News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jeannie Smith

Jeannie Smith Profile Photo
Member Name: Jeannie Smith
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: IRENA'S VOW - truth, and a reviewer's responsibility
 Apr 5 2009, 09:46:14 AM
I was very upset about some of the reviews, especially the NY Times. Mr Isherwood was so off the mark! Everyone is welcome to their opinion of course, but his review wasn't based on fact.
I did write a long rebuttal to the times and submitted it to them, at this point they have not chosen to print it. It's very frustrating, but we just go on and we are counting on word of mouth from the audience. We may be a smaller show compared to what is on Broadway but I believe that word of mouth mul

re: IRENA'S VOW - truth, and a reviewer's responsibility
 Apr 5 2009, 09:37:29 AM
I just don't understand why some of critic's are so closed minded and bent on thinking that the story is made up. Is it that hard to believe that good things can happen?
You did see the real "baby" up on stage the other night... he is alive and well.

re: IRENA'S VOW Reviews
 Mar 31 2009, 11:26:44 PM
In response to your defense of Mr Isherwood review. My Mother herself used the exact phrase "That was my first Date... that was my first kiss" It's what she said when she was talking to children in schools. She felt it was a softer way to inform children that she was a virgin without having to be so blunt. My mother did not use this saying as a joke then and it was not added to the script to be funny or to take away the serious aspect of rape - Mr Dan Gordon added it to the script because that
 Mar 31 2009, 11:14:24 PM
Ouch... A silly Holocaust Drama? I find it very difficult to understand how a Holocaust Drama can be labeled "silly" Wow, how sad for you. I find nothing silly about the death of over six million people.
 Mar 31 2009, 11:10:27 PM
I was just wondering which part of the NY Times review you thought was right on? The "theatrical Hokum" he referred to was not only uninformed but poor reporting since he just assumed that the story plots, the humor and the lines in the play were... What did he call it? "strange paradoxical twists that almost beggar belief" or maybe it was the "banal, ham-fisted & bad fiction" you're agreeing with?
Sometimes life is stranger than fiction and the case of Irena's Vow the material, the story

Mar 31 2009, 10:56:54 PM
Just wanted to let you know that you shouldn't blame Dan Gordon for that ending line. He took it straight from my mother who felt that she had earned the right to ask people to make a moral choice to care about humanity and make a difference in the world. Sorry it bothered you so much.
Irena's daughter,
Janina Opdyke Smith

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You