Side Story (2)
2009 - Guys and Dolls
2009 - Avenue Q
2009 - Hair

In Washington (Sondheim Celebration)

2002 - A Little

re: The Perfect Musical?
 Mar 8 2009, 12:12:33 PM
I completely agree about Company (especially when "Marry Me a Little" is included), Sweeney Todd, and Kiss Me, Kate. I'd add A Little Night Music.
re: Which Broadway performers have you seen in Law & Order?
 Feb 12 2009, 05:59:37 PM
"Judy Kuhn was a battered wife (and you couldn't even tell it was her"

She also played a doctor who's in the show for all of about five minutes. The last we see of her is when she dives into a pool.

And Brad Oscar's turn was even briefer. I spotted him just after I'd seen "The Producers" and was shocked at how small his role was. If you blinked, you'd miss him.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You