News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jenna Maroney

Jenna Maroney Profile Photo
Member Name: Jenna Maroney
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Patina Miller Out of Pippin Tonight Stephanie Pope in
 May 7 2013, 05:02:00 PM
I've only seen this production once so far, on Sunday as well. While I was quite disappointed to hear Miller was out, Pope did a fantastic job. Unless Miller is the second coming of Ben Vereen, I can't imagine the show suffers significantly because we don't see the Leading Player do nifty tricks.

I'd say that Martin is more essential to the production than Miller - given how little rehearsal Pope had, I can't imagine the Berthe u/s would be properly trained - and so Martin being out wou

Guess Papermill's Season!
 Mar 12 2013, 11:26:05 AM
And while we're at it, it's Paper Mill. TWO WORDS. It never fails to crack me up that people on this board love to point out (often in smug ways) whenever someone's name is spelled incorrectly, but allow the continued mangling of a major theater's name. I'm as big a pedant as the bulk of you, and one of the hallmarks of this character trait is a demand for consistency.
Mitch Leigh's bizarre commercial....
 Jan 4 2013, 10:39:55 AM
Is this even legal? I would think that his criterion for "really nice people" violates the Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity laws.

Here's the site and ad: http://www.jacksontwentyone.com/about-the-dream . What's with the cheesy Papyrus font?

Nederlander Theatre Marquee
 Nov 16 2012, 05:23:12 PM
Ugh. Reminds me of

Don't Dress For Dinner
 Mar 30 2012, 09:36:34 PM
I've never seen Boeing-Boeing - will I be lost?

And what's the runtime?

Sondheim is 82 tomorrow!
 Mar 22 2012, 01:46:57 AM
As it should be.
Sondheim is 82 tomorrow!
 Mar 22 2012, 01:30:23 AM
It always amuses me that he shares his birthday with ALW. I wonder if they send each other "it's OUR birthday, aren't we awesome?" cards. Hallmark actually makes them - I know because my mother-in-law gives them to me for my, erm, OUR birthday.
Show tunes appropriate for a first dance
 Jan 9 2012, 09:39:55 AM
We used Bernadette's "Being Alive."
Sweeney Todd in Paris - Stunning!
 Aug 29 2011, 10:59:07 PM
I was there in early May. I wasn't paying attention to the French supertitles ... sorry. I did notice that the guy playing Sweeney (I believe he was the alternate) messed up at one point in the song. How do you mess up "A Little Priest"?

I really dislike that theater, which I believe was constructed as a concert hall, and not meant for theater. We were seated slightly to the side, but we missed half the action.

How often to amateur productions include 'Tick Tock' and (replicate?) the o
 May 17 2011, 09:46:17 PM
American University used different choreography...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNgzVp4Bu88

I can't tell if she's trying to say something with the dance, or if she's just dusting off her preteen ballet class moves.

I know "Tick Tock" has been pretty much declared unnecessary, but I love the music, April and Bobby have some amusing lines, and the "I love yous" reinforce the show's theme. And did I mention I love the music?

I realize that the number was designed to give Kathy her "moment" in the show, but if there isn't a suitable dancer or choreography, couldn't the number be performed without dancing? (I'm thinking dark stage, or as a score to a sex scene.)

Wonderland reviews?
 Apr 18 2011, 09:04:47 AM
I bet they'll use this pull quote from the Bergen Record [ http://www.northjersey.com/arts_entertainment/theater/120045819_Theater_review___Wonderland__.html ] ...

"Wonderland" is the kind of musical Stephen Sondheim would write – in his worst nightmare.

re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread
 Apr 17 2011, 11:54:19 PM
A college group at DC's American University tackles "Tick Tock" from Company. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNgzVp4Bu88

I commend them for doing that number (and yay for the vocals), since aside from the Philharmonic concert, it's been pretty much lost to history. I also commend the dancer for not trying to replicate Michael Bennett.

Perhaps there are issues with the dancing, but my attention goes to April and Robert, who look and sound awkward. OK, thoughts during sex can be rather awkward, but Bobby descended into Michael Cera territory. What really bugs me is that Bobby always struck me as someone who'd take his freaking socks off.

French characters
 Mar 21 2011, 11:58:43 PM
Jacqueline in La Cage
Madame Giry in POTO

If I'm not mistaken, they're the only characters with French accents in their respective France-set shows.

All That Chat board down
 Jan 19 2011, 02:50:28 PM
"Remember when they banned the use of names of fictional characters as handles?"

I tried to sign up for ATC with this username, and I was rejected. I didn't bother to try a new handle.

What's the SAN FRANCISCO production of 'Wicked' like?
 Jul 26 2010, 10:21:17 AM
I blame these ladies: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LUie81E82k

When I went to school in Boston, we were told not to call the city "Beantown." But it seemed to be more of a minor irritant. Otherwise, NKOTB wouldn't have kept calling themselves the "Beantown Posse."

RAIN: A Tribute to the Beatles to Play Neil Simon Starting Oct. 19
 Jun 8 2010, 11:56:57 AM
It's clearly a placeholder for Phantom II: Electric Boogaloo.

And I always heard The Fab Faux were supposed to be a better Beatles tribute.

Jennifer Love Hewitt: I'm looking at possibly doing Broadway
 Jun 4 2010, 08:58:18 PM
How about Hair? Of course, her vajazzling may be a distraction.
South Pacific Closing Date...?
 Jan 11 2010, 12:11:36 AM
For what it's worth, a splashy billboard for the show was put up on 495 about a week ago, leading to the Jersey entrance of the Lincoln Tunnel. (It's the billboard that's usually booked by Abdominalcrombie & Fitch.)
A Chorus Line tour resumes in Houston tonight
 Jan 5 2010, 09:21:21 PM
ACL2006, I remember your sig used to list a stop in New Brunswick in March. Did that fall through?
re: RAGTIME sets a new standard for musical revivals
 Nov 20 2009, 02:53:19 PM
skittles, I was there last night and assumed the applause during Coalhouse Demands was coming from a newsboy's family or friends. It was clearly concentrated among a few seats.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You