News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for musicalqueen101

musicalqueen101 Profile Photo
Member Name: musicalqueen101
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

If you LOVE showtunes, then I'd LOVE your help!  Nov 6 2012, 11:01:31 PM
You're not at all common! And two heads are better than one! Thanks for your great suggestions!
If you LOVE showtunes, then I'd LOVE your help!  Nov 5 2012, 10:19:48 PM
This week's theme is Carpe Diem--songs that inspire you to go out and live for today. So this means "Sieze the Day" and "Once In A Lifetime", "Vivez", and what else?

Thanks bunches ye geniuses! :)

If you LOVE showtunes, then I'd LOVE your help!  Oct 27 2012, 07:57:18 PM
If you don't want to help, then don't. As far as I'm concerned there is nothing in this query that requires ugliness. You may run your radio show as you see fit.
If you LOVE showtunes, then I'd LOVE your help!  Oct 27 2012, 12:12:04 AM
Hello lovelies! I'm back again to ask for your fabulous help! I should explain for those of you who've asked about tuning in, that I use my own name on air and so am uncertain whether or not having you all tune in would be wise in a security sense. But don't think that I'm ungrateful for your help bc I am really very beholden to you!

THIS WEEK'S THEME: Broadway Rocks! Rock Operas/Musicals, Jukebox musicals, rock numbers in musical shows, etc. This means music from Memphis, Chess, Jesus Christ Superstar, Rock of Ages, Tommy, etc.

Have fun and thanks again!!!

If you LOVE showtunes, then I'd LOVE your help!  Oct 17 2012, 11:43:11 PM
No, not at all! I'm sorry if that was unclear--I totally play musicals from other countries! :)

You all have lots of great ideas! THANKS! :)

If you LOVE showtunes, then I'd LOVE your help!  Oct 17 2012, 01:17:55 AM
Hello lovely fellow fans! I'm the host of a weekly one-hour radio show which features the fabulous glorious music of the American stage and screen musical. I'll play almost anything including traditional showtunes, vaudeville hits, operettas, Disney--even Labyrinth, BUT only if it fits my weekly theme.

After 6.5 years, I need YOUR help coming up with new themes and playlists!

THIS WEEK'S THEME: Send Me A Soprano. Tell me who your favorite Broadway sopranos are and what song I s

Showtunes lovers, come to my aid!  Aug 21 2012, 12:52:12 PM
Hello lovelies! Another theme to pick your brain! THIS WEEK'S THEME: When non-singers go musical; performers like Louis Jordan in Gigi, Lauren Bacall in Applause, Rex Harrison in My Fair Lady, etc.

Have fun!!

Showtunes lovers, come to my aid!  Jul 20 2012, 03:09:56 PM
THIS WEEK'S THEME: Drop That Name, songs mentioning celebrities, songs like Drop That Name, They Like Ike, Great Big Stuff, It's You, etc.

Have fun! I'm sure you'll be able to come up with some good ones for this one! :)

And thanks again for all of your wonderful help!

Showtunes lovers, come to my aid!  Jul 10 2012, 11:30:38 AM
Another week, another theme!

THIS WEEK'S THEME: Way Out West; songs evoking a western feel. This means singing cowboys, dancing Native Americans, and the like!

Go to it! :)

Showtunes lovers, come to my aid!  Jul 2 2012, 03:42:49 PM
THIS WEEK'S THEME: Hooray U.S.A.! In honor of the 4th of July, I want songs that glorify America and what it means to be American. We can afford some gross flag-waving once a year! I know Broadway's full of these songs, so let's see what we come up with! :) From "Yankee Doodle Dandy" to "America" we're sure to have a great show!

Also, have a happy Independence Day!

Showtunes lovers, come to my aid!  Jun 23 2012, 07:30:20 PM
Hello all! :) Thanks again for all of your wonderful suggestions!
This week we've got an easy one....

THIS WEEK'S THEME: Falling, fall, fell, etc.

CURRENT PLAYLIST:
Falling Slowly--Once
The Fall--Xanadu
Falling In Love With Love--The Boys From Syracuse
As The World Falls Down--Labyrinth
Fallin'--They're Playing Our Song

What others can you come up with? It doesn't just have to be falling in love. Have fun! :)

Showtunes lovers, come to my aid!  Jun 10 2012, 07:16:26 PM
Happy Tony Day! Thanks so much for your help with last week, I think it turned out very well.

THIS WEEK'S THEME: Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes; any songs mentioning parts of the body (often) so songs like "Your Feets Too Big" or "The Nose Song", etc. NOTE: I already did a show with songs featuring eyes, so I won't want anything about eyes.

I can't wait to hear what you geniuses come up with! :)

Showtunes lovers, come to my aid!  Jun 5 2012, 12:50:16 PM
Hello my lovelies! After a month hiatus I'm back to do new shows and I need your help!

THIS WEEK'S THEME: Royalty; song sung by or about Kings, Queens, Princes, Princesses, Dukes, Duchesses, Vicomtes, Dons, Doges, etc. (The point is, it doesn't just have to be English nobility.)

To those of you who have often wanted to listen to the show, I'm unsure whether I should release that information as I use my real name and refer to locations on the air.

Showtunes lovers, come to my aid!  Apr 17 2012, 07:34:30 PM
THIS WEEK'S THEME: songs having to do with athletics, from Damn Yankees to the Ascott Gavotte--note not simply sports but athletics--runners, polo players, cyclists, etc. NOT dancers, only bc I've done dance based shows before.

I have some ideas, but I want to hear what you come up with! So go to it! I should say that I SADLY cannot play "What A Game" bc of the racial slurs and cursing.

Showtunes lovers, come to my aid!  Apr 17 2012, 07:29:55 PM
I really like the idea of the disguise theme. I'll definitely have to use it sometime! :)

Showtunes lovers, come to my aid!  Apr 17 2012, 07:23:21 PM
I've considered doing an "I Want" show, but as you can see that's so numerous, so broad that it doesn't make for one themed show. BUT I appreciate your enthusiasm! :)
Showtunes lovers, come to my aid!  Mar 21 2012, 01:10:37 AM
Hello to you all! First of all let me say thanks so much for all of the great suggestions!! You're making my great job a whole lot easier! I've had good momentum for a few weeks, but do I need your help with this week's show. Last semester I did a show with the theme "on the wrong side of the law" featuring songs about rogues, thieves, con men, murderers etc. Now I want to do the flip, so:

THIS WEEK'S THEME: On the Right Side of the Law, songs about cops, detectives, judges--anything to

Showtunes lovers, come to my aid!  Feb 5 2012, 05:10:23 PM
Ooops! Forgot Seventy-Six Trombones, but of course it's on there. :)
Showtunes lovers, come to my aid!  Feb 5 2012, 05:09:10 PM
Another week, another theme! This week's theme is musicians--singers who are playing instruments of singing about instruments.

THIS WEEK'S THEME: Musicians

CURRENT PLAYLIST:
Come Follow the Band--Barnum
Strike Up the Band--My One and Only
Alexander's Ragtime Band--Irving Berlin
The New Ashmolean Marching Society & Student Conservatory Band--Where's Charley
Cornet Man--Funny Girl
If I Sing--Closer Than Ever
I Love the Piano--Easter Parade
He Plays

Showtunes lovers, come to my aid!  Jan 31 2012, 04:50:58 PM
After Eight, thanks for all these ideas! I've already done dreams, food, fashion, money, and foreign languages, but I'll see if I can use some of those others.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You