News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MargaretSchafer

MargaretSchafer Profile Photo
Member Name: MargaretSchafer
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Unauthorized autobiography of Samantha Brown  Jan 16 2017, 07:33:03 PM

Alex Kulak2 said: "It is dawn. Samantha Brown is supposed to leave for college today. She sits in her car with her bags packed, but she can't turn the key in the ignition. She is filled with doubts as the defining moments of her senior year flash through her mind.  Somehow Samantha has to come to terms with her parents' expectations, her first love, and a lost friendship before she can turn the key and make the first decision of her adult life. 

It's

The best rhymes in musical theater history  Jan 16 2017, 07:12:05 PM

One of my favorites, although certainly not the best, is from Into the Woods:

"Into the woods to get the thing that makes it worth the journeying."

I don't know why I love it so much, I just do.

Unauthorized autobiography of Samantha Brown  Jan 16 2017, 07:05:37 PM

Does anyone have a good synopsis of the show? My friend and I are performing "Freedom" at Districts for the Group Musical Theatre category of Speech in our state (I'm playing Kelly) on this upcoming Saturday, and although we feel pretty much ready, we kind of want to write an intro to give some background beforehand because it is highly likely no one will be aware of what the show is about. I looked for the bootleg, but I don't think it's available anymore. If someone could give me a solid synopsis of the show, that would be much appreciated!

Official broadway magnets/Keychains for sale  Nov 24 2016, 01:05:41 AM

Ooh, is the Superboy and the Invisible Girl keychain still available? That sounds awesome!

All-Girl Group Musical Theatre Suggestions For Speech?  Nov 24 2016, 01:01:41 AM

ggersten said: "Medleys from Working or Is There Life After High  School or Edges?"

I have a very basic knowledge of Edges and have heard of Is There Life After High School, but I'm not familiar with Working and I don't know much (if anything) about any of the three. I will definitely look them up, thanks for the suggestions!

All-Girl Group Musical Theatre Suggestions For Speech?  Nov 24 2016, 12:56:57 AM

Leaf Coneybear said: ""A Soft Place" or "Negative" from waitress? Or a waitress medley might be cool!"

Somehow Waitress never even came into my head as a possibility, that's a great idea! I will definitely put it down on my list of ideas, my only concern is that it will be done with some frequency due to it being a currently running show. Regardless, though, thanks for the ideas!

Falsettos revival cast album  Nov 23 2016, 11:20:23 PM

jacobsnchz14 said: "Now available for pre-order; expected to ship in January 

http://www.sh-k-boom.com/falsettos
"

I now have a late Christmas present picked out, I'm so excited!

All-Girl Group Musical Theatre Suggestions For Speech?  Nov 23 2016, 11:05:48 PM

Leaf Coneybear said: "Maybe candy store from heathers? You'd probably have to change some lyrics though"

Ooh, that's a good idea and could be a lot of fun! The only problem is that Heathers tends to be very popular to do as a medley, at least in Iowa (where I live), there were two different schools in my school's district of the state alone that performed it last year and there was another group who performed it at State&

All-Girl Group Musical Theatre Suggestions For Speech?  Nov 23 2016, 10:38:13 PM

Alex Kulak2 said: "Vanities

"

Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into it!

All-Girl Group Musical Theatre Suggestions For Speech?  Nov 23 2016, 07:20:19 PM

Hi, I'm a high schooler who is trying to organize a Group Musical Theatre to represent our school in state Speech. However, due to my being a poor planner, many people interested in participating in the category have already found groups. Because of this, I'm struggling to find members, and there will almost certainly not be any guys left who want to join. Does anyone have a suggestion for a song or medley of songs (from the same show, please) that could be performed by 2-4 girls? I would prefer that it be something not too overdone, and that it be not too difficult but still impressive, although I'm open to more difficult pieces as well. Thanks for any help you can give me!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You