News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NotAnotherSN

NotAnotherSN Profile Photo
Member Name: NotAnotherSN
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Licensing Question - Need Advice
 Apr 6 2013, 01:50:57 PM
I think the only legitimately worrisome thing that you brought up was selling video recordings, which I think you're completely within your right to email MTI about.
THE WHO'S TOMMY set for 2013 Stratford Festival directed by DES MCANUFF
 Jan 12 2013, 12:30:12 AM
AEA: Either way, I'd like to see (or rather, here) more of a "The Who" sound. Look to their live albums for the kind of sound that I think would be more in line with the "contemporary" rock musical.
THE WHO'S TOMMY set for 2013 Stratford Festival directed by DES MCANUFF
 Jan 11 2013, 02:26:00 PM
I imagine it will be LED heavy. Maybe something closer to a rock concert. I saw video of a production once that had the band in silhouette as the centerpiece of the production and I'd like to see it get back to it's rock roots. I really actually happened to like what he did with Superstar (he actually made me like the show!), and I hope he approaches the show with fresher eyes.
Transfers That Flopped
 Dec 30 2012, 11:21:27 AM
On Spring Awakening:

It was actually a huge surprise that it closed so quickly on the West End. Critics loved it but it simply never found an audience. I think there were a lot of preconceived notions about what the show was supposed to be with the music. Either way, it wound up faring pretty well come awards season.

what Did You Get For Hanukkah/ Christmas That 's Broadway Related?????
 Dec 27 2012, 03:06:47 PM
I got The Rocky Horror Picture Show on Blu-Ray.
Overtures with staging?
 Oct 21 2012, 06:08:41 PM
"Nine," I believe, does.
Changing the Spanish in WSS revival
 Oct 14 2012, 11:28:08 PM
Both the Equity and upcoming Non-Eq tour have the Spanish back in, so clearly it's working on tour!
Why isn't the standard of new musicals rising after the Book of Mormon?
 Sep 14 2012, 11:55:25 AM
Well take a look at what's coming down the pipeline. "Nerds," which is finally going to make its way to Broadway, is fantastic with a very funny score. But you do have to realize how long it takes to get a musical to Broadway. I saw Nerds in 2007, and it probably won't make it to Broadway until next Spring. Good musicals take time, that's what makes them good.
Shows that reference other shows?
 Aug 29 2012, 06:23:53 PM
I believe someone mentioned Spamalot. Here's most of what I can remember:
-When the narrator introduces the knights of the round table, he mentions "Sir Not-Appearing-in-this-Show," and someone dressed as Don Quixote (Man of La Mancha) comes out.
-"You Won't Succeed on Broadway" has a ton of references. The song starts with Sir Robin reciting the words to "People" from Funny Girl. A few lines later he sings "They won't care if it's witty or everything looks pretty," a reference to "Keep

Good script suggestions?
 Aug 29 2012, 02:41:52 PM
If you're looking for serio-comedies "The Four of Us" is amazing.
What Shows Do You HATE That You've Never Seen?
 Aug 27 2012, 02:37:11 AM
Wow, uh let's see... Phantom, Love Never Dies, Mamma Mia and Cats. I know I hate the music for all of these, and I know I hate the story for all of these. Not worth my time to sit through them and hate the shows.
Andrea Burns as Diana
 Aug 26 2012, 08:41:20 PM
I'd love to see Andrea Burns as Diana in another production. She's incredible in this video but Dan and Gabe are just awful.
Rocky Horror on Broadway
 Aug 26 2012, 08:36:26 PM
I'd actually love to see Russell Brand as Frank in a Broadway revival. He's got a great energy and he's wonderfully bizarre.
Prop letter from SPRING AWAKENING used onstage by Lea Michele & signed play
 Aug 23 2012, 10:00:54 PM
Woh tazber, I have nothing wrong with anyone being gay but that's a pretty quick assumption to come to. I'm straight, have a girlfriend, and not only love theater but am currently majoring in theater performance in college. But that's not really the issue at hand.

Quiche - I can tell you now that you are not alone in being scolded by your mother for your love of theater. While I personally haven't had that problem (my parents actively took me to see shows since a young age), many of my

Colony Music to close after 60 years of business
 Aug 23 2012, 08:33:29 PM
I don't think Sam Ash is going anywhere. There's really no digital equivalent other than the Sam Ash website. Physical instruments will always be needed.
Your Favorite
 Aug 21 2012, 05:54:00 PM
The "Hello Twelve, Hello Thirteen" montage in A Chorus Line. I can't even tell you how much I love that section of the show.
re: Spring Awakening: In The Flesh
 Aug 14 2012, 10:47:47 AM
I actually find it very strange that it isn't in print anymore. The Rent book is still in print as is the Avenue Q book, and neither of them are running on Broadway (nor are the books available in the New World Stages lobby). The book has been $500 for about a year or so now, so it's crazy that the book sold out completely so quickly when a book like the Avenue Q book has been around for longer.
AVPM Recording?
 Aug 11 2012, 05:17:46 PM
http://teamstarkid.bandcamp.com/album/a-very-potter-musical
Why yes, yes they did.

I found this just by Googling "A Very Potter Musical Cast Album." Try that.

BWW Interview: Rob McClure as the Little Tramp- Chaplin
 Aug 9 2012, 02:41:24 PM
Much agreed! He's an incredible talent and a great guy. Can't wait to see Chaplin!
NY Fringe Festival.
 Aug 8 2012, 04:54:16 PM
I have a good friend in NIGHTFALL ON MIRANGA ISLAND. He says it's a lot of fun. It's a comedy about pirates so I don't see how that can't be fun!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You