News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ortensiah

Member Name: Ortensiah
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Any LGBT Characters?  Apr 29 2017, 12:11:50 AM

Holiday Inn - this isn't actually a plot point, but

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

Louise in Holiday Inn has a line at the end, something along the lines of ask X [female] movie star to sign something for her with "I love you forever."

Dear Evan Hansen - Mystery Seats  Apr 26 2017, 10:47:32 PM

Yeah, I hear you - I bought my ticket back in December, when I finally came to the realization that I wouldn't be able to find a discount, so I got a bit lucky in that I didn't have to watch so closely. Anyways, it's a great show, and those should be great seats - have fun! :) And yeah, I visited a friend in LA and we watched King and I at the Ahmanson from the mezzanine and I was shocked at how far away the stage was!

GREAT COMET -  Apr 26 2017, 03:28:30 PM

This was my favorite song in the show as well. I was actually a little afraid to watch the music video because of how amazing Amber Gray's performance was live, but I think they did a pretty good job here. I do wish they didn't have her behind a mic stand as a sort of carabet singer in the video, because even though she milks every note, her strongest performance is when she mingles more freely with the audience members and you can fully see her at her most seductive and cunning.

Dear Evan Hansen - Mystery Seats  Apr 25 2017, 09:33:12 PM

Yes, the view was excellent. I usually like to be close, but I was very happy with that location. As bear said, it's a small theater, and the rear mezz seats are nice because you can take in the whole stage easily while still being able to appreciate the intimate scenes. 

Dear Evan Hansen - Mystery Seats  Apr 25 2017, 08:35:55 PM

This might be extraneous since CT2NYC already confirmed, but I saw Dear Evan Hansen from the very last row of the mezzanine, row L, so I can also confirm that those seats exist.

Anastasia lottery error?  Apr 25 2017, 02:39:11 PM

I entered the digital Anastasia lottery this morning and just got an email saying I won. I go to pay for my ticket, and when I press submit, a dialogue box pops up saying there is no show scheduled today. Did anyone else have this happen? Is the show dark today? I was getting really excited

HELLO, DOLLY! Previews  Apr 19 2017, 12:01:54 AM

I was there tonight and Beanie Feldstein did the hilarious "thank you!" ad-lib again. And I've got to say I was blown away by the show. I splurged on a ticket basically knowing nothing but that the song from Wall-E was in it, and boy was it worth it!

The Official TDF Thread  Apr 15 2017, 04:54:34 PM

Thanks for all the replies! I guess I'll just pick and off-off production that looks interesting and hope for the best!

Shows with Late Curtain?  Apr 13 2017, 10:47:42 PM

I believe Puffs the play off-Broadway has a late curtain of 9:30 on Saturdays. If you and/or your friend like Harry Potter, you could try that. I saw if last year and thought it was really clever and well done!

Door Number Three vs. What Baking Can Do  Apr 11 2017, 03:13:07 PM

I only listened to "Door Number Three" once before today (right after the first time I watched the show, so really biased and in love with "What Baking Can Do" so I really wasn't a fan of "Door Number Three."

I just listened to both songs again, and while I still like "What Baking Can Do," I think it's a much closer call. Musically, "Door Number Three" is a much more obviously a Sara Bareilles song and, much as I love the "What Baking Can Do" bridge, I think I actually like the "Door Number Three" better. However, I think what bothers me most about "Door Number Three" is the door metaphor. I get the "she chose one door and regrets it, but can't" idea, but the "choose the door" concept just - to me - feels really carnival-y and jarring compared with how the song sounds and every other lyric in the song.  

By now I've listened to "Door Number Three" at least five times in a row, and it's really a beautiful song, but I still don't think the door number two/three theme works very well. 

The Official TDF Thread  Apr 11 2017, 01:28:38 PM

I was also there Sunday at 3. I had a left side, mid-mezzanine seat, which I was happy with. I Given the reviews, I wasn't expecting much, but I was actually really moved by the show and the score. Now I want to see the movie!

On an unrelated note, does anyone have experience with/recommendations for the "off-off broadway" shows? What's the difference (besides the price point) between them and "off-broadway" shows?

The Official TDF Thread  Apr 5 2017, 07:25:54 PM

A number of dates are up for Amelie over the next week or so.

THE PLAY THAT GOES WRONG Previews  Apr 2 2017, 12:09:16 AM

I saw this yesterday (Saturday) and I loved it. Even though there isn't a plot, there is some characterization with each of the actors messing up in specific ways, in addition to everything else that goes wrong. And every time I thought things couldn't go worse (in a good way) I was proved wrong. At times the actors were shouting so much that it was impossible to tell what was going on, but I guess that was kind of the point. 

I bought my ticket months ago with the $25 pro

Hamilton Cancellation Line  Mar 28 2017, 05:47:24 AM

From what I've been reading on here, people who were lucky enough to get their tickets some time before the show could just leave and return when the theater normally starts letting people in. I believe the rule for going straight into the theater is only for tickets that are released just before the curtain, probably because at that point they really need everyone seated so they can start the show (when I did the line, I was able to buy my ticket literally a minute before the show was su

GROUNDHOG DAY Previews  Mar 26 2017, 11:15:43 AM

Yes - they stopped during the drinking/car chase scene, for about 5-10 minutes. I thought the song was really entertaining, so I was actually a little happy to get to see (the first half) of it again. It was also fun because audience clapped and cheered a lot the second time around. 

Overall I enjoyed the show, though I agree with some previous posters that it was a bit too long and some parts were unnecessary or didn't seem to fit into the show (such a

The Official TDF Thread  Mar 26 2017, 12:33:09 AM

I'm not the original poster, but I also saw Groundhog Day tonight and had a seat in the front right Mezzanine, E-12. I thought the view was great, and the seeat actually felt really close to the stage. I usually have trouble seeing expressions if I'm not in the front-ish half of the orchestra, but I had no trouble tonight. 

I also saw Come From Away earlier this month, got a single ticket through TDF, Left Orchestra R-25. I was really happy with the seat, and afterwar

The Official TDF Thread  Feb 9 2017, 01:37:05 AM

My seat for 2/8 was Orchestra O8

What shows did you see in 2016?  Jan 18 2017, 07:39:45 PM

Broadway: Curious Incident, Waitress, Fun Home, American in Paris, Matilda, Beautiful, Fiddler on the Roof, Phantom, The Humans, Cats, The Color Purple, School of Rock, Hamilton, The Cherry Orchard, Holiday Inn, Black to the Future, Book of Mormon, Aladdin, Something Rotten, On Your Feet, Falsettos, Love Letter to Broadway, Wicked, A Bronx Tale, In Transit, Lion King, Great Comet, Kinky Boots, Dear Evan Hansen

Off Broadway: How to Be an A

The Official TDF Thread  Dec 26 2016, 10:57:58 PM

Broadway shows are about $41-$47 with a $4 handling fee. Off broadway shows are about $30-$40. And seats are usually really good

Hamilton Cancellation Line  Dec 16 2016, 11:09:58 PM

FWIW, I passed by around 5:30 pm today and there were only 10-15 people in line, and it looked like one person was being called in to buy (maybe premium?) tickets. It was really cold though, so I didn't stop to talk to anyone in the line.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You