News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for chewbaca

Member Name: chewbaca
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Jun 22 2018, 06:06:11 AM

I purchased last row of Dress Circle for my daughter Row M near center for next year due to the 40/ segment price. Will she be blocked out by the overhang of the balcony, or will she be ok with her sight lines. I dont see any pics on “A view from my Seat”, Any one sit here?

Tony Shalhoub  May 18 2018, 04:29:15 AM
I am a huge Tony Shalhoub fan. And I really did like this show. I don’t want to disappoint anyone wanting to see him, that his presence does not make or break the show. It is the beautiful music, the beautiful singing and the good script that does it.
Tony Shalhoub  May 18 2018, 04:29:14 AM
I am a huge Tony Shalhoub fan. And I really did like this show. I don’t want to disappoint anyone wanting to see him, that his presence does not make or break the show. It is the beautiful music, the beautiful singing and the good script that does it.
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  May 18 2018, 04:18:25 AM

Does it appear to anyone else that the ticket release of Harry Potter has been one big scam? First they set up a special lottery for a “select group to line up and scavenge for seats. Then they have a second event a month later to release seats at 10am and have people juggling and guessing where there seats are located and how much they should pay. Not just pure chaos, but unfair price points because many of these same located seats have dropped drastically in price. The only good news

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  May 13 2018, 08:49:43 PM

bought them. I dont resell tickets

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  May 13 2018, 08:41:03 PM

If given a choice in the Orchestra between Row D and Row N, which would be better if seating locations were the same? Are there any obstructions due to the position of the seats in the orchestra?

Entrances That Give You Chills  Feb 24 2018, 09:54:15 PM

Glen Close in Sunset Boulevard

The Ferryman  Feb 9 2018, 11:16:53 AM

Terrific show. Saw it in London this past Summer. A cast you wont believe. Occasionally hard to understand accent, but very watchable and enjoyable. Will see it a second time( which I rarely do).

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Feb 9 2018, 09:27:12 AM

I scoured the internet yesterday in search of seat numbers within rows especially in the orchestra. Where I had to wait the 20,000 people in the cue before me, I was in hope of getting one of the $199 seats and getting it in the first 15 rows of the orchestra but not too far on the side. As we all know the Lyric is still undergoing renovation. The L,R,C routine seating plan that once existed, is now broken up into two larger orchestra sections with an aisle between them (how large I do n

Comedians you'd like to see take the broadway stage?  Feb 7 2018, 08:27:48 AM

Sinbad is not only a great standup comedian, but also a good actor. My choice

Tuesday night Spongebob Audience (or EVERY Night!)  Jan 24 2018, 08:39:37 AM

Ladies and Gentleman and Children of all Ages- No matter the age or the venue, my fellow broadway followers, what you are witnessing is the current state of life. It is not restricted to the theater or to restaurants, or to the roadway, or to the Senate or Presidency. It is here. Recognize it. It is not going away.

As I operate by appointment time in my employment, it is obvious that the values of our society have degraded beyond belief. People don’t call to cancel, the

London Theater - Transfers  Dec 28 2017, 07:01:03 AM

I saw the original Barnum. Good show. Saw The Ferryman as it opened in London this past summer. Excellent production and very long (approx 3 hours) filled with children and animals for the show. If it transfers, will probably use many local actors- even though original cast was great. Although I had huge interest, not sure how IRA recap would attract a large enough fan base. You do need to have a background of "The Troubles" in the 1970"s to fully understand the show.

Hello Dolly seating advice  Sep 11 2017, 07:07:16 AM

We sat in the second row of balcony right side. I saw and heard perfectly for $100 + fees. I was absolutely shocked how good the vision and sound was- probably better than rear orchestra or mezzanine. I always try to sit up close in the orchestra when available. But these seats at the front of the balcony were great. Unfortunately the foot room is not

What Are Five Broadway Songs Guaranteed to Make You Cry?  Aug 30 2017, 07:28:35 AM

1a. With One Look 1b. As If We Never Said Goodbye. Both from Sunset Boulevard. The first one because of its melody and powerful score, the second due to the drama of the moment.

2. Ring of Keys- Fun Home. This affected me more than "Telephone Wire"

Andy Karl tonight  Apr 15 2017, 12:41:57 AM

Call it Deja Vu or Groundhog Day. Tonights performance unfortunately was my second time for interruption of the show ( the first being the opening night where the turntable did not work. A physician who was seated next to me attended to Mr. Karl and told me he thought it was a severe strain. X rays this evening or tomorrow will reveal what the actual problem is. I asked several of the ushers if tomorrows shows will go on and they did not have an answer. I sat in row K on far right orchestra s

GROUNDHOG DAY Previews  Apr 8 2017, 06:43:59 AM

I have an option for seating at this theater for groundhog day. Row K seats 10, 12. Or row O seats 6,8. Which would be better

Sunset Boulevard seating questions  Feb 21 2017, 01:39:56 AM

Sat in row M far left side, but on aisle. These seats are nicely raised and avoid conflicts of taller folks in front of you. As the two of us had the aisle seats, we were less blocked out by the speaker as others who were  seated more far left than us. It is far more important to sit as close as possible. Here I can truly say you get an amazing view of Close's expressions. I cant say that first row mezzanine are not great,  but I always prefer to sit as clos

SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances  Feb 18 2017, 06:32:57 AM

My wife and I went to see Sunset Blvd last night. I don't often go to the theater, but 2-4 times per year is my average. I have never seen Sunset Boulevard either in play or in movie version. And although I enjoy ALW plays I have to admit that, along with many of you, his songs and tunes can be very repetitive. I am not writing this to inform you that this was the greatest play of all time- you know it is not. The set, as you already know is stripped down, the orchestra substituting

SUNSET BOULEVARD in Performances  Feb 18 2017, 06:32:56 AM

My wife and I went to see Sunset Blvd last night. I don't often go to the theater, but 2-4 times per year is my average. I have never seen Sunset Boulevard either in play or in movie version. And although I enjoy ALW plays I have to admit that, along with many of you, his songs and tunes can be very repetitive. I am not writing this to inform you that this was the greatest play of all time- you know it is not. The set, as you already know is stripped down, the orchestra substituting

Sunset Boulevard seating questions  Feb 7 2017, 09:37:45 PM

Meant M1, M3. Sorry- same as right side as shown or are there more obstructions?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You