News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for snarkywannabedreamer

snarkywannabedreamer Profile Photo
Member Name: snarkywannabedreamer
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

MCG TO HELM SPRING AWAKENING MUSICAL MOVIE
 May 15 2010, 08:40:58 PM
They may try to get Jonas Brother, iCarly, Miley, Taylor Lautner, Taylor Swift, Jordan Sparks, but I doubt any of them would want to be in this film. They (or their reps) will get the script, not understand a word, see that it isn't commercial in the least, and pass. This will be an art house movie. Or a studio film disguised as an art house and cater not to mass teen audiences but to the "award giving" crowd inside the industry. That is the only way they will get the public to pay attention
MCG TO HELM SPRING AWAKENING MUSICAL MOVIE
 May 14 2010, 10:04:40 PM
I think it could be a cool movie but I don't know how one can say this is will be a "huge money maker." The material is incredibly inaccessible to a large portion of the typical movie going audience.
Aaron Sorkin on the Setoodeh/Newsweek thing
 May 13 2010, 12:32:53 PM
Aaron is absolutely right. It is the Perez Hilton's and TMZ's of the world that are ruining things for actors... and in truth, many actors themselves since so many buy into that machine and tip TMZ off when they are eating at some sushi place in LA as if we care. I always have had more respect for the actors that keep it about the work and not about their private lives... and for the actors that sadly get caught in this when they don't want to (the Jen Anistons, etc...) I turn to the US weekly
Is a lead actor's personal politics a good enough reason to avoid seeing a
 May 2 2010, 11:46:24 AM
this is my two cents...

If your own political beliefs are so fragile that you have to ask a stupid message board whether you should act on them or not then they really aren't strong enough warrant boycotting a show... or acting out in any political way frankly. Grow a pair and decide for yourself if you can stomach his politics enough to watch a drag queen musical!

Next to Normal/Rock of Ages Lottery
 Apr 18 2010, 02:43:22 PM
what is disorganized about it? Please explain.
So, is MEMPHIS going to win BEST SCORE by default?
 Apr 16 2010, 12:09:36 PM
God I hope not. I would take a straight up showtune over a showtune TRYING but failing to be "Memphis soul" any day. Strictly musically speaking, Addams Family is at least authentic to what it is trying to achieve. To me, Memphis is the Broadway equivalent of a Pat Boone cover.
What is the most obscure but brilliant musical you love?
 Apr 16 2010, 12:05:09 PM
it may not be super obscure but it's old and therefor off a lot of people's radar but I love Noel Coward's "Sail Away." The lyrics still hold up and at times are still really really funny.
Reviews for Broadway's Rock of Ages
 Apr 15 2010, 10:07:03 PM
Emily is great. go see it. the cast is fantastic.

walliemo, this was simply a misunderstanding... you thought I was talking to you and I thought your second post was from the original poster. (I apologies for not paying attention to your name... I was reading the post and it read as a defense of the post itself to me so I thought that was who posted it)

anyway, snoooooore. can we please take this thread out back and shoot it in the back of the head!?

Apr 15 2010, 09:50:24 PM
i think the confusion is that I was responding to Jordan's post (one that had nothing to do with you as well) and adam's post (that did refer to you) slipped in while I was typing so I guess you assumed I found your question about Emily fishy. The thread itself is what I think is a bore not your question about Emily (which has been talked about on numerous posts as well, FYI)
 Apr 15 2010, 09:43:03 PM
"I apologize to Jordan Catalano, adam greer, snarkywannabedreamer and star struck who all seem to have a problem with me because I asked an innocent question."

You included me in this group of people you think did you wrong but if you were paying attention you would see that my first post had nothing to do with you and was directed to the originator of this post. So I guess it is you who should follow your own advice and make sure you're directing your comments to the right person. T

Apr 15 2010, 10:29:25 AM
maybe put THAT info in your post instead of a blanket "post your reviews here." Like I said, I love this show but this topic has been posted to death- about every show on broadway. If you really are new and coming to nyc and all that you will find a thread with all the fan reviews you need on any show already posted. plus, (as a fan of the show- a show that is often maligned on here) your new thread just made me groan because it opens the already tired criticisms from snobs that this isn't "q
 Apr 13 2010, 09:31:04 PM
i like the show and I was thinking the same thing... smells fishy... or cheesy... can't decide.
Rock of Ages USHER
 Apr 11 2010, 04:09:41 PM
what a doucher.

first off, there isn't a show on broadway that let's you take "one little picture," you dumbass.

secondly, unless you are in the HIGH six figures you are simply living middle class in today's economy and have nothing to brag about. Sorry, Richie Rich.

Riedel: Could 'Promises' be receiving some rewrites?
 Apr 10 2010, 07:06:02 AM
And lets all hold our breath for the award show Riedel and his frustrated, "wish I had the talent to actually do what I pick apart each day" band of f*#ktards get on television in the near future.

What he fails to realize is the reality that when it comes to Broadway other than The Times the rest of these clowns are just noise.

Shows within a show that you'd want to see.
 Apr 9 2010, 05:17:31 PM
"Encino Hot Tub Police" from ROA
2009 Best Musical Nominees
 Mar 28 2010, 09:57:53 PM
how can you tell the poster's tone from a single written sentence? you must be a wizard!
Me Singing 'Who I'd Be' - from SHREK
 Mar 26 2010, 08:27:49 PM
really nice tone. Great voice. I guess since you are asking my only constructive criticism I would have is to work on how you approach the song from an acting standpoint. I hear moments of your Scottish brogue popping in and out so I would work on that dialect (especially if playing this part someday is something you really do dream of doing) and from a character point of view I would also work on gruffing your performance up a bit- come from the point of view of that a man (or ogre) rather
New Patrick Wilson movie... Patty like you've never seen!
 Mar 6 2010, 08:56:55 AM
who doesn't! :) I'd take an "anti-hero" over a "hero" anyday.
New Patrick Wilson movie... Patty like you've never seen!
 Mar 5 2010, 09:34:52 PM
Read that Patrick is twittering as this character now... pretty funny stuff. I think you type in B Mundo. (I assume a nickname of his character Barry Munday?)
pre show announcements
 Mar 4 2010, 09:54:42 PM
Nice piece.

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/soundcheck/episodes/2010/03/04

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You