News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for camerangel

camerangel Profile Photo
Member Name: camerangel
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Will San Jose ever get a decent theatre?
 Jun 19 2006, 12:05:20 PM
I doubt bart in SJ will happen in my lifetime.. And having to go to Fremont for the closest Bart station is horrible..

re: Will San Jose ever get a decent theatre?
 Jun 19 2006, 11:49:06 AM
As a theatre patron the SJCPA is a pain because of the way the seats are set up..Not to mention they are kind of falling apart. I agree whole heartedly on that. I much prefer the MVCPA seating wise, I dont think there is really a bad seat in that house. Working in the SJCPA leaves something to be desired as well.. It's old and it's run down. The backstage, dock area, downstairs rehearsal rooms and even the dressing rooms really need some work. The stage is huge and would hold the Mountain View s
re: tick, tick...Boom! New Jersey
 Jun 6 2006, 02:10:06 PM
I'm looking forward to hearing what people have to say about this production.. I'm Stage Managing a regional production in Sept..
re: Opinions of Seussical?
 Apr 11 2006, 11:48:57 AM
I really enjoyed working on this show.. if you are interested here are the pictures from our production.

http://www.shutterfly.com/pro/PYT/Seussical/RedFishPhotos

re: Altarholics
 Apr 4 2006, 01:47:12 PM
Caitlin actually posts on BWW sometimes..

re: Mimi's Blue Pants
 Apr 4 2006, 01:37:07 PM
The pants hit just below the knee usually and have a black dip front waist band that is about 2 inches thick would be my guess. I'm not sure exactly what type of fabric it is, but if I had to guess I would say a vinyl/neoprene type fabric.
re: Mimi's Blue Pants
 Apr 4 2006, 01:25:10 PM
Yes it is true.. The fabric for the mimi pants is no longer available so there is a new fabric being used. Any future Mimi's will be wearing the new pants that are the same style and pattern only the fabric is a lighter blue and about 3000x more glittery/sparkely.. so much that they border on distracting.

re: Your Favorite 'I'll cover you' REPRISE vocalist.
 Mar 14 2006, 05:15:41 PM
Marcus was on tour for a couple of years and joined the broadway cast just about a year ago as Mr Jefferson/SoL soloist and Collins undterstudy..

Mark Richard Ford was the Collins prior to Destan who is on Broadway now.

re: Your Favorite 'I'll cover you' REPRISE vocalist.
 Mar 14 2006, 01:06:55 PM
Marcus Paul James by far.. the man makes me cry everytime..

And yes Akiva, unless Marucs was out you wouldn't have seen Aswad.. I love As to death but he doesn't perform the role enough to be blow away good.. He's not bad, he's just not take my breathe away good.. As' SoL solo is amazing though.

re: Policies on large bags at theatres...
 Mar 7 2006, 12:18:32 PM
Actually now that I think about it I dont believe you are allowed to take backpacks into the Shubert (Spamalot).. If you have an idea on what you plan to see definately check with the theatre ahead of time.

In my experience they are resonable, especially considering many people ride the Metro into the city and therfore have to bring a backpack etc.

re: Policies on large bags at theatres...
 Mar 7 2006, 12:10:19 PM
they will more than likely check it to make sure it's not camera equipment etc.. But all the NYC theatres that I have been in let you take backpacks.
re: Jesus Christ Superstar
 Mar 6 2006, 05:05:51 PM
You mean to tell me that every version I have ever seen was staged wrong?? Judas didn't hang himself? he was instead crucified?

**ponders**

Mar 6 2006, 03:34:36 PM
Don't actors do this all the time? There are a lot of original works out there that would prevent an actor from researching a role until after reading the script.

Yes this is true, but in this instance there is no reason for this person not to know about the show. Doing a little research on a show that has been around for a while and is fairly well known is logical.. It's just odd to me that they would audition without doing the research..

re: Warner Theater in DC. . .seating.
 Mar 6 2006, 03:30:18 PM
Once the show starts you wont even notice the theatre anymore.. But it is truely beautiful inside.

Mar 6 2006, 03:28:28 PM
The show's main focus is Judas' betrayal of Jesus, and also Jesus' relationship with Mary Magdalene - just in case your question was serious. There are those who say that the actor who plays Judas is really the star of this show.

It's also told from Judas' point of view.

Mar 6 2006, 12:07:11 PM
You would honestly consider auditioning for a show that you know nothing about?? Wow, just wow.. how can you properly prepare yourself for that and choose an appropriate monologue and song??

JUST WOW!!!!

re: Warner Theater in DC. . .seating.
 Mar 6 2006, 12:03:18 PM
In the past the bass has been overwhelming at this venue for Rent.

Also erinrebecca and exedore are correct in regards to seating.

re: Rent in Connecticut
 Mar 6 2006, 11:58:57 AM
It is all depending on what the theatre chooses to do. They have the choice of first come first serve or lotto. Most of the theatres I've dealt with are first come first serve. Your best bet is to call the box office and ask.
i found a long explanation of rent thats good for people who want to kn
 Feb 15 2006, 06:14:48 PM
Ooo sweet and salty.. **licks lips**
i found a long explanation of rent thats good for people who want to kn
 Feb 15 2006, 06:10:40 PM
Where's the popcorn? it was your turn to provide it Papa..
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You