News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for elphaba.scares.me

elphaba.scares.me Profile Photo
Member Name: elphaba.scares.me
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CFA now the favorite for Tony?  Jun 5 2017, 05:12:35 PM

FWIW, every Tony voter I have spoken to has raved about "Come From Away." Mostly artists but also a couple producers.  

I think DEH has a great shot at book, score, lead actor and featured actress, but I'd give the edge to CFA for Best Musical.

NY Pops Gala '17 Honoring Kelli O'Hara and Bartlett Sher  May 2 2017, 10:42:46 PM

Just read a piece about the Met Gala that said Osnes was invited on short notice after Anna Wintour saw her show last week.

Sorry, kids, but if that happens while you're trying to promote your show in a busy season, you drop everything and go to the gala. It's one of the most photographed events of the year. Any agent or publicist worth their salt would advise her that someone else can step in and perform one number in a salute to Kelli O'Hara. Although I'm sure she was

Tonys 2017: Will/Should Win  May 2 2017, 10:31:17 PM

Food for thought: I haven't seen a lot of shows this year, but I know plenty of Tony voters, and FWIW the show I've heard the most about from them is "Come From Away."

Riedel on Mean Girls searing for a star and aiming for Spring 2018  Mar 2 2017, 02:06:02 PM

Valentina3 said: "Littleshopofcarrie said: "What about Dove Cameron as Regina George?"

Hah! I said that when Hairspray Live happened; with Kristin Chenoweth playing Amy Poehler's character. I know the role is probably too small for Kristin, but they could beef it up. I wonder what Nikki Snelson (who played Brooke Windham in Legally Blonde) is up to these days. She was a hoot on stage!
"

IIRC, they h

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway  Mar 2 2017, 01:55:27 PM

Some thoughts:

1. Don't weep too hard for performers in their twenties. They get tons of opportunities. Plus, lots of shows try first to cast people of accurate ages, only to find that slightly older performers are--wait for it--more experienced and often just a little better. See also: that last WSS revival, for which people in their early- to mid-twenties were not able to get seen for months because they were "too old"...and then they couldn't actually find a teenag

Sutton Foster in Gypsy  Nov 25 2016, 09:05:34 AM

...but *I* was there the night she played Rose, Louise AND Dainty June.  Stopped the show with Rose's Turn, the Moo Cow song and Little Lamb.

Really added a lot of layers to the Tulsa plotline when Louise had to face that he ran off with...another version of herself.  And I enjoyed hearing her sing in two-part harmony on If Momma Was Married.

She'll have it down to a one-person show in no time!

THE GREAT COMET - limited run?  Oct 15 2016, 09:55:41 AM

Riedel. Yawn.

I'm almost as excited at the (in my imagination, at least) possibility that Dave Malloy could replace Groban as I am about seeing the show. Assuming, of course, that he can still sing it; I believe he wrote some new and presumably difficult material for Groban?

If the show is good, there's no reason to be certain it will close without Groban.

Prince of Egypt Concert - Long Island  Jul 26 2016, 04:49:27 PM

trpguyy said: "A free public concert in a park on the tip of Long Island is a big deal?"

This concert may be happening in a park, but Bay Street Theatre is a big deal. It's not just a random place on Long Island. It's a prestigious institution in the heart of the Hamptons, with an extremely moneyed and influential creative and audience base. If anyone should know better, they should.

Clickbait garbage  Jul 26 2016, 12:06:30 AM

It's not garbage IMHO. It's a critique that reads like a thesis. Totally fair for this writer to call out some of the Hamilton incongruities.

Leslie Odom Jr Leaving Hamilton  Jun 21 2016, 06:38:54 AM

QueenAlice said: "There are indeed union mandated pay "bumps" for an after actor they have won a Tony award for that performance."

No there aren't. It's not an unusual thing for an agent to negotiate into a contract, but it's not standard Equity language. 

Was there a role for Karen Olivo in Hamilton?  Jun 16 2016, 08:51:31 AM

PalJoey said: "Rather than create some icky fiction about a talented woman "kicking herself," why not celebrate the fact that in Karen and Renee we have the gift of two remarkably talented women, both of whom happen to be women of color and both of whom have been connected with developing Lin's work AND both of whom have been recognized by the overall theater community with Tony awards?

Isn't that a better story? And probably closer to

Official Kickstarter to get Spring Awakening to perform on the Tonys  Jun 9 2016, 06:15:26 PM

lexivas said: "They used Kickstarter for the first production out in LA, that Michael Arden and Andy Mientus started with Deaf West, Ken Davenport had nothing to do with then. That's why they chose it again."

Except Ken Davenport was a secret investor in/enhancer of the original production, and basically the whole industry knows it.

Official Kickstarter to get Spring Awakening to perform on the Tonys  Jun 9 2016, 09:29:05 AM

If it helps, I don't think it would have won the Tony in any case - at least not this season.  In another season, it would be a slam dunk.  But all signs pointed to "She Loves Me" (which I really enjoyed, although SA was superior in my opinion) until "Color Purple" brought in Heather Headley.  Erivo is a master and the show is now incredible on just about every level.  

With really smart producing and marketing, I think the race would ha

Official Kickstarter to get Spring Awakening to perform on the Tonys  Jun 9 2016, 08:59:16 AM

"I really hate Ken Davenport for casting such a shadow on this show with his misguided tactics. This has probably even erased any tiny chance Spring Awakening may have had of taking home any awards."

I'm a voter, and that's the least of it. Davenport has been bombarding our inboxes with events and appeals that may BARELY meet the criteria for contact with voters, I don't know.  The other day it was a letter from Ali Stroker asking us to vote fo

Lin-Manuel's departure date from HAMILTON??  May 31 2016, 09:03:38 AM

Contracts are up July 9th, according to a cast member I know.  

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  May 22 2016, 01:17:57 AM

AnnieBlack said: "If only Olivo had played her cards right when Prince saw her in West Side Story, she could be the heir to his estate and living in Milwaukee"

Yes, if only she had gone home with him instead of her husband, and created a relationship/new marriage for the sole purpose of financial gain, she would now be in the enviable position of having lost her husband to a sudden drug overdose. But hooray, she'd be rich!

A word about the OBC: they w

Cirque does Broadway: PARAMOUR Previews  Apr 17 2016, 09:17:49 PM

HI GUYS HAS ANYONE ACTUALLY SEEN THIS SHOW?

Oh, sorry, I guess I was shouting.

Cats Protest--May 4th  Apr 10 2016, 09:02:51 PM

JM226 said: "^^^ just going to take a wild guess that you're his friend. cute"

I guess you could call him a friend of mine, but I only know him a little.  He's certainly not a close friend, I just thought that it was an unfair critique to say that he isn't smart.

Cats Protest--May 4th  Apr 10 2016, 09:29:23 AM

PalJoey said: "He's pretty but he's not bright."

Oh please, he's plenty smart, and it's beyond clear from the actual blog post that he completely understands it's a joke.

New Wildhorn musical Casanova to debut in Vienna  Mar 31 2016, 04:34:26 PM

MichelleCraig said: "Just curious...has anyone with a Wildhorn-like track record ever come back to hit one out of the park?"

Well, Wildhorn kind of did. After the debacle of WONDERLAND everybody thought we'd never hear from him again. BONNIE AND CLYDE was not a financially successful show, but the community rallied around it as a much higher quality product and he ended up with a Tony nomination. Then he followed it up with that appalling JEKYLL revival and all w

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You