News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Broadwaylover26

Broadwaylover26 Profile Photo
Member Name: Broadwaylover26
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

IN THE HEIGHTS to Close on Broadway January 9, 2011; Miranda to Return December 25
 Oct 29 2010, 02:39:58 AM
For someone who hasn't been following grosses and all that...why is it closing? Just not high enough ticket sales or something else?
Judy Kuhn
 Feb 17 2010, 10:09:05 PM
Well I think someone has to offer her a role before she can come to Broadway. I talked to her a couple months ago and it seems that she would love to come back and perform.
re: Billy Elliot CD
 Nov 18 2009, 11:15:07 PM
As far as I know there's only one CD: the original London cast recording. The CD sold at the Imperial is not the Broadway cast.
re: Shrek Highlights CD?
 Nov 18 2009, 01:40:12 AM
The original is one CD with 19 songs. It costs $13.99 on Amazon. The Highlights CD is 10 songs (9 from the original, plus I'm a Believer) and is selling for $9.98.

To repeat what everyone else has said, why not just pay $4 more and get the whole CD?

re: Anne Hathaway
 Nov 11 2009, 11:59:21 AM
I first noticed her singing in the 2004 movie Ella Enchanted. She sings "Somebody to Love":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MV6TYWuQ7rM&feature=related
and a little bit of "Don't Go Breaking My Heart":
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6941Mpf4fq0&feature=related

The New Billy Elliot Love Thread
 Oct 4 2009, 02:13:46 AM
Did anyone go to Kiril's final performance? It would be great to hear a review!
A Cappella Group
 Sep 16 2009, 09:35:16 PM
I would love to start an a cappella group at my college with Broadway musical songs. Unfortunately, I am not talented enough to arrange the songs. Does anyone know if it's possible to find arrangements for a cappella Broadway music?
Thanks!

The New Billy Elliot Love Thread
 Sep 16 2009, 09:32:41 PM
Maybe they meant 5 foot tall?
re: Billy Elliot vs. Next to Normal
 Jul 28 2009, 07:09:04 PM
This is such a funny conversation. It's like asking "What's better, apples or oranges?" Different people have different opinions, so there can't possibly be a "better" show.

Billy was one of my favorite musicals I've ever seen, and maybe it was because of the exuberant dance numbers that simply left me stunned in amazement. Just because it's big and flashy doesn't make it "Commercial" or "moldy" garbage. I haven't seen N2N, but from listening to the CD countless times, I can tell

re: SISTER ACT- what changes should be made between London and Broadway
 Jul 27 2009, 05:12:16 PM
I saw the show in London about a month ago. Forgive me if I'm naive, as I'm not a critic, but I don't think anything needs to be changed when it transfers! I loved everything about the show, and I have to agree that Sister Act is Alan Menken's best. The songs were fun, although I admit that because I don't have the cd I'm having a hard time remembering the songs. Speaking of the CD, does anyone know if it's possible to get it in the U.S. cheaper than $30?
re: Miss Saigon Recordings
 Jul 27 2009, 05:04:40 PM
There was a 1995 Studio Cast Recording of Miss Saigon.
re: Giant 5/16 (twice!)
 May 18 2009, 10:04:46 PM
I'm so glad you liked it! I was thinking about seeing it soon, but as I couldn't hear the music beforehand, I was worried about spending the money. I'll definitely try to get tickets now!
re: The new Billy Elliot love thread
 May 18 2009, 09:52:21 PM
Oh okay thanks! I was worried that it was because the nominators thought David B. was better, but I'm glad that wasn't the case. I wish the producers had petitioned for them to be nominated together, though. It seems unfair to Frank since he's doing the same job.
re: Ragtime - Washington, DC - Wow!!
 May 18 2009, 07:49:46 PM
Does anyone know if this Ragtime production is definitely coming to Broadway? I haven't heard anything about a transfer, but I definitely could have missed it.
 May 18 2009, 07:38:13 PM
I've kind of wondered about this since the Tony nominations came out, but does anyone know why David B. was nominated and not Frank, since they share the same role?
re: What the hell is SITPWG?
 May 18 2009, 06:19:47 PM
I agree that abbreviations can be annoying. I find that whenever I don't know an abbreviation, it's easiest just to type it into google. I think that if the conversation is about a certain show it's fine to use the abbreviation, but if the topic is more general, with the show not already having been mentioned, it's best just to write out.
 Apr 20 2009, 10:51:26 PM
Do you think the winner will be posted somewhere online?
re: The Greatest Musical Actress of this Generation - The Bracket
 Apr 20 2009, 06:25:19 PM
I signed up for the website, but it says that I do not have access to this page. Has anyone else had this problem?
 Apr 2 2009, 04:47:40 PM
Sorry if this is an obvious question, but what is SD?

I'm not sure when the contracts of the Billy's are up, but I do know that the next kids who will play Billy have already been chosen. I know that one of the boys lives in Bay City, Michigan, but that's about it (I heard it from the teacher who's going to teach him tap).

re: Show Suggestions?
 Mar 17 2009, 06:10:03 PM
I saw In The Heights and Billy Elliot two months ago, and they were both AMAZING!!! I would definitely consider those two, but I've also watched several youtube videos of Shrek, and that looks great too. 9 to 5 isn't scheduled to come out until late April, so it depends on when you're going.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You