News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gabrieljwickedone

gabrieljwickedone Profile Photo
Member Name: gabrieljwickedone
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Best Songs Cut From Broadway Musicals  Jul 20 2014, 02:03:29 AM
I really enjoy "World, Take Me Back" and "Love, Look in My Window" from Hello, Dolly! They were put back into the show when Ethel Merman joined the cast, but never reinstated for subsequent productions.

Norm Lewis Phantom stage door  Jul 14 2014, 10:23:05 PM
I recently had my first trip to NYC about a month ago, and I bought a ticket for this show specifically to see my favorite actress- Sierra Boggess.

I'm a huge fan and the thought of seeing her was incredible! However, Sierra hurried her way through with everyone and was actually kind of awkward. Not anything like she appears in interviews and such. It was actually a huge let down for me.

On the other hand, Norm Lewis was the added bonus- and he surely was a class act. He's the

King and I Casting Notice  Jun 20 2014, 04:30:39 PM
Broadway World sure has the hard hitting breaking news.
back from my trip...8 shows in 5 days...whew!  Jun 20 2014, 02:47:15 AM
I enjoyed everything I saw!

iLuminate was such a different theatre going experience and I really appreciated the creativity behind it all. Such a cool experience!

Kinky Boots was a little disappointing for me. The premise was original, but the content was cliche and corny.

Phantom also left me wanting a little more.

But otherwise, everything was simply amazing.

back from my trip...8 shows in 5 days...whew!  Jun 19 2014, 11:49:28 PM
I was recently in town for a week and saw 6 shows. I saw Pippin, Kinky Boots, If/Then, Newsies, Phantom of the Opera (for Norm and Sierra of course), and then saw iLuminate at New World Stages.
Idina Menzel's Tony performance  Jun 9 2014, 08:20:57 PM
Idina sounded much better at the show! I saw it Friday (6/6)..

The number is a show stopper. It was wonderful. The Tony performance did not do the show justice at all. (This comment is coming from a pretty tough critic).

Alice In Wonderland Adaptations?  Jan 22 2014, 09:11:38 PM
Hello all!

My repertory theatre class has chosen "Alice In Wonderland" as their full length play for this semester. i was wondering which version was the best to go with?

Is there a version that isn't terribly childish available anywhere?

We have 19 students in the class.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Dream cast your favorite performers!  Jan 5 2014, 03:32:05 AM
Sierra Boggess as Maria in The Sound of Music

Jessie Mueller as Fanny Brice in Funny Girl
(Donna Murphy would have made a fantastic Fanny Brice)

Audra McDonald or Kelli O'Hara as Anna in The King and I

Reba McEntire as Molly Brown in The Unsinkable Molly Brown

Kristin Chenoweth as Adelaide in Guys and Dolls

Laura Osnes as Sarah Brown in Guys and Dolls

Bernadette Peters as Mrs. Lovett in Sweeney Todd

Lea Salonga as Mary Poppins
A New Cinderella  Dec 30 2013, 02:05:59 AM
They aren't stunt casting Topher.

The producers offered the role to Claybourne Elder (who sadly declined).

What Story/Book/Play should be made into a musical?  Jul 12 2013, 01:43:00 AM
I've been kind of playing around with the idea of "Mr. Smith Goes to Washington"

My collaborator and I want to pursue the project in the future, but aren't exactly sure how!

Breaking News: LES MISERABLES to Return to Broadway's Imperial Theatre; Opening Night Set for March 23, 2014!  May 30 2013, 05:49:01 PM
"Jeremy Jordan as Jean Valjean and Patina Miller as Javert.
Stephanie J. Block as Eponine, and Jessie Mueller as Fontine
Andrea Martin as inn keepers wife and Terrance Mann as the inn keeper."

I just did a spit take at the thought of someone seriously suggesting Jeremy Jordan for Valjean and Stephanie J. Block for Eponine.

However, you're on to something with Jessie Mueller as Fantine, and Andrea Martin as Madame Thenardier!

Thoughts on an Aida revival?  May 9 2013, 10:39:46 PM
You know what's laughable? That someone seriously thought Laura Osnes would make a good Amneris.
Johnny Depp In Talks for INTO THE WOODS Movie  Apr 27 2013, 10:09:28 PM
Look at these two!

If they have Johnny, her name has to have been brought up. How could it not? It just seems natural.

SMASH  Apr 27 2013, 09:15:10 PM
Ummm...wasn't the picture of Kyle outside the theatre with pictures of the other creative team? That's what I saw...

And Jimmy was saying that he wanted to win the Tony for Kyle. Maybe he felt guilty after Kyle finally cut him off?

Johnny Depp In Talks for INTO THE WOODS Movie  Apr 27 2013, 07:37:28 PM
This possible casting gives me hope that Kate Winslet will be cast as the Baker's Wife. That would be PERFECT. :)
re: The Official 'Bad High School Productions on YouTube' Megathread  Apr 9 2013, 05:08:36 PM
My school's recent production of The Sound of Music.

Maria is an alto who can't act, Von Trapp was wooden and sang through his nose.

Mother Abbess was good, this song was a challenge for her (She's never had a voice lesson), and I put everything I had into playing Uncle Max.

This scene isn't the worst, what makes it terrible is that it was the first scene of Act Two, because our director thinks she can pick where intermission goes.

CINDERELLA Question.  Apr 8 2013, 12:42:37 PM
Do you think the current Broadway version will eventually be the version R&H Licenses?

They've already got two...so will it replace one or both?

Innovative Production of CAROUSEL.  Mar 30 2013, 12:47:58 AM
The sofas were for audience members, the seating was very up close and personal.

The actors were very good! The lowered keys weren't noticeable really. The actress playing Julie was a bit edgier than the traditional ingenue. It was spectacular.

Innovative Production of CAROUSEL.  Mar 29 2013, 05:44:56 PM
Last night I went to the Kansas City Rep to see their production of CAROUSEL.

It was done in the round with actors using pull chain lights to light the show. The actors entered through staircases situated in the seats, and there were minimal sets/costumes. It was thrilling.

I think this would be amazing to see at Circle in the Square, it is worthy of a Broadway production. The teaser doesn't do it justice, but it was great.

Licensing Questions!  Mar 22 2013, 03:27:44 PM
I actually saw a college production similar to the one described, and it was better than any professional production I've seen, so save your vicious comments.

Thank you so much for the input everyone!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You