News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NativeChelsea

Member Name: NativeChelsea
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 33 Variations
 Feb 27 2009, 09:34:14 PM
I'm somewhat loathe to add fuel to the fire, but for the record, I actually had to google "shill" to find out what the haters were shouting about.

Sorry to disappoint, I'm just a fan. And, planning to see the show again in 2 weeks.

ps, thanks for chiming in with the support "iamdangoodman"

re: Blithe Spirit 1st preview
 Feb 27 2009, 09:15:09 PM
To answer a few questions, based on last night's performance:

- the show was over at 10:45pm

- the TDF seats were absolutely fine, rear mezz, off to the side, great view

- none of my party could hear Angela well at ALL -- I thought she was having some serious mic issues but nothing was adjusted during intermission.

- The first 10 minutes were so painfully slow I practically forgot what play I was seeing, and overall the show needs major cuts, as it drags horri

This Beautiful City
 Feb 22 2009, 05:04:44 PM
I saw This Beautiful City last week and was blown away with the sharp, witty, and poignant performances by the entire cast. I know the subject matter (the Evangelical Church movement in Colorado Springs) won't appeal to everyone, and I wasn't sure it would appeal to me, but it was in fact quite interesting. I had read that the play was supposed to be even-handed, to show both/all sides of the story. I have to say, I laughed my ass off throughout the show; the entire cast was brilliantly funn
Mary Poppins - Great for Tourists
 Feb 15 2009, 04:27:01 PM
I saw Mary Poppins 2 weeks ago with visitors from overseas and they *loved it*. I highly recommend this for tourists with young children. I have to say, personally, I found the production rather painful.... the performances were absolutely fine, but the changes and additions to the plot were awkward and not compelling. The musical numbers from the movie are so memorable and wonderful, so I'm not sure how they managed to pull off such a tiresome production. In my opinion, "Step In Time" was t
33 Variations
 Feb 15 2009, 03:25:39 PM
I saw 33 Variations this week in previews and loved it! Jane Fonda delivers a wonderful performance, and the rest of the cast was fantastic. Moises Kaufman's story is interesting and moving, and music lovers in particular are sure to enjoy the play. I'm really curious to see how the play continues to take shape (I read on Jane Fonda's blog that they are making changes daily). Such a joy to see fresh, new, compelling theatre!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You