News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bwayfan7000

Member Name: bwayfan7000
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

THE MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD is getting a cast recording  Nov 28 2012, 11:14:04 PM
Here's hoping they're all on this album. And PalJoey, Karl's confession is pretty terrific. I think he's only done it once so far, though, unfortunately.
First Preview of The Performers  Oct 24 2012, 12:03:38 AM
Whizzer, I'd agree that Breaker and Silverstone don't have a great deal of the comic lines. However ****SPOILER****** Silverstone's drunk scene merited a great many laughs, in my opinion. I laughed especially hard at the "Make me some coffee, bitch!" line in her hands.
First Preview of The Performers  Oct 23 2012, 11:52:25 PM
In fairness, that monologue about the cheese that Whizzer quoted IS hilarious- but in the context of Winkler's hilarious delivery of it. The best of the humor isn't necessarily in the script. It's the brilliant comic actors wringing a huge laugh out of it.

MODERN TERRORISM... - Help  Oct 23 2012, 11:09:57 PM
Can you stop by the theatre again? I remember that happened to me at HOW TO SUCCEED... last year or so and I just went to the box office, where I was given a new one.
First Preview of The Performers  Oct 23 2012, 10:24:56 PM
I second Whizzer's thoughts. So hysterically funny, and with a great cast that makes the most of every little moment, though I agree that Graynor is the standout here.

I hope this one's a big hit. If they can get people to the theatre (in spite of truly some of the most vulgar language surely ever heard on a Broadway stage), it will be. So enjoyable and funny. It was supposed to be 90 minutes but it ran almost 15 minutes longer due to all the laughing and applause throughout.

The Mystery of Edwin Drood - Excitement Level?  Oct 22 2012, 11:16:06 AM
I'm not so sure that Rosa's parasol bit is planned. It happened Saturday night and apparently last night, but not yesterday afternoon. In any case, it's completely hilarious in the hands of Wolfe.
The Mystery of Edwin Drood - Excitement Level?  Oct 21 2012, 12:32:12 AM
I find it very interesting that someone commented that this show has no showstoppers. I think that at the very least, a song like "Don't Quit While You're Ahead", while not everyone may like the song, is essentially engineered to be a showstopper. And I think that it certainly is in this production. Though I'm of the mind that when these songs are performed to their fullest (which I think they all are here), that they're all kind of showstoppers in their own right.
DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart  Oct 20 2012, 01:07:46 AM
Puffer-Deputy is a very funny one. With how good Betsy is in this, I think she may end up the murderer most out of any of them.
The Whale or Detroit?  Oct 19 2012, 12:45:14 AM
THE WHALE is a much better show, in my opinion.
The Whale (Playwrights Horizons)  Oct 19 2012, 12:44:40 AM
It is certainly a great play and production. I agree with everything defyingravity11 had to say about it.
DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart  Oct 18 2012, 11:38:47 PM
It's actually not a very funny ending, though these two would sing the hell out of it. The Neville/Helena is the funniest. And any combo with Puffer.
DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart  Oct 18 2012, 11:31:01 PM
The endings at the final dress were one of the best possible combinations. Helped by the fact that Peter Benson's Bazzard is so endearing, Betsy Wolfe belted her entire confession (which sounded incredible), and Andy Karl and Jessie Mueller broke in the middle of their song because it was all so funny. I hope the last sequence always goes as well as it did tonight.
Selling Pair of Access10 DROOD tickets for Sunday 10/21 mat - $20  Oct 17 2012, 09:54:27 AM
Sent you a PM!
Annie Preview Thread  Oct 4 2012, 12:17:39 AM
I was there tonight and really enjoyed myself. It has some stuff that needs work, but overall, it's off to a great start. I agree with much of what's been said. Finneran needs to figure out what she's doing, but everyone else is quite strong. Warlow has such a soaring voice that his numbers really take off in a way they never did before to me. J. Elaine is doing the exact same character from Priscilla, but it's not her fault, and she does it well. That's one of the bits I foresee perhaps changin
Murder Ballad 30 Under 30 Presale  Sep 18 2012, 11:41:47 PM
It will be a full production. Stage II is just a very small space.
Will Chase in Nice Work  Aug 23 2012, 09:06:05 PM
I was there for his first performance, and I couldn't say enough good things about him. He sings the score beautifully, his dancing is great, he looks the part, he's very funny, and the list goes on. I was actually shocked how comfortable he was given that it was his first night on in a short run. I really hope that if the show is still running when DROOD closes or he's ready to leave it, he would be able to replace Broderick as has been suggested, though I will say that the material he has to w
Edwin Drood tickets purchased! :)  Aug 23 2012, 06:46:29 PM
*SPOILER*
There is the option in the script that in the case of Jasper getting the most votes, the section of the show after Jasper's Confession in which Durdles reveals who the real murderer is can be skipped entirely and the show would move right on to the lovers voting. However, it is also noted in the script that Jasper apparently never was chosen as murderer over the show's entire run. It really is set up so that Jasper will not be the evening's only murderer. It's actually kind of amaz

Edwin Drood tickets purchased! :)  Aug 22 2012, 11:49:15 PM
Even if Chita is voted murderer every night, no one will be disappointed. Her confession is terrific. In my opinion, hers and Rosa's are the best two.

ETA: Tazber, "A Man Could Go Quite Mad" is still used thematically in many of the confessions, even when the song itself is cut at the beginning of the show. The biggest difference in the confessions is that Neville, Helena and Crisparkle's confessions incorporate "A British Subject", the song that replaced "Ceylon". I'm very curious to s

The Best Man - TKTS and/or Rush recently?  Aug 8 2012, 12:55:43 PM
I easily got a rush ticket Saturday afternoon around 11:30 in the box. The mezz was pretty open on the sides, though, so it's easy to move to a seat that's not partial view.
Sister Act Rush  Aug 7 2012, 11:22:51 PM
Jennifer Allen is on as Mother Superior during Carmello's absence, or at least she was this evening when I saw the show. I thought she was quite good, and I've seen Carmello and Clark both before. Allen for the most part belts her part of the score, which makes it sound a bit different than usual.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You