News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gettinhep

gettinhep Profile Photo
Member Name: gettinhep
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SOOO VERY VERY SAD  Apr 28 2015, 12:38:41 AM

" I have never in my life seen a more bitter, nasty catty group of people on a board!!"

So, you've never seen All That Chat? They were so catty Forbidden Broadway even gave them a song. Granted, BWW has it's moments. If it offends you so much, why bother reading, posting, lurking, etc?

Goodspeed  Nov 15 2011, 08:55:39 PM
Does TPD perform matinees?
Donna Murphy to Return to Broadway in THE PEOPLE IN THE PICTURE  Nov 1 2010, 05:19:55 PM
Ray, there is a short interview with Todd Haimes on the development and workshop process for the show.

Happy Birthday Rob Diamond!  Nov 1 2010, 10:21:06 AM
A Very Happy Birthday, Rob!
Wonderful Town Encores! (was so good)  May 3 2010, 01:00:58 AM
While an immediate transfer was mooted in 2000, Laura Benanti was unavailable as she was still appearing in Swing. She didn't leave that show until 2001. By which time other members of the cast, including Donna Murphy, were unavailable. The show eventually transfered in 2003, but Benanti was attached to Violet Hour and so her role went to Jennifer Westfeldt.
Donna Murphy to Star with Sutton Foster in ANYONE CAN WHISTLE at Encores!  Mar 1 2010, 11:34:54 PM
Ed, she missed one, maybe two performances of LoveMusik. She, and other members of the cast, came down with the flu. I seem to recall that Judy Blazer was the first to suffer and within a few days several performers were affected.

Didn't that Hal Prince comment come from Riedel? Hmm.

Donna Murphy to Star with Sutton Foster in ANYONE CAN WHISTLE at Encores!  Mar 1 2010, 06:07:02 PM
This news made my morning.
Rumor Mill: Donna Murphy in ANYONE CAN WHISTLE?  Feb 21 2010, 07:33:00 PM
Alterego, I say this with love...

Please, get some new material!

Donna Murphy would be a very good choice for Cora. Her previous work in Encores! productions has been excellent.

Now, who do they get for Hapgood?

re: Donna Murphy in Disney's Rapunzel?  Dec 10 2009, 04:47:51 PM
This news has been confirmed in several sources, including Empire, Reuters via The Hollywood Reporter and Playbill.
re: Donna Murphy in Disney's Rapunzel?  Nov 23 2009, 05:06:21 PM
This has been confirmed at IMBd. She is playing Mother Gothel, the witch.
re: Donna Murphy GYPSY  Aug 25 2009, 06:35:02 AM
Can you see me turning green with envy, fgreene? :)

re: Donna Murphy GYPSY  Aug 25 2009, 01:42:59 AM
I couldn't agree more, fgreene. Donna Murphy could be a fascinating Mama Rose and I would love to see her back on a stage. I'm still insanely jealous of anyone who has seen Encores! Follies. But, please, no more Gypsy revivals for a while. And, please, no black, green, purple or Spanish versions, either.
re: Whatever happened to Martin Short?  Jun 29 2009, 10:39:39 PM
He is stuck in the Oh, Canada film at Epcot and can't find the way out.
re: blithe spirit  May 7 2009, 06:41:28 PM
I saw a cat in Shubert Alley once.
re: Caroline O'Connor as Velma in Australia !!!  May 1 2009, 01:45:03 AM
I was fortunate to see the previous revival. Caroline O'Connor blew that cast off the stage. She had such a stunning presence. I'm glad that in Sharon Millerchip they have found an equal for her. I must grab some tickets for the Melbourne run.

O'Connor is a favorite, though. She was marvelous in the MTC production of Bombshells a few years ago. We rarely give a standing o down here. Her performance in that one-hander certainly brought the audience to its feet.

re: Donna Murphy Come Back!  Jan 6 2009, 06:01:27 PM
You disappoint me, Rent Boy.

I thought you were making an announcement. I was all ready to rush out to buy tickets. Now left disappointed all for the lack of a question mark. That thread title seemed definite.

*walks off shaking head*

re: Pal Joey 11/30  Dec 1 2008, 05:18:24 PM
Ray, I believe that John Stamos was Joey in that staged reading.
re: Sondheim's Passion  Nov 29 2008, 07:55:52 AM
Would that be the Gary Konas essay in Stephen Sondheim: A Casebook, givemevoice? THis particular essay looks at the Jungian symbolism and and romantic mythmaking within Passion. I don't recall Konas discussing Sondheim's mother. It has been a while since I read the book.
re: ROSIE LIVE! clips from the show~for those not living in the US.  Nov 29 2008, 02:13:52 AM
Oh dear.

Ed Sullivan is revolving in his sarcophagus.

re: And The Director Of Wicked (Movie) Will Be...  Nov 27 2008, 08:24:14 AM
They chose Mr. Overrated?!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You