News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for nybkg609

nybkg609 Profile Photo
Member Name: nybkg609
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

RIP Andre Braugher
 Dec 12 2023, 09:04:26 PM

I just heard that stage and screen star Andre Braugher has passed away yesterday at 61. Such a sad loss.

https://variety.com/2023/tv/news/andre-braugher-dead-brooklyn-nine-nine-1235835771/

https://deadline.com/2023/12/andre-braugher-dead-homicide-life-on-the-street-brooklyn-nine-nine-actor-1235665513/

Empty Broadway Houses Summer 2023 Edition
 Jul 23 2023, 07:18:01 PM

After next Sunday, The St. James Theatre will be available. NY, NY has just posted its closing notice.

CONFIRMED: CABARET at the August Wilson Theatre, Spring 2024
 Jul 20 2023, 03:32:08 PM

Just heard on NY1 that the soon-to-be-announced actress who will be starring in the upcoming revival of Cabaret on Broadway has a connection with the previous revival (1998-04, 2014-15) and is a TV star too. Any guesses?

NY, NY may be on its way to closing-NY Post
 Jul 11 2023, 10:48:08 AM

Reported in the NY Post this morning. New York, New York is in big box office trouble. Read the link and comment:

https://nypost.com/2023/07/10/broadways-new-york-new-york-could-close-in-weeks-sources/

BACK TO THE FUTURE will transfer to Broadway in 2023
 Mar 1 2023, 08:34:53 AM

They're going to announce it at 8:43am today on GMA.

Jobs for People with Drama/Theatre Bachelor's Degree
 Jan 29 2023, 08:33:00 PM

Robbie2 said: "nybkg609 said: "I'm currently searching for jobs since ending my undergraduate studies as a Drama/Theatre student in college.

Does anyone have any post-college job experiences after receiving a Drama/Theatre bachelor's degree?
"

Btw, where did you receive your BA and what do you want to do? What was your reason attending college and studying Drama/Theatre...to be an actor or?
"

I went to Queens College and

Jobs for People with Drama/Theatre Bachelor's Degree
 Jan 28 2023, 10:18:11 PM

I'm currently searching for jobs since ending my undergraduate studies as a Drama/Theatre student in college. 

Does anyone have any post-college job experiences after receiving a Drama/Theatre bachelor's degree?

Unlisted Recorded Theatre Productions/Bootlegs
 Apr 17 2022, 07:14:04 PM

I meant, finding helpful tips and secret links. 

Unlisted Recorded Theatre Productions/Bootlegs
 Apr 17 2022, 06:29:13 PM

How do I find unlisted recorded performances from community theatre or college? I meant, the ones not listed in the Youtube search engine.

Spotting Broadway Stars Guest Starring on TV/Streaming Shows
 Feb 22 2022, 06:54:52 PM

Have anyone spotted any Broadway stars guest-starring on TV/Streaming shows lately?

Songs about falling into a toxic relationship?
 Oct 18 2021, 02:11:35 PM

My choice: "Maybe I Like it This Way"- from Andrew Lippa's "The Wild Party".

Theatre Real Estate-St. James, Booth and Broadway
 Oct 16 2021, 04:31:32 PM

Does anyone know what show(s) will follow American Utopia at the St. James and Freestyle Love Supreme at the Booth? 

Also, does anyone know what show will take over the currently vacant Broadway Theatre (after the shutdown of WSS)?

Funny Girl Matinee Rumor-Fanny
 Oct 11 2021, 08:14:38 PM

I heard that Micaela Diamond (Cher Show) may take over Beanie's role for the Funny Girl matinees. I already brought a ticket for the last preview. May this rumor be true? Only time will tell. 

Cast Changes/Announcements-Bway Reopening
 Aug 31 2021, 08:07:35 PM

Does anyone know about any cast changes for returning Broadway shows and any cast members of closed shows (EX: Mean Girls, WSS, Frozen) getting new jobs?

To Bare on Not to Bare (NBC's Hair Live Issue)
 Jan 29 2019, 05:15:01 PM

Do you think that NBC will include the iconic nude scene for HAIR Live or leave most of the cast with their clothes on to make the censors happy? Feel free to comment. While you here, you can recall and write about Broadway and Off-Broadway shows that feature nude or partial nude scenes just for the fun of it.

Looking back at blackface and its racist history onstage and on-screen
 Nov 1 2018, 01:01:05 PM

Mandy Patinkin even did blackface in "The Wild Party" (Lachiusa/Wolfe version) on Broadway if you can remember.

Thankgiving Parade Performances for This Year
 Nov 1 2018, 12:39:56 PM

billyelliotfan123 said: "I’m hoping The Prom performs. They could benefit from the visibility."

Thanks to your suggestion, my guesses is now Frozen, The Prom, Mean Girls, Head Over Heels and My Fair Lady for the Macy's Parade performances. I think CBS may showcase The Band's Visit, Once on This Island and Summer on their parade coverage.

Thankgiving Parade Performances for This Year
 Nov 1 2018, 11:54:57 AM

Macy's has just announced its plans for their 92nd Thanksgiving Parade, but I didn't see any mention of what Broadway shows are planning to perform (aside from the annual appearence of the Radio City Rockettes). Check out the plans at this site: http://www.macysparadepress.com/.

My guess is that Frozen, Mean Girls, Head Over Heels and My Fair Lady is going to perform this year for the Herald Square crowd. What's your guesses and comments? Feel free to respond.

Update: Help Bring Lippa's Wild Party to Broadway
 Sep 20 2018, 10:51:09 PM

Bwayfan292 said: "Sondheimite said: ""

I JUST SPIT OUT MY DRINK LMAO
"

Please, don't be ridiculous on this. 

Update: Help Bring Lippa's Wild Party to Broadway
 Sep 20 2018, 09:00:18 PM

Update: Guess what? I now have 64 signatures! Lippa tweeted me that I need about 100,000 signatures to help persuade the Roundabout to produce it for next season. Please click the link to check it out and help sign it:  https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/andrew-lippas-wild-party-to-broadway

Since I'm on Facebook (facebook.com/glenn.biz) and Twitter (twitter.com/glenn_biz), I made two hashtags to help spread the word: #LetsHaveaWildParty #BringLippasWildPartytoBroadway 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You