News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jgssf

Jgssf Profile Photo
Member Name: Jgssf
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Justin Guarini debut in American Idiot  Mar 2 2011, 07:59:31 AM
thanks so much. I'm glad you enjoyed the performance and that he was fantastic in the part. Ive seen him in concert and he puts on a great show. He is also a really really nice guy. I read that his look was changed for this show and that there were a lot of hairstyle meetings. Id love to see a picture. Can you tell more about what he sang and what his character is about and does? I hope to see the show this summer when I get back to New York
Thanks!

Justin Guarini debut in American Idiot  Mar 2 2011, 12:10:35 AM
Justin debuted as Will in American Idiot tonight.
I wish I could've been there, but perhaps those who see the show can provide some feedback on his performance? Any pictures?
Thanks so much!
Break a leg Justin!

WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!  Nov 4 2010, 09:02:33 PM
What an exciting night! Congratulations to Justin on his Broadway Debut, and to the entire cast. Break a leg!
Justin Guarini's Broadway Debut-Congratulations!  Nov 4 2010, 08:33:58 PM
Congratulations Justin on your Broadway Debut!
Your family, friends and fans are all so happy for you and very very proud. You've worked hard your whole life for this and finally the dream comes true. It could't happen to a nicer guy too. Break a leg!

WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!  Oct 28 2010, 11:26:17 PM
Happy Birthday Justin!
Wishing you lots of success and happiness and many more wonderful Broadway Birthdays to come!

WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!  Oct 18 2010, 07:47:23 PM
Here's another really good interview. This one is with Patti LuPone about the show, how it's going, how she feels about the other actors, what they're trying to convey etc. Very insiteful!

http://www.broadway.com/shows/women-verge-nervous-breakdown/buzz/153946/patti-lupone-dishes-about-women-on-the-verge-rockers-on-broadway-more/
Broadway.com | Patti LuPone Dishes About Women on the Verge, Rockers

WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!  Oct 18 2010, 09:44:12 AM
Here is an interview you might enjoy reading. If anyone finds other interviews from the cast, can you please post them?
There seems to be such a disconnect between what is posted on this site and comments I read elsewhere where people really enjoyed the show. The actors seem to be very positive about the show too. I can't imagine with the calibre of talent in this production that it won't come together well to make an enjoyable show.
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/143917-DIVA-TALK-Chatting-with-Women-on-the-Verge-of-a-Nervous-Breakdowns-DeAdre-Aziza/all

WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!  Oct 15 2010, 05:10:36 AM
I wish I could be in New York to see the show, but I cant, so I have to be satisfied reading everyones descriptions about what its like.
Can someone please tell me a little more about Justin's part and how he's doing? (i havent seen the movie) I saw him at Vassar when he was in the Good Vibrations workshop where there was a lot of singing and dancing and he was fantastic, and Ive seen him in concert where he put on a great show and his voice is beautiful, but this is his first time on broa

WOMEN ON THE VERGE OF A NERVOUS BREAKDOWN begins previews TONIGHT!  Oct 8 2010, 10:42:26 PM
The singing, the dancing, the sets, the acting. I want to hear all the details! What was the best part of the show and did the audience have a great time?
And I want to hear how Justin did in his Broadway debut!

Justin Guarini!  Oct 8 2010, 07:54:28 PM
I can only imagine how it must feel to walk out on a Broadway stage in front of an audience for the very first time. It must be an incredibly moving, humbling and magical moment when everything a person has worked so hard for and dreamed of is about to come true.
Justin is just about to step onto the stage at the Belasco theater to make his Broadway debut in Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown. It couldn't happen to a nicer more deserving guy. His fans, friends and family are so pro

The Official WOMEN on THE VERGE / BELASCO...thread  Sep 17 2010, 09:11:36 PM
found this tidbit on the internets. sounds great!

" I just saw the opening dance number for the second act. Oh My God!!! Lifts, aerials, salsa...pure grace and sex appeal on the stage. Wow!"

First photo of Sherie Rene Scott, Patti LuPone, and Laura Benanti in costum  Sep 4 2010, 10:16:56 AM
They look great. Now I can't wait to see what they've done to the guys! From what I've read, everyone looks amazing, the makeup and costume dept is stellar, and although you can see that Justin cut his hair, he will be wearing a wig too!
The Official WOMEN on THE VERGE / BELASCO...thread  Aug 28 2010, 12:49:53 AM
thanks for starting this thread. I would love to hear how the process leading up to opening night is going. Anyone have any behind the scenes stories to report?
Yet another 'what should I see?' thread...  Aug 24 2010, 11:48:26 PM
I just saw Wicked. I thought it was fantastic and Mandy Gonzalez who played Elphaba was amazingly talented. I would see it again and I definitely recommend it. Next up though on my list to see is Women on the Verge....
WOMEN ON THE VERGE pricing?  Aug 24 2010, 11:44:32 PM
when do tickets go on sale for the general public? What a cast. Its going to be a great show!
Justin Guarini Joins WOMEN ON THE VERGE; Full Cast Set  Aug 21 2010, 10:28:30 PM
Sherie Rene Scott is terrific. I saw her as Ursula in Little Mermaid. I know Ive seen Patti Lupone but I cant remember what she was in. Noises off maybe with Peter Gallagher?
Today I went to see Wicked. I really loved every aspect of the show and Mandy Gonzalez as Elphaba was incredible. What an amazing talent!
Justin is going to surprise and impress you with his talent too. Give him a chance. You'll see.

Justin Guarini Joins WOMEN ON THE VERGE; Full Cast Set  Aug 20 2010, 01:40:55 AM
Congratulations to Justin on his Broadway debut!
Justin is extremely talented and I look forward to seeing him along with the rest of the wonderful cast in this new show!
btw this is what Justin looks like now. Handsome enough for ya?

"Jazzed for Justin's new C.D"!  Nov 28 2005, 08:39:29 PM
"Jazzed for Justin's New C.D"!

Justin Guarini's Fans are very pleased to be able to share the good news with our friends at BroadwayWorld.com that his much anticipated new Jazz Album will be released in December!

If you would like to find out more about the Jazz cd and be notified immediately upon its release, please email JustinsJazzCD@aol.com

The new C.D will be released in December, but here is what we know now.
This is a C.D that Justin is ver

Loved All Shook Up and another Cheyenne Jackson Fan is born!  May 8 2005, 12:16:08 AM
Well I went to see All Shook Up tonight and I really enjoyed it!
It was a lot of fun, very entertaining and there are some really outstanding performers in this show. I think Sharon Wilkins is a show stopper. What a voice and what a presence.
Jenn was talented and adorable. Nikki James is very good. The ensemble worked well together . It was funny. The storyline was derived from shakespeare (i had seen helen hunt do basically the same play at lincoln center) The scenery was clever w

re: How Broadway Lost Its Voice to 'American Idol'  Mar 26 2005, 06:55:19 PM
"That's the whole point- the American Idol ethos that Brantley is decrying is all about vocal technique without heart or individuality."

And the one time they finally had someone who could sing with subtlety and nuance. Who understood how to "portray" a song with his voice as well as his whole body. Who could caress a song and truly convey the passion and emotion of it. Someone who didnt scream and carry on with histrionics, Justin Guarini, they practically crucified him.
Now he

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You